True Healers

Hendross
Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Who are the currently true healers and not?

True Healers
X-Force
Patch
Daken

Fake Healers
OBW
Spidey
Kamala

Not Sure
Groot
Rags
Beast

Miss anyone?

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    Who are the currently true healers and not?

True Healers
    X-Force
    Patch
    Daken
    Missed AX wolvie

Fake Healers
    OBW
    Spidey
    Kamala

Not Sure
    Groot - true self heal
    Rags - fake self heal
    Beast - fake team heal

Miss anyone?
    added into the quote above...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool's Black skill is true self heal as well.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:

but 1/2 the time it kills him... do we even consider that?

But, yes, it is a True heal in the same way that Ares Sunder is.. it has a downside that can kill the character.
  • TxMoose
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

But, yes, it is a True heal in the same way that Ares Sunder is.. it has a downside that can kill the character.
    I thought deadpool black didn't activate if it would kill him? can someone confirm?
  • Malcrof
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

I thought deadpool black didn't activate if it would kill him? can someone confirm?

It does, and he will gladly jump in front of you to die by an Ultron Bomb when you are working to get whales off.
  • TxMoose
    Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

It does, and he will gladly jump in front of you to die by an Ultron Bomb when you are working to get whales off.
    mental note... guess I haven't played with him enough to realize that. I swear i thought I've seen him hang back if it would kill him. i have seen him jump in front for an ability that didn't kill him, but the ability resulted in a cascade that did. anyway - need to play with him more.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Then let's just scratch Daken off the list too. Not enough Blues and he goes down.
  • Malcrof
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Then let's just scratch Daken off the list too. Not enough Blues and he goes down.

But you can still prologue heal Daken all the way to full
  • Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

But you can still prologue heal Daken all the way to full

You can prologue heal Ares to almost full too, just takes more work and a separate fake healer.
  • Malcrof
    daibar wrote:
    You can prologue heal Ares to almost full too, just takes more work and a separate fake healer.

how.. his heal is less than the damage he takes casting sunder.. it would always be a loss..
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    daibar wrote:

how.. his heal is less than the damage he takes casting sunder.. it would always be a loss..
    No, it would not. He will use fake health for Yellow and heal up real health. You've never noticed this with Patch or Daken that when they heal, they heal actual health through shielded health? True Healing has worked this way for a while. Now apply that knowledge to Deadpool as well.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    daibar wrote:

No, it would not. He will use fake health for Yellow and heal up real health. You've never noticed this with Patch or Daken that when they heal, they heal actual health through shielded health? True Healing has worked this way for a while. Now apply that knowledge to Deadpool as well.

hmm.. very interesting.. would have to pick a late prologue match to have enough time to do it, but very interesting nonetheless...

these days i only use him on 1 sub in DDQ, so will probably never try this, but still.. good info!
  • No, it would not. He will use fake health for Yellow and heal up real health. You've never noticed this with Patch or Daken that when they heal, they heal actual health through shielded health? True Healing has worked this way for a while. Now apply that knowledge to Deadpool as well.
    ... I can't imagine someone trying to prologue heal Deadpool. That'd just be ... really painful.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Yes it can work for Ares but he will never be at a 100% plus you still have to collect all the Yellow AND have a fake healer like OBW to collect Blue.

I use to use him, OBW and Daken in DDQ before I built my 3* characters.. wave 1-3 I would collect 30 Yellow AP, and 30 Blue. I would use his Yellow Sunder 3x, then heal him fully with OBW, then after 2 turns he would be about 90% health but he'll never earn more than he lost with Sunder.

I can't see how that would work with DP either as he would constantly have to jump infront.. sounds like a waste of time. We do have 10 health packs now healthpack.png
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    daibar wrote:
    ... I can't imagine someone trying to prologue heal Deadpool. That'd just be ... really painful.

Trying to true heal Ares and Deadpool through their skills in prologue are probably a waste of your time although theoretically it is possible.

For Deadpool, you need him to have the most health in your team and the opposing team to deal enough damage to trigger his Black.

ie. Paired with Patch and True Healer
    Enough patch pink strike tiles will trigger black consecutively if he isn't in front and he will heal more than the damage taken.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Was never meant to be a suggestion to heal Deadpool or Ares that way but an idea on team comps with those characters. It takes longer to down a character if they can be healed and still recover health.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Yes it can work for Ares but he will never be at a 100% plus you still have to collect all the Yellow AND have a fake healer like OBW to collect Blue.

I use to use him, OBW and Daken in DDQ before I built my 3* characters.. wave 1-3 I would collect 30 Yellow AP, and 30 Blue. I would use his Yellow Sunder 3x, then heal him fully with OBW, then after 2 turns he would be about 90% health but he'll never earn more than he lost with Sunder.

I can't see how that would work with DP either as he would constantly have to jump infront.. sounds like a waste of time. We do have 10 health packs now healthpack.png

I use him in the Third Times A Charm.. since you can only use 2*'s.. if not for that one sub in DDQ he would never get used (no, not going to sell him, i am a hoarder)
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did manage to heal Ares to full once by having two Sunder's complete. Sunder once, use OBW or other "fake" heals to Sunder again. When they both resolve you'll have a full Ares.

Rare circumstances, but possible.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Yes it will... probably what you saw was that deadpool had less health, which is why he didn't jump in front. If his health is lower than the target of the damage, the ability won't fire.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

I use him in the Third Times A Charm.. since you can only use 2*'s.. if not for that one sub in DDQ he would never get used (no, not going to sell him, i am a hoarder)

haha there is nothing wrong with hoarding Ares. He's one of the most useful 2*s, especially when boosted, he can one shot just about anyone.