changed my mind on the survey

loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I voted that I would use the "quick match" option daily because I thought, "yeah, I'd probably use that for the 1* match in DDQ every day." But thinking about it more, that's actually the part of the game I enjoy the most - stomping through some PvE content with overleveled characters very quickly with zero chance of losing. The actual match game is the best part of this game - the meta-game of leveling characters and pretending that you'll ever get out of the 3* transition is the worst. So, my answer should be: no. I wouldn't use a "skip a match quickly" button because that's the only part of the game I enjoy. At this point I've pretty much given up on the metagame anyway.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I said I would rarely use it, but I actually think I would use it more often. depending on how the AI performs, I could see the entire ddq becoming autoplay other than big enchilada. all trivial nodes in pve. LR seed teams. I'm still holding on to all aspects of the game, so to actually play everything is quite time consuming and a grind. if I could cut that in half, I would still be getting the play time to satisfy my enjoyment of the match-3 game that it is, but only manually playing the more difficult/more critical matches. I don't think I would use it at all in pvp other than the seed teams. this assumes that the AI plays reasonably and wins most of the time when my team is a higher level than the opponent. I have lots of teams that can be thrown at nodes that I don't care if a character goes down here or there. there are only usually about 6-8 characters each week that are critical for the higher nodes and that means the other 25-30 can be used freely.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I agree completely, Loroku. That question caught me so off-guard that I wondered if it was a test question of some sort, rather than an actual proposed feature. I honestly wonder if it is a way for them to ask you what you enjoy more: the match-3 game or the meta-game?

Of course, the rewards motivate me to push a little harder or to sheild up to preserve points, but the minute that I want the AI to play the "actual game" for me will be the moment that MPQ fails to be a compelling experience.

An auto-play button might as well be the uninstall button for me.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I'd just assume that auto play take into affect when you're away from game? That's the reason I voted in favour of it, as that would make up the loss of points during a fully PvE refresh whilst I'm at work...

If that's not how it works, no harm having such feature in game & not use it.
  • TxMoose
    I love the match 3 game and I enjoy on some level each aspect of the game. however, in total, keeping all aspects of the game up and doing well in each requires much more time than desired. I typically fit it in because I want the rewards, but if playing everything (pvp, pve, ddq, LRs, etc.) takes ~4 hrs/day to compete, if I could reduce that to, say, 2 hours. that would be super beneficial to me - doesn't mean I don't enjoy it, but don't want to have to spend so long playing it for the desired rewards (but I understand its totally reasonable that for the maximum rewards, will require more commitment - either time or money). looking forward to the day when my ***s are covered such that I no longer feel I need to play pve - that would free up a lot of time for sure, but its getting me hp too, so there's that.
  • I don't think "quick match" is referring to a skip (auto play) match feature.
    Instead I think they meant a "quick match" as a new feature to play one single game with the cpu (non-event game play).
  • TxMoose
    MrGame004 wrote:
    I don't think "quick match" is referring to a skip (auto play) match feature.
    Instead I think they meant a "quick match" as a new feature to play one single game with the cpu (non-event game play).
    if that's the case, um, no, plenty of events to satisfy my mpq itch.
  • I agree completely, Loroku. That question caught me so off-guard that I wondered if it was a test question of some sort, rather than an actual proposed feature. I honestly wonder if it is a way for them to ask you what you enjoy more: the match-3 game or the meta-game?

Of course, the rewards motivate me to push a little harder or to sheild up to preserve points, but the minute that I want the AI to play the "actual game" for me will be the moment that MPQ fails to be a compelling experience.

An auto-play button might as well be the uninstall button for me.

I registered to these forums after almost two years of playing just to say exactly this. I enjoy the match-3 gameplay and I wouldn't use a quick match option. But I'm scared that if such option was introduced, the game would have to be balanced around it and that would mean much more grind for us who don't like skipping the gameplay.

This month i dabbled in Marvel Future Fight and enjoyed it quite a bit for a while. But it's gameplay is built around the "clear tickets" and getting anything done means hours of grinding or using the ticket. And I asked myself why i'm even playing this, if the actual game is something i want to skip because it's repetitive and time consuming.

Not to mention some other games on Google Play that have no actual gameplay at all (it plays always automatically) and the only point is to collect and upgrade stuff. I don't understand the appeal of those at all.

I enjoy the match-3 game a lot and the collectathon around it is just a motivational bonus for me. Don't take that away, please.
  • I enjoy playing Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    I do not want to play Marvel Progress Quest.

If this is even a feature that is being considered it tells me the devs realize there is too much grind in their game, but rather than eliminating it, they would prefer to automate it. This seems like the wrong choice.