Has anyone noticed little #s on random tiles, lately?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It first happened to me in DDQ, on Sunday. I thought it was odd, but whatevered it.

Just now an alliance mate mentioned that they'd been seeing them, too.

Anyone else seen them or heard anything about them?

(Obligatory Conspiracy Theory : It has been claimed several times that times drops are "lol completely random you guys", but why on Earth are these newly discovered tiles all numbered?)

Comments

• Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    I've saw these a couple times too. Far as I can tell they don't do anything. The number never counts down or anything. Although I heard if you put them in the Horadric Cube with Wirt's Leg it opens the Cow Level! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I saw one last night and press on it. It was a Black tile with a "1" on it and I was playing Blade (he was my highest for black). When I pressed on it it said something about Blade destroys this tile, which I think is what it says on any of the tiles with his icon on it.

So, I have no idea what they are for.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't seen it yet but maybe it's their solution to telling us what the strongest color is..?
  • I haven't seen it yet but maybe it's their solution to telling us what the strongest color is..?

I would freaking LOVE anything remotely like that! icon_e_surprised.gif

DBC
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    madsalad wrote:
    I saw one last night and press on it. It was a Black tile with a "1" on it and I was playing Blade (he was my highest for black). When I pressed on it it said something about Blade destroys this tile, which I think is what it says on any of the tiles with his icon on it.

So, I have no idea what they are for.
    was blade your highest guy, or in the middle, if so, that might be a strongest color indication and that would be really nice if it were added somehow.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is one team-mate saw the other day, saying "It happened when the board shuffled with no available matches"

443.jpg
  • Punisher5784
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Here is one team-mate saw the other day, saying "It happened when the board shuffled with no available matches"

443.jpg

I still haven't seen this yet and I played earlier.. maybe Black is your strongest color? What does the tile say when you click on it?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I still haven't seen this yet and I played earlier.. maybe Black is your strongest color? What does the tile say when you click on it?

I think he said there was no indication what it was, he matched it later and it did nothing.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    I ran into this as well, it was a 1 on a tile after a shuffle. I grabbed a screen shot of it, maybe Ill dig it up later. It had the standard pop up, and did nothing special when matched away.
  • The issue has already been reported in the bug forum. The bug appears to be caused by board shuffling while countdown tiles are present.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vynyv wrote:
    The issue has already been reported in the bug forum. The bug appears to be caused by board shuffling while countdown tiles are present.

Dammit you beat me to it. I was gonne say it was due to board shuffling =(
  • Punisher5784
    Vynyv wrote:
    The issue has already been reported in the bug forum. The bug appears to be caused by board shuffling while countdown tiles are present.

Damn.. I thought maybe they would finally address "strongest color." Maybe next year icon_lol.gif
  • The number never counts down or anything. Although I heard if you put them in the Horadric Cube with Wirt's Leg it opens the Cow Level! icon_e_surprised.gif
    Ahhh...Diablo II. Maybe D3 will add a hardcore difficulty to MPQ...
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    shade_tree wrote:
    The number never counts down or anything. Although I heard if you put them in the Horadric Cube with Wirt's Leg it opens the Cow Level! icon_e_surprised.gif
    Ahhh...Diablo II. Maybe D3 will add a hardcore difficulty to MPQ...
    man all that retreating will be tough, also loosing a level 166 3* to a lvl 90 team will be game throwing level of rage.