Pvp. Help!

I'm having some serious issues with pvp and I'm wondering what others are doing. I've reached over 500 points in all but two events and cannot crack top 100. Help?

Comments

• Try beating people with high points so you'll finish with more points.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    They increased the number of points you get from wining fights by 50%, If you used to get t100 by getting 500 points you will need 750+ now.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Try hitting a later time slice. I've been able to crack top 100 every time so far with a bit over 400. 600 has been enough for top 10. I never hit the first or last slice.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I feel like the source of this thread might be a "perfect storm" combination of "I was just promoted out of a newbie bracket" and "**** the required points for top placement just shot up by 200."

If you've been placing well with around 500 points, you were probably in a new player bracket. Outside of new player brackets, 500 points was never a guarantee of t100. Under the current system, in "vet" brackets, even 800 points isn't absolute guarantee of t100 placement anymore.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try hitting a later time slice. I've been able to crack top 100 every time so far with a bit over 400. 600 has been enough for top 10. I never hit the first or last slice.
    this is a noob bracket. t10 in 'vet' or 'advanced' brackets all easily exceed 1000 lately. most of the time 1500 by the end and sometimes 1000 does not get you t25 now. enjoy this while you have it - it does not last.
  • Thanks for the help. Reached the 725 award and came in at 74 for the blade event. Hopefully this keeps up.