Anyone have a video of pre-nerf Sentry, Rags, Spidey?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I keep hearing about pre-nerf Sentry, Rags, and Spidey, i would love to see what they were like back then... do any videos exist?

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Here's one I found on YouTube for Sentry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0b-iAzq84
  • Malcrof
    Here's one I found on YouTube for Sentry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-0b-iAzq84

Whoa..
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre-nerf Spidery was 2AP Blue Stun. 2. A. P. BLUE. STUN.
    Rags was 2AP Red that generated Green tiles. You can picture how utterly ridiculous that can get when you lump on strike tiles.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rags was 2AP Red that generated Green tiles. You can picture how utterly ridiculous that can get when you lump on strike tiles.

You're leaving out the part that it was +1 turn per web tile up to 5. 10 blue was 1/2/3 turn stun, then a 4 turn the next turn on the guy getting out, then a 5 turn on the next. Get a blue match every other turn and you can keep the entire enemy team busy. Pair mmag to turn purple into blue.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    dkffiv wrote:

You're leaving out the part that it was +1 turn per web tile up to 5. 10 blue was 1/2/3 turn stun, then a 4 turn the next turn on the guy getting out, then a 5 turn on the next. Get a blue match every other turn and you can keep the entire enemy team busy. Pair mmag to turn purple into blue.
    I try to not remember things that make me weep.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see prenerf CMag video. I didn't see his powers until after they switched.
  • Malcrof
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Way to make all of us nostalgic old timers weep.....

yeah, those three were broken (I do NOT include winfinite or CMag, though he would have needed a tweak with the current prevalence of strike tiles) and needed fixing.....but most went so far as to totally destroy the char.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Way to make all of us nostalgic old timers weep.....

yeah, those three were broken (I do NOT include winfinite or CMag, though he would have needed a tweak with the current prevalence of strike tiles) and needed fixing.....but most went so far as to totally destroy the char.

Hmmm? Cmags 2 AP red was pretty broken. Patch/Cmags was one of the fastest teams for a bit because constant 1K+ damage loops and cascades. His change left him in a good position and he does respectable damage at decent AP cost.

Mystique, you can't spam her blue for tiles anymore, still pretty decent. Pairs well with other stealers for near total AP lockout.

MNMags, could be argued that since they also gave him red generation he's actually better now.

Rags, gutted.

Sentry, somewhat gutted.

Xforce, green damage gutted. Dat black damage though.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Hmmm? Cmags 2 AP red was pretty broken. Patch/Cmags was one of the fastest teams for a bit because constant 1K+ damage loops and cascades. His change left him in a good position and he does respectable damage at decent AP cost.
    MNMags, could be argued that since they also gave him red generation he's actually better now.
    <snip>
    Xforce, green damage gutted. Dat black damage though.

CMag: True, red was bad but that was true of ALL seriously cheap (sub 5 AP) skills. I MUCH preferred his blue, as that was just about the epitome of what a puzzle was about: place tiles strategically to length the turn. And it wasnt nearly as infinite as winifinte since you ran out of blue options. (edit) Part of the reason it became Patchneto was because Patch was really the best strike tile generator...we now have more, and maybe even better, so it would have been even more broken, but that is back to super cheap abilities.

MNMag: I loved the strategy of tile placement so the new version just lacks something for me, but I can see how the change was semi-neutral

XF: Taking two good colors and making one blah, even if boosting the other through the roof, will always make for destroying a char. If we didnt have IF as a black pump I doubt we would see XF anymore outside the goon nodes.