D3, please see this. Got a fantastic Idea!

Hi Everyone.

This is about PVE events.

I think it's safe to say that these 7day long PVE events are tiring, tedious not to mention Time consuming and nobody even plays for the full 7 days, Not even the best pve players i'm sure.

May I suggest making pve events no longer than 4days long. You start the pve event on Sunday or monday and it finishes on a wednesday or Thursday. Then NO PVE EVENTS AT ALL till Sunday or monday in the same/next week. This way players can rest, go out with their family and take a break. We deserve chill time, who else agrees?

I'm aware not everyone will have Sunday and Monday but as long as we have 3, 2 or even 1 days break from No PVE then that will be worth, Come on y'all who else agrees?

This PVE event is currently very disapointing coz if you miss one day of grinding you basically out of contention for Carnage. Plus people have had issues with this later patch so it feel demoralizing playing for this pve event if you not going to earn Carnage.

Can you guys read this and lemme know what you think?

All the best.
Dragonpriest

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Not everyone plays PVP though, so if you have multiple days where the only thing a PVE player has to play is DDQ, they will probably find something else to do.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    I agree that 7 day PvE events are a slog but the top PvE players do grind it out for 7 days straight...

You can always take a break by not playing the PvE event.
  • Isn't that the point guys?

To have a break where you can find something else to do.

I'm a PVP and a PVE player and while it's challenging doing both. The rewards are outrageously cool.

I donno if you guys have experienced burn out yet in MPQ? icon_cry.gif It's not very fun, you have no desire to do anything even DPD and you experience conflict and anxiety coz it's challenging being high in the leader boards.

When you guys have felt the effects of Burn out then hopefully you can sympathize. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.
    Dragonpriest cardpack.png
  • The solution would be limiting the PvE events to this 4-day duration limit, while adding a Gauntlet-like permanent event (that resets every day). Or make story PvE scale every time you clear all nodes and reset the progress every week, giving players what do to between PvE events.

What REALLY pisses me off is releasing 2-3 new characters in a row, forcing you to play PvE continuously (with high activity) to get those rewards, specially because stupidly enough, the newly released character will be an essential in the following event (so if you dont play hard to get it its release event, the follow up event, which will release another new character, will be even harder without an essential)
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Rather than forcing D3 to give you a break by not scheduling an event; just decide to take one on your own. Prodigal Sun just started... decide not to care about that event. Let one go. (Besides... Beast prizes?)

Its kinda liberating.

Week-long events are heinous; no arguments there.
  • ScrawL
    ScrawL Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I do agree with you and I've been feeling the burn out a lot lately but then carnage came out so I HAD to get him and he turns out being one of my last favorite covers of all time, so disappointed. MPQ in general is incredibly tedious and time consuming. It gets incredibly frustrating. I've considered quitting entirely and even considered uninstalling. I do agree that they should do something to allow people to take a break without missing out on essential rewards.

One thing they have done to help was increase health pack inventory to ten from five. So that really helps for people that tend to play in one long period of time once a day rather than throughout the whole day.

Again I understand the burn out but, hang in there tho, there is a lot of exciting improvements and additions coming this summer including a vault style store front, which I can't wait for.
  • Isn't that the point guys?

I'm a PVP and a PVE player and while it's challenging doing both. The rewards are outrageously cool.

I donno if you guys have experienced burn out yet in MPQ? icon_cry.gif It's not very fun, you have no desire to do anything even DPD and you experience conflict and anxiety coz it's challenging being high in the leader boards.

When you guys have felt the effects of Burn out then hopefully you can sympathize. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thanks guys.

I played all seven days of carnage event, placed number one. Overall it was not worth it. Last two hours of the event I was nervous and heart racing to gain enough point to reach the number one spot. After the event, I was excited for about 10 mins and then crash and burn.
    It is what it is. If you are constantly playing like this every event, you will burn out. Just pick and choose your events, I think that's the point of "streamline" system, to help players from burning out.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Isn't that the point guys?

Thanks guys.

We have lost a few members to burn out. I am consistently t5/t10 in PVP and t10/t20 in PVE, so I know what it is like to be high in the leaderboards. You need to have content available to keep people playing the game. If there is content available and you choose not to play it, you can take a break. But for the player who wants something to play, if there is no content available for them, they will find a different game to play.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Not to be devious, but they can't allow you a break. Part of the plan is a constant campaign to program you. If they facilitated breaks you might take one and decide not to come back.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    no reason for a break but i would like for them to do this

Thursday - monday (4 day)
    monday- thursday (3 day)
    or
    Thur to sun 3 day
    Sun to thur 4 day

Call one a weekend PVE and one a Weekday PVE... many dont have time to play on the weekends and missing 2 days really screws up a week long PVE
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I agree they should be shorter. No gaps between events, but shorter. Maybe even run the shorter ones along side the week long events, but as it stands at the moment the game is a huge time commitment.

What I'd really love to see is them introduce some variety to the PVE nodes. Something to introduce more of a challenge that isn't scaling induced beasts of death - maybe a puzzle element.

I mean, they could introduce PVE specific loaners, like a citizen cover that is required for one node, that the other two covers have to protect - the cover could tank all covers, and you have to defeat the villains before the citizens health depletes or something. There are loads of comic cliché moments they could turn into a more difficult puzzly mode - diffuse the bomb, decrypt the information, rescue the prisoners..... type thing.

Might be a bit gimmicky - but would be a little different - might make the grinding less repetitive too - and introduce a new challenge.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    We deserve chill time, who else agrees?
    Chill time is events where you don't need the covers. And if one is grinding anyway to get the HP, that's their prerogative.