DDQ: best 3* team for the Hand days

I get through DDQ final battles pretty comfortably with Thor, Hulk and Falcon all at 150 -- Falcon can reduces damage and can take care of most of the attack tiles, while Hulk works as a green battery for Thor. I grind down the goons to store up AP and then blast away with Thor on the villain rounds. The only time this tends not to work is the days that are heavy on Hand goons. Usually I can tough it out, but some days I'm overwhelmed with their prolific attack and buff tiles before I can lay down any defense. What's a better combo? Swap DD for Falcon?

Comments

• LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I'm going to suggest LOKI, since his black is great at reversing that right back at them. Also his purple lets you shake the board which may make a few of those enemy attack tiles within reach. Maybe Patch to go with him, and someone with a decent blue and yellow, either BP or CMags... rainbow coverage isn't the most important factor, but that should allow for some offense while still handling those bloody tiles.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    This works perfectly every time (usually with no damage taken)

Patch/lazy cap/obw.

Collect red and blue asap. Try to get one or two protect tiles out before finishing wave 1.

Hold onto berserker rage until late in wave 2, when you can drop the enemy tile-movers in one turn.

Once all those strike tiles are out, just let one make matches through the end. Shield stun and bash as necessary.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    She Hulk or (I can't believe I'm about to say this) Moonstone might not be the worst thing for Hand days...flipping those attack tiles around could be quite useful
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a few of these threads now, but my answer is still the same. Patch-Loki-Panther.

Most days I just collect AP on wave 1& 3, then on round 2&4 its Battleplan -> Berzerker (sometimes twice) - Best There Is -> Rage, that kills everything quick.

On days with the hand, I'll Berzerker/Trickery the first set, so the shield tiles eat up the attack tiles until they can be addressed. Only time I wouldn't is if the board happens to blue heavy, in which case Defense Grid will do a good enough job getting protection out there, and Patch can eat the leftovers.

It's rainbow active so the combo is basically board proof. I've had a few close calls where Loki takes too much damage (he tanks black for me), but most days that set is trivial to beat.
  • LazyCap, MoStorm, OBW.
    If they've refixed it, Cap stuns a Teiatsu before downing to prevent turn to smoke. OBW steals red to fuel cap. MoStorm Green destroys tiles if they get attack tiles off, while LCap's Red and Blue can generally pick off the rest. Storm is able to clog tiles by filling everything with hailstorm by the 2nd wave.

The hand is definitely the hardest to deal with, and it's still possible to get hit by either a few low damage shurikens, or a quick Strength in Numbers if you get unlucky.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I've been using BP, SW, and KK for a while now and it's been working great. Plenty of board altering moves and every non-goon round gets a rage from BP and some fists from KK. KK's temp healing helps and green creation makes enough cascades for me to get rid of any pesky tiles
  • teknofyl
    teknofyl Posts: 80
    The teams that I have found can really chew up The Big Enchilada are:
      Blade/Falcon/Daken (get 5 blue, then grab purple and yellow, let Daken take the big hits if possible, this is a slow-building buzzsaw team) C. Magneto/Scarlet Witch/Blade (delay finishing off the first wave until you get Blade's purple out once or twice, useful active powers on all colors so focus on matches that net you the most overall AP regardless of color) M. Thor/Blade/Daken (Rainbow, so just get as much AP with matching as possible to unleash when the second and fourth waves show up, don't be stingy with Daken's blue) Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Scarlet Witch (just grind slow on waves one and three, build purple with Arcane Incantation, go to town on the fools in waves three and four)

Depending on the toons available to you. Each of these teams downs wave four for me in a single turn quite frequently, but it still depends on how the tiles fall.
  • Best wave team out there is Blade/LCap/Falcon. Typically I am doing 2000 to 3000 match damage plus 3000 to 5000 more in attack tiles by the 4th wave, with 24 blue stockpiled to stun 2 of 3 before they get a turn. All incoming damage is 1 with Cap's Blue and Yellow.
  • Alzulra
    Alzulra Posts: 18
    My go-to team is always LCap, GSBW, and BP regardless of who's in the enchilada. LCap handles the enemies on the goon waves, whereas a quick sniper rifle+RotP combo takes out all of the others. The only problem I have is if I have a bad board shake and don't get much red or blue at the beginning; then sometimes I might have to eat some damage.

I think ultimately, there's a lot of good combos, it just depends on who you have covered and leveled in your roster!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27968&start=40#p366090

Why send 3*s when 2Storm and 2Mags will always be the best team for BE?

Hood + Storm + Magneto.

Hood slows down AP production for the other team (fewer CD tiles), speeds up your own AP production, can use twin pistols to clean up the board, and can use intimidation to instantly launch magnetic flux.

Storm is there for the even levels. She can stun/kill the entire enemy team for 33 Blue AP, which is easy to produce when paired with Magneto. Once you've run out of other AP generation options, fire off a lightning storm to gather 30 random AP.

Magneto has his 9 Purple AP blue/red generation move. He makes the L and T five, six, or seven match crits (double match fours), cleans up CD tiles, and fills the board with red. Magnetic flux cleans up TTS attack tiles, generates massive AP, and deals decent damage.

I've brought other teams for fun, but no other team that I've brought has been nearly as perfect.
  • GSBW-Hood-CStorm has been my everyday DDQ team since selling MNMags for HP after his re-work.
    Goon waves are for gathering AP, Tactics into Lightning can earn a bunch and clean off some enemy tiles. Pistols also offer some enemy tile elimination. Finish off the last goon with an Intimidate or two, then double Wind Storm and a Sniper Rifle will take care of the next wave, may need to finish up the stunned characters, but that'll be easy enough.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    papa07 wrote:
    Best wave team out there is Blade/LCap/Falcon. Typically I am doing 2000 to 3000 match damage plus 3000 to 5000 more in attack tiles by the 4th wave, with 24 blue stockpiled to stun 2 of 3 before they get a turn. All incoming damage is 1 with Cap's Blue and Yellow.

This right here. I've used this team from the beginning of DDQ and the worst I have done is having Cap downed once due to a bad ai cascade (I still won the match). So many strike tiles all over the board and the attack tiles from the first round are usually gone by the end of round 2.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tried and true team for me is still 2* thor/obw/cstorm. Takes a while to build ap, but by the time the last wave arrives they will never get to take a turn. If you get a good board for the 1st wave, even the 2nd wave doesn't get to do more than make a couple matches.