New power ideas

Options
Psychic themed character, maybe make a passive power that will show a row or 2 (or 3!) ghost tiles above the screen, showing you what's going to fall in after the next match. Maybe professor X, Jean Grey style.

Also, a speed or time based power that allows you to make 2 or moves simultaneously. Maybe a quicksilver.

Nightcrawler? Tile teleportation? Sort of like moonstone but voluntary?

Just some ideas.

Comments

• Mystique. Copies any power of an enemy.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    Mystique. Copies any power of an enemy.

I think mystique just LOOKS like other people, you could have Mimic though, or whoever. I think there's more than 1 mutant that can do that.

I'd like to see some more actual X-Men though. Currently storm and Wolverine are the only 2 in game, kinda light. Kinda light on mutants in general.
  • How about some cosmics like silver surfer and nova
  • nothing wrong with that.

I do think the creative team needs a bit of prodding.the last 2 characters seem kind of one-dimensional. 2 of Patch's powers focus around putting down strike house for both teams, and all three of Daredevil's powers are trap tiles.

The Hulk and Punisher were pretty well rounded, but Ares was a red green yellow 2 star damage machine, a roll already filled by Wolverine & Thor.

Maybe focus on some color combinations that aren't already taken by existing characters?
  • Yea ares was a weaker version of pre nerf Thor. And you're right, it seems like most guys either run purple/black/other or red/yellow/green. And really popular characters need to come in. I mean, who the heck is red hood?
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    Yea ares was a weaker version of pre nerf Thor. And you're right, it seems like most guys either run purple/black/other or red/yellow/green. And really popular characters need to come in. I mean, who the heck is red hood?

He's THE Hood! But yeah, honestly i'd never heard of him either. Which is funny cuz the little bio thing in his cover says he has like, the largest crime syndicate blahblahblah.

TO a degree, I understand most choices, they're trying to follow the Dark Reign story, dark avengers, yadda yadda, but I'd like to see who's coming out next. There's quite a few greats i'd like to see, personally.
  • I want a character with a vampiric healing ability. Does low to moderate damage and heals a percentage of damage done. Maybe Thane?
  • Ghost Rider

penitence stare: black energy does damage to enemy based on the last round damage to your team. I other words the more Dame you just took the more you can dish out

hellfire chain: red energy destroy a column dealing damage but generating no ap. Leaves a countdown smoldering tile that burns the enemy each turn. If the enemy matches it, then it deals a burst of damage. The burst should be for slightly more then the smolder. Make your foe choose, get rid of it early or let it countdown. You could run the risk of it getting matched after it has done smolder damage for a couple turns meaning even higher damage or you can luck out and have it only do just the smolder or better yet manage to clear it without matching

lacking an idea for a 3rd power atm but was thinking yellow energy would hit ghost rider
  • Teraphas wrote:
    Ghost Rider

penitence stare: black energy does damage to enemy based on the last round damage to your team. I other words the more Dame you just took the more you can dish out

hellfire chain: red energy destroy a column dealing damage but generating no ap. Leaves a countdown smoldering tile that burns the enemy each turn. If the enemy matches it, then it deals a burst of damage. The burst should be for slightly more then the smolder. Make your foe choose, get rid of it early or let it countdown. You could run the risk of it getting matched after it has done smolder damage for a couple turns meaning even higher damage or you can luck out and have it only do just the smolder or better yet manage to clear it without matching

lacking an idea for a 3rd power atm but was thinking yellow energy would hit ghost rider
    Sounds badass. That red would put him at four stars. Yellow could be zarathos, creates special tile that makes ghost rider stronger or makes a bunch of strike tiles.
  • I would like a character that throws up a full team shield for x amount of turns. IW would have been perfect for it.

I would like characters that had built-in boosts, where they can do xx percent damage against certain group types or take less damage from group types. Would definitely encourage more roster diversity.
  • Typhon13 wrote:
    Teraphas wrote:
    Ghost Rider

Sounds badass. That red would put him at four stars. Yellow could be zarathos, creates special tile that makes ghost rider stronger or makes a bunch of strike tiles.
    Depending on the costs and damage done yeah I kinda saw him as ending up a 3 or 4 star. I like the idea for the yellow. Maybe rename it blood of the innocent for if it places strike tiles. Ghost Rider gets more fearsome the more his opponent has sinned and all that. Or maybe keep it Zarathos (Spirit of Vengeance may be more recognizable) make it that it creates a strike tile but also steals ownership of a strike tile.

sorta a counter to strike happy characters like wolvie
  • I'd like to see Rogue. I think an ability that costs 7 Black AP and allows you to use a teammates ability for half the AP cost while damaging that teammate 10% of max health and stunning them for 3 turns. The health drain and stun could decrease with levels. It might be a cool way to get some expensive abilities in play at a cost. She could also have a vampiric healing ability. Although, the devs would probably make it one where when she makes the match, which is an annoying ability trait imho.
  • I was thinking of powers for The Thing, and one I thought of was something like Avoid in reverse - he'd be a giant pile of hitpoints that threw himself in the way to take all damage for any attack instead of who it was targetted at. Could be really useful for protecting support characters (and especially useful on defense in PVP).
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I was thinking of powers for The Thing, and one I thought of was something like Avoid in reverse - he'd be a giant pile of hitpoints that threw himself in the way to take all damage for any attack instead of who it was targetted at. Could be really useful for protecting support characters (and especially useful on defense in PVP).

I thought the Hulk might have this before they released him. This would be a good ability for the Thing.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I was thinking of powers for The Thing, and one I thought of was something like Avoid in reverse - he'd be a giant pile of hitpoints that threw himself in the way to take all damage for any attack instead of who it was targetted at. Could be really useful for protecting support characters (and especially useful on defense in PVP).
    I would not want to fight anyone with him. Obw and thing would crush anyone.
  • Teraphas wrote:
    Ghost Rider

What if you did a yellow ability, themed it after his motorcycle. Pick a time, then pick a tile adjacent to that one, you get to pick a total of 5-10 tiles to destroy. Make it fire animated, like you're driving over them, call it Hell on Wheels or something cheesy.
  • Id like to see a move where the character drops a 1 turn countdown tile that does a small amount of damage and multiplies into 2 when it goes off, for 3 consecutive turns.
    Or mabey a skill that destroys all special tiles.
  • 4-star Magneto
    The Curtain Falls, 11 Purple AP
    Magneto takes control of all enemy defensive tiles.
    Level 2: If no targets exist, deals 86 damage.
    Level 3: Also takes control of attack tiles. Costs 13 AP. Damage increased to 98.
    Level 4: Also takes control of countdown tiles. Costs 15 AP. Damage increased to 109.
    Level 5: Also takes control of strike tiles. Costs 18 AP. Damage increased to 120.
  • bongo king wrote:
    Id like to see a move where the character drops a 1 turn countdown tile that does a small amount of damage and multiplies into 2 when it goes off, for 3 consecutive turns.
    Or mabey a skill that destroys all special tiles.

It might be easier to set up and control of it was a countdown tile that started at 3 and with each tick did a little damage and created a new tile at the same countdown. So you have one 3 turn then 2 2 turns and finally 4 1 turns. Total of 7 hits. If you managed to up the countdown (covers or another skill) to say a 4 to start you would end up with 8 1 turn tiles. Total of 15 hits.

sounds like a fun potential skill. The question is which characters power set would match that mechanic