Deadpool Deadly Quest

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I was thinking that we could have a version of Deadpool Daily Quest that rewards a 4* (and obviously, requires that 4*) rotating through 4* covers like DDQ does with 3* covers. It would also have more difficult challenges overall, but also better rewards, like HP. We could have one each end of a DDQ "week" (5 days) so it wouldn't be so frequent as to trivialise 4* acquisition. Thoughts?

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like 4*s are being added to the daily quest in some fashion this summer (though it seems more likely that they will be added as token rewards via "vaulting," however that ends up working, rather than as a separate reward node).

Overall, the rate of 4* distribution is still way too low given the number of 4*s in the game (honestly, the rate was truly absurd prior to the recent pvp scoring changes that made 1k a bit easier).

A chance at 1 cover per pvp every couple days via a very hard progression (or a 1 of 500 finish) works ok when there are only one or two 4* trophies. I think we have 11 now (counting carnage), so there is no way they can continue to be as hard to acquire as they currently are. I would expect the release-event pve placement rewards to ease up a bit too this summer.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    If they do add 4*, I'd like it to be a week long progression. Make an extra task in DDQ that has to be completed. Once you hit the 7th day, reward.
  • Hey guys, there's some interesting news in this months Q&A video:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30494

[4*'s coming into rotation.]
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think the video said they were going into rotation, just that they would be available - lots of folks guessing the "vault" idea will include 4*'s.

There have been a couple rounds of 4* ideas in DDQ, but they all have their issues. Should it be much more difficult? DDQ is somewhat difficult for 2*'s to get but not at all for 3*'s: how difficult should it be? Should you have to have the character to get the character, like you do for 3*'s?

Most of the versions I've liked are possibly similar to the vaulting idea - amount of tacos (chimichangas?) gets you the 4*. Maybe each time you clear DDQ you get a Chimi, and you can turn in five/seven of those (one round/one week) for a 4*? Some suggested versions lock it into a specific week and others point out that means if you miss one round you miss the 4* - so any given 5/7 would be much better than specific 5/7.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I brought up the suggestion in a post a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24080

Even if a four star is rewarded weekly, it will take over a year for anyone to max out those 4*'s by the weekly alone. Its necessary the 4* transition occur.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    wirius wrote:
    I brought up the suggestion in a post a while back.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24080

Even if a four star is rewarded weekly, it will take over a year for anyone to max out those 4*'s by the weekly alone. Its necessary the 4* transition occur.

Exactly. I am positive that a weekly 4* wouldn't dilute much the difficulty of acquisition. Top players may get one every 2.5 days in PVP, for example.