Possible Rogue Power?

Options
dfields3710
dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
So if they do decide to make her which should make her the best character 4*(possibly 5*???) in the game. I thought of this power she could have. It is a passive that allows her to summon a protect, attack, strike, or even an invisibility tile. It works much like IF and Luke Cage passives. It happens at random and the power reactivate when you destroy the special tile placing another random one down in a random spot. Just one of her special tiles can be down at a time.

Passive

Rogue has so many powers, when she battles, her opponent does not know what she might do next. At the beginning of the turn Rogue places at random a 60 attack, 60 protect, 60 strike or invisibily tile to hide herself from damage.

Lvl 2 Rogue places a 120 attack, 120 protect, 120 strike or invisibility tile.
Lvl 3 Rogue places a 180 attack, 180 protect, 180 strike or invisibility tile.
Lvl 4 Rogue places a 240 attack, 240 protect, 240 strike or invisibility tile.
Max Level/Lvl 5 Rogue places a 360 attack, 360 protect, 360 strike or invisibility tile.

Now I know it may seem a little OP but let's face it...that is something she would do in a fight use every ability she has access to right. But its just a suggestion.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I would instead do an 'Absorption Tile' which does a thing 2 turns in a row (yours and the AI's) similar to what you have there. Then on your next turn it becomes another thing. Basically she can be Cage/IF/Prof X/Whoever does guarenteed Strike Tile all in 1.

There is no way you can have a passive that makes a tile every turn for nothing. Or if you did, it would be way way weaker than, say, Daken's strength tile. <50 at 5 covers. If what you meant was "undestroyable tile of type X" like Cage/Iron Fist have, that would be cool, and is what I would call an 'Absorption Tile'. Guarantees it's own existence on your turn, but only 1 allowed, then you could be the strengths you want there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If you like this kind of stuff check out the Speculation and Concepts forum under Character Discussion

viewforum.php?style=1&f=21
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like something like this

Absorb Power 11 greenflag.png
    5 Covers: Rogue touches an opponent to absorb his Powers. Pick an opponent and cast one of his powers. Stuns target for 1 turn and Rogue for 1 turn.

With lower levels the stun part could be longer for Rogue and/or the ap to use an opponents power could be limited.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Active Absorption - greenflag.png 2 AP
    Places a 5-turn green countdown tile; while active, her green power becomes a copy of a random power from one of the enemy team. The power's AP cost and effect is the same as that of the enemy team member.

(I wanted to hint at her relationship with Mystique by making this power dependent on a CD, like Mystique's Shapeshift. Otherwise, the actual mechanics are borrowed straight from the Vision's Density powers. Not sure whether I'd want the "absorbed" power to keep the enemy's level (so Rogue gets a level 166 character's powers at level 166 regardless of her own level), have them match her level, or treat them like Team-Ups and apply that scaling. Also, there would need to be a list of powers that will never be copied - self-damage ones, for example.)

Passive Absorption - blackflag.png PASSIVE
    At the end of every turn, and if the team has at least 5 Black AP, Rogue's black power becomes a copy of a random passive power from one of the enemy team.

(The only way to improve it by level would be to decrease the initial Black AP "cost" - which I admit is stolen from Falcon's blue. And I've just realised that you could "roulette" the enemy passives until you got one you wanted to keep, then spend all your Black AP so that she'd keep it for good - maybe fix it so it reverts to nothing if you don't have the 5 Black. I was considering a secondary effect for when the enemy team has no passive abilities - probably just a generic AP steal or suppression.)

Marvel Punch Quest - yellowflag.png 8 AP
    Rogue uses Ms. Marvel's super-strength to punch out her enemies. Does (whatever) damage.

(I figured she needed a straight damage move to showcase her innate Ms. Marvel powers. Does this make her a bit like She-Hulk? Also, the name is obviously a pun and not final... icon_e_smile.gif )

So that's my idea of Rogue. What do you think?