20 minutes health pack recharge

enigo me
enigo me Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
with pve, pvp, simulator, ddq we need a faster recharge on health packs.

Comments

• PLBIV
    PLBIV Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Yes!! This needs to happen. The HP need to come in line with actual rate of game play. You wipe your team out, that's a 1 hour penalty. That's fair.
  • areyes81
    areyes81 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Yes Yes Yes. It's ridiculous and with all the events happening at once, the increase (from the looks of it) in scaling for PVE and the matchmaking changes in PVP, health pack recharge should be change. I also think toons should heal faster as well. There are times where it seems like a toon takes longer than 8 hours to self heal.

Not to mention, you guys are releasing new characters it seems like every other week which means grinding through toons at a larger rate. Need to offset all this with fast health recharge.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the recharge rate is ok but then I like to mix my teams up, I don't use the same character or team combinations over and over. Perhaps you need to diversify your rost and use different teams as one solution? Otherwise you can buy health packs if you really need them (I wouldn't myself though at the current hero point cost). If I were D3 I would make health packs cheaper to buy with hero points for people who don't feel they recharge fast enough or better yet simply charge a nickel or dime per health pack. I bet you would have tons of more people buying health packs if the transaction price was very small, which could add up to another revenue stream. I know I would be like a nickel per, you bet I would pay that to buy two or three health packs if I get could get another shot. There is no monetary incentive for them to reduce the charge time in between health packs as far as I can tell. A couple of nickels per day per player would help get them to $1 per day per player. I may be wrong but I imagine that health packs are one of their smallest income generators compared to covers, roster slots, and iso-8. You must also keep in mind that reducing the recharge rate or increasing the opportunity for health packs will greatly impact the rate of scores across the board so they would have to readjust their models and rewards would simply require more points most likely.

D3 would also have to cap how many packs could be bought by each account at like 5 or 10 per day whatever they feel is reasonable without totally upsetting game play balance. You would also need a maximum health pack limit (maybe there already is?) of like 15 or 20 for example. You obviously don't want someone buying and storing health packs forever and then just automatically winning an event.