{PvP} Posted available points not being earned

Philly79
Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
So as the title suggests...I was playing Most Wanted PvP yesterday and working towards 4k for the 10-pack. I was working right along and picked a match (not revenge) for 51 points, I entered and won only to be rewarded with 17 points. I thought at first I may have confused it with another node, as far as the points went, so did not think too much about it...until it happened again, 37 points available - rewarded with 10...and again 42 points available - rewarded with 14.

I have not seen anyone else reporting this issue so I am not sure if it is something that I missed or what. I know they tweeked the point structure with one of the recent updates to stop people from boosting points but this just seemed to start out of nowhere during Most Wanted. I have not started SQG's PvP yet but will report when I do.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    The points you get from a fight depends on the current score of you opponent, at the time of winning your fight.

Points shown on the battle selection screen are NOT UPDATED, so the points you see may be off. If you havent played or skipped those nodes for hours, it is "guaranteed" to offer different than expected points.

To avoid this, you better skip opponents before the fight multiple times.
  • Philly79
    thanks for the info but these were fresh matches that it was happening to. I had played a few then the next match offered in the same node said it was worth x points buy I received y points.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    cynder9792 wrote:
    thanks for the info but these were fresh matches that it was happening to. I had played a few then the next match offered in the same node said it was worth x points buy I received y points.

Probably your opponent got hit (hard) while you also fought him...
  • Philly79
    Ah that would make sense...3 or 4 ppl going for that same 50 points and whoever finished first got the bigger chunk? Seems feasible.
  • I actually mentioned this in the suggestions thread because I think there should be a timer that gauntness you the points for a certain amount of time.

PVP Point System...
  • Philly79
    I actually mentioned this in the suggestions thread because I think there should be a timer that gauntness you the points for a certain amount of time.

PVP Point System...

Agreed....
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    Same here
    How frustrating after a hard battle!
    For example got 17 pts and should have got 51!
    And all nodes are refreshed before the battle...
    BUG!
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, this is ridiculous, skipped fights until I had 40+ point fight lined up and wound up getting 13 points, went to another 40+ fight got 17 points, went to another 40+ point battle got the right points but got attacked for minus 56 points during that fight, I was trying to go from 930 points to 1k of course now I had to put up another shield without getting to 1k, this isn't right
  • Philly79
    I feel your pain guys, it is such a let down when you are grinding along like "okay I only need two more 40 point matches to get to x reward" and slap! I see explanations on here like the server needs time to refresh, etc...but it does not change the fact that it is **** and needs to be fixed..and I cannot even trust that because when it happened to me, I had skipped a node, found one worth the points I needed and entered. Once you select a battle it should lock to you unless you back out, you should not lose it if you take an extra few seconds to decide on boosts & TU's. That really sucks being so close to the 1k too man, I feel for ya....