Is there a fair way to resolve R 77.0 issues?

Doc L
Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I was thinking about this last night, as I was finally able to play a little thanks to the updated R 77.1 patch on iOS. First, I think many people would have thought perhaps no-one was working on it over the weekend, so to get that patch yesterday, shows they were trying to fix it, even if not everyone's issues are resolved. I know at least one friend who is still having crashing issues on Android for example.

Is there any way that the majority, maybe even 80 % of the MPQ population could be appeased? The traditional route for compensation as far as I can see has always been tokens, plus the DDQ covers people have missed for those days they missed from the outages in the past. Of course, for me, losing 3 days of a 7 day PVE means I'm completely stuffed for getting Carnage (I joined on Day 1, not realising there were issues, so am down in around 800th position currently, seems 200 people also had issues...). So with a less than 1% chance of puling Carnage from a pack, given I hit top 50 pretty much every PVE and have gotten every new character in his or her PVE introduction since I can't even remember when (maybe Doctor Octopus, as it was pre-time shards? Or even before him), that would be somewhat upsetting. Then again, I appreciate giving everyone who couldn't even finish a single match a Carnage cover would upset anyone who has been able to play, as no doubt the majority of players who were unable to play were casual players anyway, who would finish pretty low down anyway, plus the fact for this one, we wouldn't have to go through multiple clears of 8 hours over 7 days to get it, a much, much easier task. Discussions on losing out on PVP for Bullseye and RnG are also valid, and play out in a similar fashion to PVE, albeit without the introduction of a new 4* character, and the inclusion of season points, crucial for end of season rewards and progression.

So what is good compensation? Can the majority be appeased? I think a good compromise would be to give out tokens, iso, Hp and DDQ covers that people have missed to those people that could not play, then simply make the next PVE better in two ways - i) no essential Carnage missions, but he can be massively buffed for anyone who earnt him, so they get some bonus/advantage in that respect and ii) progression Carnage, set high. I know this almost certainly won't happen, but maybe it could be a middle course, to not upset too many people, if that is at all possible.

Comments

• Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    I think they should give everyone a t50 Carnage cover and 1000 HP to roster him. Anyone who got to play and earned him still have the advantage plus they will get the free roster spot and most likely some left over HP for whatever.
  • Short answer?

With another dev team or game, yes, and it would likely happen. With this game, sure, there are some fairly obvious resolutions, but they're not likely to happen. I would love to be proven wrong, but if precedent means anything, I won't.

When you consider how cheap digital items like covers are on the devs' end, fair compensation seems relatively simple, but alas, time and time again we get an uneven spread of tokens (100-250 ISO in a tidy package) or even nothing.

We'll see, but yeah. I wouldn't start holding your breath for "fair." Not with MPQ.

DBC
  • D3 won't resolve anything since with the new update "it'll never happen again" according to their philosophy icon_evil.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvP and PvE should have gone offline until the bug was fixed. Given that that didn't happen, short of a rollback there's no way to make it right.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    give dakken a shirt and i be happy. tired of looking at the dude with no shirt on.

really though nothing will be done. there is nothing that can be done.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    PvP and PvE should have gone offline until the bug was fixed. Given that that didn't happen, short of a rollback there's no way to make it right.

A rollback would be quite messing up the people who weren't affected by the bug and played the event...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

A rollback would be quite messing up the people who weren't affected by the bug and played the event...

People who weren't affected by the bug were (and are, in PvE) "competing" against iPhone/iPad owners who were in brackets but couldn't actually play the game. Any event with a leaderboard was tainted by this nonsense.
  • Run the event again at the conclusion of the first one. Make Carnage reward for t150 individual and alliance for both events. I think people are getting a little crazy with what they think they are "owed". It's online gaming, there will be bugs. It's not like D3 spit on your mothers.
  • Quarg321 wrote:
    Run the event again at the conclusion of the first one. Make Carnage reward for t150 individual and alliance for both events. I think people are getting a little crazy with what they think they are "owed". It's online gaming, there will be bugs. It's not like D3 spit on your mothers.
    d3 hasn't compensated me for combined arms yet, that's pretty close