250HP now Gold? / Game switching characters?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
(Double topic, as to not "flood" the board.)

Within the Taco Tokens, the 250 HP is now a gold reward. Did this just happen in this update?

Is it just me, or does the game now sometimes randomly switch in different characters that you wanted to enter into the match with? Or, after a battle, show different characters than you just fought with on the character select screen?

Comments

• I've had this problem as well, but I thought it was just my imagination. I'd see the characters I selected on the select screen, but a different character would show up in match.

And it'd usually be a character from the bottom of my roster, under leveled and undercovered, with zero synergy with everyone else (i.e. not one I'd recently used), and usually at the end of a sub or event at a time when you can't afford to lose.

I've also had a problem with match 5-s that it'll sometimes ignore my swipe and instead do a non-5 match (sometimes swapping tiles vertically even though I swiped horizontally or the reverse). I've gotten around this latter one by doing the tile click thing manually instead of swiping for match 5-s. Still, game bugs like this are pretty frustrating. It's possible the latter issue is a problem with my phone digitizer though, and not the game. Though I haven't had that problem in any other apps.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    (Double topic, as to not "flood" the board.)

Within the Taco Tokens, the 250 HP is now a gold reward. Did this just happen in this update?

Is it just me, or does the game now sometimes randomly switch in different characters that you wanted to enter into the match with? Or, after a battle, show different characters than you just fought with on the character select screen?

#1 this has been ever since DPDQ maybe just the first time you noticed.

#2 yes. I think it is a little bug. I had 4Thor pop into my team when I had not used her at all. It happened in PVE when I went into a node that had Daken and I had been using him. Usually the game loads the last player used, but now it is loading players at random.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

I noticed this as a change as well, but it was always there, just at the bottom of the 3* characters list and now it's been moved up to be under the larger amount.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

#2 yes. I think it is a little bug. I had 4Thor pop into my team when I had not used her at all. It happened in PVE when I went into a node that had Daken and I had been using him. Usually the game loads the last player used, but now it is loading players at random.

The odds haven't changed but it used to be considered a silver reward.

I've noticed that Elektra is showing up on my teams a lot. On the essential nodes my characters keep switching randomly too, I've taken heavy damage a few times when the game decided to toggle between my 5/4/4 166 IM40 and my 1/1/1 40 IM40. I've been forced to double check every match to make sure I have the proper one.
  • TLCstormz
    dkffiv wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

The odds haven't changed but it used to be considered a silver reward.

Yes, this is what I was referring to.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I thought this was just me. I thought I had somehow hit the wrong thing.

Also, when I have multiple copies of characters, it likes to put the worse one in.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Getting a similar bug in deadpools. Just before finishing the second wave the third goon wave pops up and then it switches back to the wave I am actually fighting.

Meh, only ever got 250 HP from deadpool the once but it was definitely silver and came as a nice surprise. Seeing silver and getting something cool was a pleasant change.
  • mr_X wrote:
    Getting a similar bug in deadpools. Just before finishing the second wave the third goon wave pops up and then it switches back to the wave I am actually fighting.

Meh, only ever got 250 HP from deadpool the once but it was definitely silver and came as a nice surprise. Seeing silver and getting something cool was a pleasant change.

I've noticed this as well, but I'm not positive whether it's always the third wave or random characters, as I never paid that close attention (didn't seem to affect anything). But given the other glitches, it might be worth paying more careful attention to.
  • UncleSmed
    UncleSmed Posts: 75
    TLCstormz wrote:

Quite disappointed at this change, and yes it's been a change in the last update.
    I think while the prize itself might be a three star level reward, the devs need to understand how motivating and what an moment of pleasant surprise it was to see a silver back two star turn out to be something worthwhile for those in the Transitioning, 3* solid, 3-4 Transitioning and 4 star phases.

I know they're just trying to be accurate, but it's turned out to be demotivating.
    As a 2-3* transitioner deep into transition (10 3*'s fully covered, 21 3*'s being sat on level 120 before the big push and 39 of 53 roster slots taken up by 3* characters), it's meant that gold no longer means one of 15 possible covers.. it might just mean some coins. Son, I am disappoint.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with UncleSmed, but for different reasons - when the 250HP reward was silver, there was always a *slight* chance that your frown would be turned upside down by the fact that your silver taco turned out to be a tasty, tasty 250 HP instead of your 526,329th Moonstone Red or 127,348th ** Captain America yellow.
  • TLCstormz
    And on the opposite end of the spectrum, Gold to me is supposed to mean OMG, I AM NOW ONE STEP CLOSER TO NOT SUCKING AT THIS GAME, WITH THIS NEW COVER............and then it ends up being *just some HP. lol

* = for me, someone who bought a lot of HP during the last sale and ended up not spending ANY of it so far, that HP is nowhere near as important as many of the covers are. I know how valuable HP is, it's just not crucial to me anymore.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I kept having Devil Dino show up in my line up when I would click on a node. I've never played with Devil Dino as he is way undercovered.