The influx of goons in revamped missions is insulting

13»

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    In the infinite wisdom of Professor Farnsworth, I can comfortably say:

kkj8j5tmwk4wibl9lvrd.jpg

Soon we'll have lvl 395 Carnage + Goon nodes. For 7 AP, he'll wipe your whole roster.

I think they should do Kishu, Sentry, and Carnage. It's a brand new way to die to a red power every game!

Lieutenant would be worse than Kishu. Every CD creation creates ~400 worth of attack tiles and they'll just heal it back up.
  • dkffiv wrote:

Lieutenant would be worse than Kishu. Every CD creation creates ~400 worth of attack tiles and they'll just heal it back up.

I'm sure people can come up with more powerful combos. I was just going for 3 random red power of doom here for variety.
  • In the infinite wisdom of Professor Farnsworth, I can comfortably say:

kkj8j5tmwk4wibl9lvrd.jpg

Soon we'll have lvl 395 Carnage + Goon nodes. For 7 AP, he'll wipe your whole roster.
    Hulk bomb. Auto win vs any carnage node.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    I doubt a hulk would survive long enough to hulk bomb anything. a 395 Carnage would be AOE hitting the team for what, 7K damage for 7 red?
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Clintman wrote:
    I doubt a hulk would survive long enough to hulk bomb anything. a 395 Carnage would be AOE hitting the team for what, 7K damage for 7 red?

Ahh, now I see the writing on the wall... coming soon in the R78 patch - Damage Reduction boosts! Only 200 HP for a matched set of 5 - act now and secure yours today!
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Phantron wrote:
    The guys saying "I do fine clearing to 1" is like saying "I win money in Las Vegas playing slot machine so I don't know what you're doing wrong". Someone has to be lucky but that's not a long term sustainable strategy.
    Blah blah blah lots of words, truncated.

If I had said "I beat that node once, it was no problem." Your slot machine comparison would have made sense. The fact that I ground it down to 1 suggests that maybe I didn't just get lucky. A more apt analogy would have been poker, or do you watch the WSOP and think "boy those professional poker players sure are lucky to keep winning every year." Of course chance is a factor but strategy plays a part as well.

From your previous posts it read like you ruled out using falcon. If that was the case then you made a mistake and it wasn't some inherent flaw in the game. If you didn't use the best tool in the game for dealing with cd tiles and want to complain about that node, I can't help you.

You obviously are a student of the game, and spend/spent a lot of time thinking about it but you have picked a very odd battle to fight, there was nothing inherently unfair about that node, if you struggled with it you either had exceptionally bad boards or were doing something wrong.

Also don't think that I had easy scaling or some other thing going in my favor. I'm perennially a top five finisher in PVE and PvP competitively as well finishing well over 11k last season. I don't have an underdeveloped pve roster to cheat the scaling.
  • Clintman wrote:
    +1 all +2 g/b means you have to match green twice to start. And any skill carnage uses will give both you and him attack tiles - meaning he's double hitting your hulk and you're double hitting him back with all your strike tiles.
    Have you ever used hulk bomb regularly?
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    sc0ville wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    The guys saying "I do fine clearing to 1" is like saying "I win money in Las Vegas playing slot machine so I don't know what you're doing wrong". Someone has to be lucky but that's not a long term sustainable strategy.
    Blah blah blah lots of words, truncated.

If I had said "I beat that node once, it was no problem." Your slot machine comparison would have made sense. The fact that I ground it down to 1 suggests that maybe I didn't just get lucky. A more apt analogy would have been poker, or do you watch the WSOP and think "boy those professional poker players sure are lucky to keep winning every year." Of course chance is a factor but strategy plays a part as well.

From your previous posts it read like you ruled out using falcon. If that was the case then you made a mistake and it wasn't some inherent flaw in the game. If you didn't use the best tool in the game for dealing with cd tiles and want to complain about that node, I can't help you.

You obviously are a student of the game, and spend/spent a lot of time thinking about it but you have picked a very odd battle to fight, there was nothing inherently unfair about that node, if you struggled with it you either had exceptionally bad boards or were doing something wrong.

Also don't think that I had easy scaling or some other thing going in my favor. I'm perennially a top five finisher in PVE and PvP competitively as well finishing well over 11k last season. I don't have an underdeveloped pve roster to cheat the scaling.

I used Max Falcon and Max LCap, both renowned for their ability to deal with countdown tiles and could not match them away or disperse them quick enough. It only takes 2 or 3 of them to go off and you are seriously bollocksed. Also while concentrating on the countdown you are allowing usable ap for the ai to match to launch their powers.