Ridiculous ramp-up in PvE difficulty

13»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    throvolos wrote:
    Anyway, it just looks to me like you tried adopting the "the best team I can send are my three highest level characters"... that is sometimes going to work, but as you found out here, not always.

My roster:
    Nick Fury, lvl 160 (boosted), 1 cover (blue), starting Health 7781
    Iron Man, lvl 174 (boosted), 10covers (3red, 5blue, 2yellow), starting Health 10110
    Hulk, lvl 144 (boosted), 8covers (5 green, 1red, 2black), starting Health 9937

Nick Fury was required. I threw IM40 and Hulk in with him because
    1) IM40 could feed NF's blue
    2) Hulk can take a lot of dmg and is good at clearing the **** tokens on the board (if you get lucky)
    3) And, because they were both boosted.
    4) My Elektra was down (again), and many of my other characters were wounded
    5) I didn't have lower-level characters that can take more than 2-3 hits of 1500-2000 dmg per hit, which is what the the goons are doing (plus all their bonus cascades)

I never use Hulk's red, for the same reason: it sucks. I focused on the goons first because as you said, Daken heals himself. No point in hitting him until you can hit him for a lot.

While I agree that you have to tailor your team to what you're fighting against (one of the best things about this game is you actually have to think strategy), this was just one example of how much damage I took from what should have been an easy clear. It does have some to do with team composition, I completely agree. But it also has to do a great deal with the recent increase in PvE difficulty.

I find it odd that you didn't respond to my main complaint, which is the massive increase in difficulty in PvE. My example was just one of dozens where I go into a fight and come out with three heavily bruised and/or downed heroes. Repeats of the same nodes with different team compositions leads to the same outcome.

It CAN'T all be team composition. There are many other people complaining on this forum about the same issue.

1) A single cover on Nick Fury's blue is not something that you should be feeding.
    2) Hulk is not ideal for dealing with CD tiles.
    3) Again, team composition is more important than levels. I mean, look at what a group of level 90 somethings did to you.
    4) The only thing that makes Electra an option for that battle was the cheap Daken strike tiles for DDC, and possibly the ability to avoid damage with her black (if you have it).
    5) The point is that you don't have to take 2,000 damage CD tile hits if you actually bring in a party that is suitable to deal with them.

I mean, the scaling isn't bad in this battle, which is what a lot of people on the forum have been **** about. They are pissed off at the number of level 270 to 395 nodes that they are facing. That is very different from the complaints you were making in respect of the damage you took from a sub 100 node.

My comments on scaling are based on my own experiences. I haven't found scaling to be that bad, but I haven't pushed anything passed 166 yet. I find that even though the enemies have much higher levels, I'm also much better equipped to deal with them.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    wirius wrote:
    The idea that your leveled roster drastically affects scaling is a rumor that just won't die. Jamie Maddrox proved months ago actual levels affect your scaling very little. The majority of the effect is how you do.

He only proved, that having played 0 matches, the level of your roster did not matter.

I did not read anything in his post about tracking the level of characters and how they impacted scaling once even one match was played. Did I misread the post? Was he allowed to play any matches with it to see impact?

I saw what Jamie was allowed to show as taking advantage of him to be able to say "See, there is no scaling just from the roster." While hiding the fact that if even one match with a 270 would have been played, the scaling would have jumped dramatically.

So, "Your roster doesn't have any affect on scaling" might be a true statement, playing any PvE matches with higher level characters would directly affect scaling.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I thought this was about buffed moonstone, bullseye etc. and scaling.
    Cascades and luck isn't part of a "difficulty setting" imho.