strongly dislike new AP interface on mobile

loroku
loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I haven't played nearly as much recently, so I haven't really noticed the new AP interface - I mean, I saw it was changed, but I didn't realize the extent to which it is much worse than the old interface. With the old interface, when something changed about the enemy AP, you saw a little popup showing you the changes. Now, you get a slide-on from the side showing you the totals. This is sadly 100% worthless in telling us what actually changed. To this day I don't know what Fisk Defense does because I haven't looked it up, don't have the hero, and can't interpret what it does from the actions on screen. I only recently realized it must do something to my AP; I honestly thought it did nothing for at least a few weeks.

The continual issue here is that when you're on mobile you cannot tell what the enemy's AP are without swiping the screen (which you don't do every single time because that takes forever). Since I never know what they are, I sure don't understand how they've changed. Showing me what they are -now- doesn't help one bit, especially since the 1/2 second I see the screen - which I agree I wouldn't want more of - is far too short to actually even read the whole thing.

A possible solution is to have the "slide on" screen permanent on both sides. This would force me to slide or tap through to see who I was fighting at least once every battle - but I pretty much do that now anyway, and that's still less sliding than every single turn. The third position is already more or less invisible during normal play; why not go ahead and give me the information that is actually useful?

Similarly, once we have a permanent visible display of AP, it'd be great if each change on EACH side showed a 1/2 second "+3" in green and/or "-1" in red (except don't actually use green and red, obviously, since that's bad for color blind people) popup next to the bar to highlight changes. I could already see the changes, but this would highlight them. Or maybe, since you guys LOVE exploding shadows (try leveling someone from 40 to 100 and see how much you love exploding shadows after that), have each change make the number into an exploding shadow for that color/block, with a green / red background (except again, not green and red) to denote changes up or down.

These are just suggestions, but seriously ANYTHING would be better than what it is now, which is 100% obfuscation of the changes. Please, please, please go back to the drawing board on this and while you're at it revert the changes just like when you did the truely horrid pause mechanic.

Comments

• I'm surprised that we never had a sliding bar for the player ap. And yes, the old one for the enemy was way more useful.