More non-competitive play please

wirius
wirius Posts: 667
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm a vet who is tired of the pve and pvp grind. I hate having to grind the same nodes for days, or repeatedly climb through a ream of people and play whack a mole for a top finish.

Recently, I largely quit beyond some deadpool dailys until I saw the gauntlet had returned. I eagerly jumped in, and over 3 days, finished it satisfied and happy.

So why should D3 cater to me? Because at this point, I am a non-paying player. With competitive play as the majority of the game, I cannot justify buying more hp for the one thing I really spend it on, roster slots. I have 49 slots at this point and not enough hp to buy another. I have no incentive to buy more as I know I'm going to be Daily questing with the occasional gauntlet run. Either that, or I'll just quit entirely for greener pastures.

So, I'm not asking for a greater non-competitive focus for free stuff. I'm asking so I have a reason to continue to buy into your game and make you money. I'm hoping that others feel the same way. Expand that market D3!

Comments

• wirius wrote:
    I'm a vet who is tired of the pve and pvp grind. I hate having to grind the same nodes for days, or repeatedly climb through a ream of people and play whack a mole for a top finish.

Recently, I largely quit beyond some deadpool dailys until I saw the gauntlet had returned. I eagerly jumped in, and over 3 days, finished it satisfied and happy.

So why should D3 cater to me? Because at this point, I am a non-paying player. With competitive play as the majority of the game, I cannot justify buying more hp for the one thing I really spend it on, roster slots. I have 49 slots at this point and not enough hp to buy another. I have no incentive to buy more as I know I'm going to be Daily questing with the occasional gauntlet run. Either that, or I'll just quit entirely for greener pastures.

So, I'm not asking for a greater non-competitive focus for free stuff. I'm asking so I have a reason to continue to buy into your game and make you money. I'm hoping that others feel the same way. Expand that market D3!
    they took the "first 10 players" thing out from Gauntlet and just ran Gauntlet, what more do you want from D3?

It's not like they can create new PVE content, or a weekly/monthy 4*-Deadpool-and-or-Nick Fury-Cover-Quest, or achievements, or more Ultron like encounters that are actually puzzling. Or Guild-focused Content!

It's not like they create more story content. You know, you should just delete this post and buy cover packs.

And really, D3 is already doing what we want....running an old event for a new character!

You should be excited!

I mean, cmon. You're expecting too much from a company that still needs to provide non-Ultron compensation, just got bought by Sega, is doing Adventure Quest Puzzle time.

Can you HONESTLY say they're not doing an adequate job? icon_cool.gificon_e_wink.gif *kappa*
  • I also want to play some non-competitive modes. I LOVE Gauntlet and I would like to see some more games like that.

In terms of making money via this method, they could just not reward HP and release the newest covers.
    (Sorry players.)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i been here 7 months an about to close the door..

PVE scaling has gotten out of hand.. top people i have 88.. by the 4th nod on the map the AI is 160+ when there are like 9 nods.

PVP has been a joke now its Play and PAY. if you dont buy a shield for the last 3 hours your going to take it up the **** major and fall though the ranks like sit

MAKE ULTRON the new PVE let it be team mode instead of single mode anymore you do know some of your players have LIVES AND JOBS they cant be like these living in mommy and daddies basement all of their lives so they can play this stupid game 10 hours a day.
  • If you look at a site like Thinkgaming.com, you'll find that nothing in MPQ's revenue stream makes sense to us, and maybe not even to D3 themselves. Sure, you can identify some obvious increases like when there's a HP sale, Ultron event, or debut of DDQ. But otherwise, it's generally very consistent though recently trending downward and sometimes it shoots up for absolutely no reason anyone can fathom (no sales, no new characters or events). I've only bought some HP because I felt guilty for being a freeloader so long (and quickly regretted it), and it's not because HP is too expensive. I literally see no meaningful progression even if I bought 10 Stark Salaries now and while I have some disposable income I'm not exactly in the mood of spending money for no gain. The irony is that I have often contemplated buying stuff in other games I consider far worse than MPQ, because at least those games promise me that my money wil get some kind of tangible increase in power. Yes I know it's just a common trick and as soon as I buy something I'll find there are people who are even stronger, but at least I know that my immediate position is going to be improved if I buy something from even the worst ripoff games. In MPQ, I can only use 3 characters, and scaling seems to immediately undo any possible advantage you can obtain via roster. In PvP, spending thousands of dollars on roster is pretty much insignificant compared to spending a relatively small amount of money on boosts/shields, so why waste money?

So I don't think D3 cares about these suggestions not because they don't like certain type of players, but that they don't even have a good plan on how to monetize thing. It seems to me some kind of permanent one-time fee persistent content is literally a no brainer, like say each month you can offer this month's Gauntlet for 1000 HP with the 3 3* + 1 4* structure and having a whole month to do it should ensure they're completeable, but of course we don't actually have such things. For that matter, I'm still mystified how D3 thinks rerunning the same event 25 times is somehow going to increase spending on this game too.