This game changed too much for me

dfields3710
dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
First let me start off by saying this not a rant or a rage quit.

I remembered when I started MPQ in early November. My brother introduced me into this game. I made it my goal in this game to have a better roster than him and I'm still sticking to that goal. But since I have been playing I have been hating these new changes. I have officially set a goal reach the heroic 10 pack then do nothing but DDQ and PvE for the remainder of the season. I use to be a PvP addict but now it has just gotten unbearable. I will explain why in a little bit. I used to wake up every morning play MPQ to my healthpacks ran out and usually played to every character is either dead or near death. I never even used to let my health packs fully recover but now I just look at the notifications I get on the top of my screen and mostly ignore it. I now wait to its says "your team is fully recovered" before i play the game. I'm just tired, honestly I'm just barely holding on to this game. I used to play this game more than I played my xbox(literally) and it is my only game I have on my phone. Now im starting to play yugioh more and more everyday. But here are the reasons why this game disappoint me now:

Shield cooldowns- why, to stop shield hopping. People still do it and it actually seems like a good money maker.

Slower gameplay- why make it slower? It was fun being fast paced, fast played, and helped generate health pack revenue.

Health boosts- as a guy with all *under covered but leveled characters it gets annoying tryna take down a character that has had a 500+ to 2000+ health boosts. Leading to longer matches, more health packs used, less gameplay and annoyance.

Cascades- I'm really sick of denying powerful character colors only to have the game give it to them in forms of multiple 5 match cascades. leading to more health lose, more health packs used, less gameplay and annoyance.

Ultron anything- I hated the ultron event I mean hated it. Ultron grow health, do more damage, spam bomb, deplete health and repeat. The sentries were annoying multiple powers a turn leading to more health lose and you get the rest.

Defensive win point dectease/Win point increase- so because people found out how to use defensive wins to their advantage you punish everybody. Yeahhhh, no. I don't know how my team beat them could of been lucky cascades or facing underleveled rosters. Don't know, don't care but getting +2 to +10 points back is annoying when you are losing -20 to -50 points per person. Literally lost T100 getting RnG cause 3 people hit me causing me to lose 150 and ending 191. So stupid. I know it helps obtain progression rewards and/or 3* to 4* transition. But its making my life as 2* to 3* transitioner painful. I only see people with at least 1 or 2 usuable 3* in top 100 now(seriously). DDQ is awesome but what if you don't have that character and didn't pull him/her/it with taco tokens. What do you do then?

Nerfs- just can't explain how overboard nerfs go... Can't stop at still being usuable instead you go an turn them into trash to make it fair?!! 4* should be able to demolish a 3*, not get beaten by one at all. There's a difference in stopping them from being used so much and making them unusuable.

Balancing- why are we making things easier for newer players? Whales and vets should have a way better time than noobs. I mean I spent at least $70 on this game and I know I should have a better time than someone who started several weeks ago. But hey what ever floats your cash register.

In app purchases- why... just why. For a free to play game, you really are starting to make it a pay to progress game. I know y'all have bills to pay. But making a slot cost 1000+ is ridiculous.

To me its like y'all are trying to have a perfect game. People will always find loopholes and other advantages to use to get better scoresultsresults...get over it. It happens on almost every game.

That's about it. I do love some things though. DDQ, Ultron event idea, and Prodigial Sun Event.

Just wanna say this is not a rage quit or rant. Just tired and disappointed that's all.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    We lost a few and a few (myself included) are still shell-shocked with how fast the game changed. From the nerfs of the top tier XF/GT to the increased health of most characters to the boosted characters in PVP to two (three?) mmr changes to the increased PVP points - that all happened in the span of two or three seasons? Unreal.

It was all so fast I don't remember if the PVE scaling was consistently bad or if it has gotten worse.