How are you doing it??!? -pvp top alliances scores-

bdksni1
bdksni1 Posts: 103
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
After the latest changes it's clear top alliances found a way to "game" the system. I'm not against it, actually it's quite the opposite icon_e_smile.gif
I'm sure ths is the next best kept secret so (much like Fight Club's 1st rule) no one talks about it but come on we're falling behind -placement-wise - even faster than before lol
Again i say i'm not complaining but given the fact that, perhaps sooner than everyone is expecting, progression rewards will be raised i just wanted to get in the same page you guys are.
By the way those are remarkable scores, that must demand a lot of coordination congrats.
I hope i'm not dissing anybody i really just want to step up my game.
Thanks

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    The top alliances have been using out of game communication to coordinate shield hops for some time now (joining the same slice, and then ensuring that everyone queues each other while unshielded, but only attacks when shielded). This way they can have high value targets all the way up to 1k and beyond.

Since the recent scoring changes did nothing to mitigate the effect of this coordination, and increased node value by 50% across the board, it was clear from the beginning that the top pvp scores would go up significantly.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    We took T25 (first time ever) with no out-of-game communication, so I don't know about fight club and I'll tell you what I know. ~800 was the lowest score in the alliance, most wanted the blue 4hor and at least 17 hit and shielded at 1K. Points are easy to get now: I would rarely get 800 before this season and I've hit that each PVP this season. Almost everyone has many high-level characters, so we probably are all fielding a team that was all level 200+.

The key is going a bit early and using at least an 8 hour shield, probably hop once and do 8+3 (or more). Previously you wanted to go early and find your team-mates since very few others were worth points. Now you can find 30 point matches all the way to 1K after 24 hours, a few of our late pushers went to 800-1,000 with no retaliations and no hops.

We tested no shields in the first PVP and barely squeaked out a T100. It's easy to get points, but now it's super easy to lose them - if you didn't view shields as mandatory before, they absolutely are now.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    We tested no shields in the first PVP and barely squeaked out a T100. It's easy to get points, but now it's super easy to lose them - if you didn't view shields as mandatory before, they absolutely are now.

(emphasis above mine)
    I would love to hear from a DEV if this was an intended or unintended consequence of the latest changes. I don't really expect them to discuss their business plans on a Q&A session or forum, but it would be nice to be treated like adults and we could understand where they are concentrating changes to effect their revenue stream. I'm not against them making money, but I'd like to understand how I need to change my play (and pay if necessary) to compete. In short, show us a vision, yo. This goes to my ongoing suspicion that Cover pack purchase revenue per player is down with the introduction of DDQ (why else would they increase the 3* pull rate of the non taco tokens after all...), and D3 is pushing for more changes to increase revenue per person in other areas (roster slots, health packs, shields, etc).
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    So PvP is now even more pay to win than it was before?
  • bdksni1
    Don't get me wrong but i don't buy that 3-8... hops only are sustaining those scores. I'm a (proud) commander of a top 25-50 alliance so i know how far one can ride that horse..
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:

No, it's less pay to win. Join late, hit 55 to 75 point targets all the way to 1k+. Then decide to shield or just fall after hitting progression. Simple.
  • bdksni1 wrote:
    After the latest changes it's clear top alliances found a way to "game" the system. I'm not against it, actually it's quite the opposite icon_e_smile.gif
    I'm sure ths is the next best kept secret so (much like Fight Club's 1st rule) no one talks about it but come on we're falling behind -placement-wise - even faster than before lol
    Again i say i'm not complaining but given the fact that, perhaps sooner than everyone is expecting, progression rewards will be raised i just wanted to get in the same page you guys are.
    By the way those are remarkable scores, that must demand a lot of coordination congrats.
    I hope i'm not dissing anybody i really just want to step up my game.
    Thanks

Right now, my alliance is sitting at 38th spot for the season & 26th in Stay on Target. There is no trick to this unfortunately. For starters, we have a whale who has no problem hitting 1300-1500 in every pvp. That right there is making the biggest difference. The other big thing is to play the Simulator, a lot. Right now my season score is 3471, which is 3 pvp rounds at about 800 pts. each, and 1000 pts. in Simulator. Last of all, you need a team who can consistently hit at least 600 (but around 800 is better) in every pvp. I'd say you need a stable team as well, but lately we've been going through teammates like water through a sieve since they have a hard time keeping up.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Linkster79 wrote:

No, it's less pay to win. Join late, hit 55 to 75 point targets all the way to 1k+. Then decide to shield or just fall after hitting progression. Simple.

When you say join late...how late to join because I join first slice, start as soon as the event open, get attacked a lot then find myself struggling to get T100 and I really need help on this PvP to get Rocket and Groot.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:

When you say join late...how late to join because I join first slice, start as soon as the event open, get attacked a lot then find myself struggling to get T100 and I really need help on this PvP to get Rocket and Groot.
    You need a top tier roster to join late and be able to beat those 70 point targets.

@Topic
    There is a world of difference between a T25 and a T10 alliance.
    The top guys in t10 alliances can burn through 2K HP in shields per pvp.
    There's no secret to those scores - they are just willing to use more shields than most of us.

And of course communication & coordination, but we have that in the joint BCs too.
  • SnowcaTT
    I hit 1000 last time using a 3 hour shield with 944 points 10 hours remaining, then an 8 hour shield with seven hours remaining - it only took two quick matches to cross that 1000 thresh-hold. The only reason I even went for it was because I was so close already - I had never shield hopped or hit 1K before, that was the third 8 hour shield I've ever used. Several others told me they also did it with only two shields.

Another necessity will be to have two of the boosted characters high level as well as the main, it's pretty easy to run through non-boosted 166's with those and all 200+ is likely skipped more than 240/166/166

I think the key is to go earlier, but also it is easier to go earlier: that was always the case before also, since everyone is pushing (can't wait for anyone to shield) at the end. With 36 hours remaining I hit 800 today and sat to see where I would fall to (~600): I was never able to get above 600 with that much time remaining because when I got there, all I could find was 15 point nodes - to slow of a climb. If you want to keep those points early you'd have to shield more times, but you can get them back later much more quickly as well.

-One strategy I've seen employed is high rosters have zoomed up early, and intentionally thrown weak teams out there. The next day retributions will probably be worth more than listed (since that person has now accumulated a bunch more points), and you can get easy matchups if folks didn't check and took an easy roster against that easy roster.
  • SnowcaTT
    Bowgentle wrote:
    There's no secret to those scores - they are just willing to use more shields than most of us.

And of course communication & coordination, but we have that in the joint BCs too.

Yep, if you look at the T10 they aren't 1K scores at the top - it's 2K scores, and it's a bunch of them. The only way that is happening is lots of shields, and lots of out of game communication.

Multiple alliances (so 100 or so other top people are intentionally missing you) certainly don't hurt.
  • bdksni1
    Bowgentle wrote:

Exactly my point.
    Before the changes i would fall behind most of those guys by 200-300points, now the gap is 1000+ between me and them.
    I'm scoring +100-200points with the same gameplay i always use while they are scoring 1000+! Something must have changed..
    Remember the scores from op pay harder? See the resemblance?
    Certainly doesn't feel the same as before..
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just play casually~ That's what I do. icon_e_biggrin.gif Top 25 alliance normally. (I'm also the weakest member on the team)
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    bdksni1 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Exactly my point.
    Before the changes i would fall behind most of those guys by 200-300points, now the gap is 1000+ between me and them.
    I'm scoring +100-200points with the same gameplay i always use while they are scoring 1000+! Something must have changed..
    Remember the scores from op pay harder? See the resemblance?
    Certainly doesn't feel the same as before..
    I dont think the math is all that hard really. Let's say before the points change these guys were using their first shield around 600 points. Now there's 50% more points to be had! They can climb up to 8-900 before shielding. From 600 they were finishing with scores around 13-1400 , that's 7-800 points from hops. Now that matches are worth 50% more they can get 1050-1200 in hops. Add it all up and voila, 1850-2100 points. Doesn't seem like anything out of the ordinary to me, just efficient hopping by queueing only high point teammates and hitting each other while they're shielded.
  • Jurippe
    Jurippe Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Hmmm, ever since the start of XV, I typically will play on the first day. You can grind as much as you want without shielding. If I play all five healthpacks and stop, within the day I'll usually be sitting at 800+.

Then the next morning, I'll quickly hit 1k and shield.

However, it's not exactly cheap. I'll usually blow a 3 and an 8 just to get to 1k. Then I have to blow a few more to keep people from hitting me the next one and a half days. I think I should spend more time thinking on how to conserve money.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    During Fly Fight Win I hit 1356 during my initial climb then hopped to 1396 doing a single match (finishing 4th in my bracket). No out of game communication. No health packs bought.

Starting late has always been my strategy, now it is just more lucrative.
  • bdksni1
    I usually get to 1k without any shields, it's after 1k that scares me as incoming hits increase by a mile.
    Maybe i'm just playing it too safe.
    Thank you all for the answers they were very helpful
  • acescracked
    Linkster79 wrote:

I time my final "go as high as I can" push just before the last 8 hours. This final push happens after I've been sitting unshielded around 600 to 700 points. Climb to at least 1k hopefully more depending on how my matches go, how many packs I burned through, how many times I'm hit, etc. Then shield for 8 hours. Depending on what happens I'm either done for the event or do two more matches with 3 or less hours and shield out using a 3 hour. A lot of players even start their final climb at the 3 hour mark and only use a single 3 hr shield.

If I want top 5 then there is a different strategy which does require starting sooner and burning most likely 3-8-3-and sometimes another 8 hr shields. But hey, its top 5 it should require more effort. For top 5 I find a quieter time slice, for the just climb 1k+ goto a slice with all the high point crazies.

When you join a bracket doesn't really matter. It's when you start your final climb. Let everyone else do the heavy lifting and you climb as late as possible. If you climb the first day all you are doing is giving late(r) climbers a target. Think about it. If your roster is not as developed then you might have to start at the 11 hour mark and burn two shields to get 1k.

Anyway, give it a try and do a late start and see how it goes for you.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Linkster79 wrote:

jump last 2 hours . hope you get a fresh bracket.. Play those 2 hours up to 800 and then hope you dont get pounded in last 5 mins. (or buy yourself a sheild )

they need a NEW 1 HOUR SHEILD for 25 coins...

waits to see allainces come crumbing down after this season when a top 100 said you only needed 600 to 700 per event. Its now going to be 1000+ and you MUST SHIELD yourself....
  • acescracked
    DuckyV wrote:
    During Fly Fight Win I hit 1356 during my initial climb then hopped to 1396 doing a single match (finishing 4th in my bracket). No out of game communication. No health packs bought.

Starting late has always been my strategy, now it is just more lucrative.

Nice job. I made it to 1159 and first shield, could a done one more match.Having 70 point targets is so sweet now.