Updating your Android device to the latest patch

Demiurge_Anthony
Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey MPQers,

When a patch is first available on the Google Play Store, some players don't see the "Update" button. This is often times the result in your device's cache being out of date. The good thing is that this is super easy to fix.

1. Reboot your Device
After rebooting your device, the "Update" button should be visible in the Play Store when viewing Marvel Puzzle Quest.

2. Clear the Cache of Google Play Store
Clearing the cache of the Google Play Store and re-launching the Play Store will also fix the issue. To clear the Cache of the Play Store, Access the Application Manager (often found in the Settings), scroll to the "All" tab and look for "Google Play Store". Once selected, locate the "Clear Cache" button and tap it. Once the cache is cleared (it sometimes takes a moment), all you have to do to relaunch the Play Store and the "Update" button should be visible when viewing Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you for posting this... what about the issue about not being able to connect at all after updating? ...
  • Forced update without any warning is really really bad for many players in multiple circumstances, especially those that break shields to do battles and cannot shield back...

I sincerely hope that you guys will be more considerate next time. Thank you...
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for the update. But to echo the dread lords post it really is not cool forcing an update that blocks you from playing during a tournament.

I am at friends house who does not have Wi-Fi so now have to wait ages as my phone slowly( bad network coverage) munches through mobile data to update before I can get back into the game.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forced update blocked me to accept (facebook) friend rewards. (could not tap on popup's button)

( Possibly blocked tournament rewards foor others.... (?) )
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ........something is wrong.

The update popped up as soon as I finished one of the essential nodes. I then IMMEDIATELY hit Skip button (instead of the Update button), because I wanted my points yanked up correctly and my purpose for completing the node.

As soon I hit Skip, ANOTHER pop up came up saying "good news an update is available". And guess what? THAT pop up is not skipable, nor exitable, nor stopable.

So, OF COURSE, my points did not get tallied and I did not get my prize for completing the node.

To make matters worse, my signal stuff work is very intermittent, so the update continues to crash, meanwhile I cannot even access the game, since that impassable pop up pops up as soon as the game loads.

*sigh
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I also got a forced update on Android - and of course the update is still large enough that updating via cellular can be a problem.
    That is SOOOO not cool.
    Either don't force updates to be INSTANTLY mandatory (I can understand after a few days or a week or so, but not immediately) or make update files significantly smaller. But really, don't make them instantly required.
  • AionTeleos
    AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Yeah, it's pretty much "good news! We've locked you out of the game for the next 8 hours!" for me. Thanks, D3!
  • Fix this update!! It has shut down n the middle battles for me twice now. I lost some pts n pvp so I assume some compensation is coming. Figure it out cuz u r killing my pvp rank
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on android and the update button is there but the download never starts...

Edit: did the google play clear cache thing and that fixed it so it would start downloading.
  • Well I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the forced update. I am at work with no wi-fi and playing the game itself has eaten up my data plan. Took 2 hours to download the update over my now-throttled data connection. I wasn't going to update it at all but "luckily" I got a notification saying I'd already passed my data cap, so I figured I might as well. icon_rolleyes.gif

Of course the updates happen right before a big new event/character is coming, so obviously these updates happen during the last few hours of an event. That seems like pretty poor timing. Timelines for these events and new characters should be altered so that everything has been tested and the update becomes available at least 24 hours before the new code is actually required to play the game.