Goodbye mpq

MajinDavid
MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So I've finally saying enough is enough of this game. After doing gauntlet node with ultron, Loki, and she hulk repeatedly and getting screwed over multiple times. I'm not the luckiest person in the world but I know I'm not this unlucky and got some good characters. Had ultron and she hulk down. Saw a match with 3 purple. Needed 2 to use whales which my deadpool is 165 so with buff he's doing 4.5k dmg. Loki had 1kish life left, there's 1 bomb from ultron left on the map and only my deadpool left. Loki's turn, immediately uses purple putting the bomb at bottom and giving Loki the win for at this time the 100th or more times. Ok bad luck I assume. Play again, get enough 2 away from a whale at attack and 1 away from a surgical strike. She hulk uses her drain, 50% from black and 100% from purplethen move into a cascade each turn. Ok more bad luck. Try again later. Thor, invisible, and hood. Loki gets Sooo many mischief tiles that I can't do anything. Ok that's bad choice on my side. Cap and hood with invisible. Maybe saw 6 red the whole match. Bad luck again. Patch and hulk time. Get off zerkers rage, she hulk steals a few tiles then Loki steals rest. Every time the game tiny kitties me over. Wasted 900 HP in order to just get mad with nothing to show for it. So I'm out. I hope all y'all had better luck and I apologize for the rant but I can't believe that's all bad luck and not the game screwing over people.

Comments

• You're not alone. The effort / reward this gauntlet was way out of proportion. It should've been 3 4*'s and those last 2 nodes were well above the difficulty curve.

Wiped over 15 times on the next to last node, although I got through tetris ultron okay.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Yes, that node was by far the must unfair node I think I have ever played in this game. Ultron by himself with bombs and no board movement is one thing. Ultron with two jerks, one who can remove the whole last row or two in one shot and the other who can rearrange the board "randomly" and put bombs on the bottom, is insane.

After my 20th try on this node, I finally beat it. Not with Deadpool and SW/Mystique to generate purple though. I did it with Blade and Steve Rogers, both maxed. I was able to get off Steve's Red shield throw about 4 times, a few times overwriting bombs until I killed Ultron. The final score of this game was Blade and IW dead, and Steve Rogers with 39 HP left. 39. It was insane.