Tips on how to win last Gauntlet mission?

I'm talking about Ultron, Loki and She-Hulk. I've tried several teams against them and most of time either Ultron gets one of his bombs down and a character that is vital to my plan dies, or Loki steals my AP (so I try to avoid doing match-4's and match-5's, but then Loki matches those tiles instead, with devastating effects), or Loki shifts the board around, making the bombs reach the bottom sooner or taking away the tiles I need to match the bombs, or She-Hulk steals my AP, or She-Hulk destroys the lower part of the board, killing at least one of my characters and/or making the bombs go off, or making the bombs reach the lower part earlier than expected, or...well, the list goes on and on and on forever.

Since we're all locked for this fight with the currently quite useless Invisible Woman, I see very few options here. It's either using Deadpool and either Hood (to compensate for Loki's constant mischief) or Scarlet Witch, to increase the chance of getting purple and kill everyone with Deadpool. But that plan has failed me over and over several times now, even with boosts for purple and all colors. icon_e_sad.gif

If not that, then maybe Patch and Hulk, but that will surely make Loki steal all my AP again and shift around the board and probably change all my attack tiles and make my life a real pain, and it might also make the bombs reach the bottom quite fast and go off again and again and...well, once is enough, and then my team is dead again.

I DID have some luck with Steve Rogers and some other character, but then some tinykitty happened and She-Hulk stole all my red AP just as I was about to kill Loki and then it all went to tinykitty again.

So...any ideas? I'm gonna take kind of a mental break from this one now and go fetch the cover in Deadpool's Daily, please have some advice for me when I get back, okay?

Comments

• Gordzilla
    Gordzilla Posts: 20
    Lcap and MNM. To be fair, I was lucky, targeted Loki with a daring match 5 on red, and it went into a lucky frenzy cascade and other match 5s and I downed him before his mischief cld go off. Then subsequently dealt with she hulk and bombs using Lcap. Toped up red and blue occasionally with MNM polarity shift. Then took down ultron at the end. Wouldn't know how much trouble I wld have been in if I didnt down Loki at the very beginning. But this combination has potential.
    Best of luck mate. I lucked out that round and didn't revisit the nose again haha.

Edit: Scrap what I said. Went to test my team again for fun and realised I was reallllllllly pure crazy lucky the first time. Hahaha
  • Gordzilla wrote:
    Lcap and MNM. To be fair, I was lucky, targeted Loki with a daring match 5 on red, and it went into a lucky frenzy cascade and other match 5s and I downed him before his mischief cld go off. Then subsequently dealt with she hulk and bombs using Lcap. Toped up red and blue occasionally with MNM polarity shift. Then took down ultron at the end. Wouldn't know how much trouble I wld have been in if I didnt down Loki at the very beginning. But this combination has potential.
    Best of luck mate. I lucked out that round and didn't revisit the nose again haha.

Edit: Scrap what I said. Went to test my team again for fun and realised I was reallllllllly pure crazy lucky the first time. Hahaha

As I mentioned in my post, I did have some luck with Cap earlier but overall his shield abilities are too slow to survive both She-Hulk's disruptive ability, Loki's shifting ability and Ultron's constant row-destruction. You would throw in Hood in that formula too, and even though he would be efficient against Loki, he's also way too squishy to fight level 340 enemies, which is a big tinykitty part of the problem...this fight is so meh.

Guess I'll just have to keep spending hp on health packs to heal Deadpool and Witch and just hope I get lucky sometime...this is just too much. The other fights were at least possible to win...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Whale it........

Luck......

Whale it....

You're almost better off with a Deadpool TU, and using ms.marvel yellow to get some sort of TU cascade.
  • Whale it........

Luck......

Whale it....

You're almost better off with a Deadpool TU, and using ms.marvel yellow to get some sort of TU cascade.

FINALLY got it! Used Deadpool and Scarlet Witch and boosted the team with blue/purple, green/black, and then the "all AP boost". Witch never got to resolve her blue ability but Loki shifted the board and actually happened to give me the last AP I needed to activate Deadpool's super whales and that was it. But really, just dumb luck for this one. Crazy fight.

Can you use DP points when using a Deadpool TU? Still, gotta get those 14 AP for that too, but 2-star Cap Marvel is a good idea for that.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Daige wrote:
    Can you use DP points when using a Deadpool TU? Still, gotta get those 14 AP for that too, but 2-star Cap Marvel is a good idea for that.

Deadpool TU work with DP points so it's great for nodes with DP.

Even with Cap Marvel i wiped twice before i got enough Yellow/TU icon_rolleyes.gif
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    The only winning move is not to play.