Thank you for the new and improved Juggs heroic

dr tinykittylove
dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously. I don't need any of the covers, so I'm only playing it casually. Was going to skip the last sub when I saw the first node was Juggs, but then you had Iron Fist boosted for the sub, so I gave it a try.

1. Good selection of strong characters with complementary colours/powers as sub reinforcements. I tried out all of them.

2.. Goons! That don't feed usable ap to the characters! The kingpin sub was bad news, this last one is great.

3. Juggs! I was taken aback at seeing him in the first node, but the levels were reasonable. Then again in the last node, which alarmed me until I noticed it was in fact 100 levels lower than the hard node before it.

PLUS both the first and last nodes with Juggs were one-time-only. That's amazing. I'm very happy, and won't complain (too much) if this new heroic makes an appearance again.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hadn't realized the first node was one-time only.

Most of my health packs got eaten in the grind for the 2nd sub, so I haven't been able to play most of the 3rd sub nodes yet. #4 is 3x150, though, and my two strongest characters aren't eligible for this event, so...yeah, probably skipping that.

I feel like I'd be okay with this event if they hadn't gone 'hey let's give Kingpin some feeders so he can spam you with yellow and oh by the way we'll just stick the bugged Teisetsu in there k'

It does look like I'll be able to get the Panther cover, so I'm just mildly annoyed instead of yelling at clouds.
  • I dunno, these nodes are pretty ****(having to use health packs before entering the actual subevents) and if I were to actually treat this like I wanted decent placement, I don't know if that'd be possible considering how much dmg I take each node
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    In all fairness, it is much better than the old Juggs heroic, although that's damning with faint praise. Apart from the node with the yellow feeders to KP, I am quite enjoying it though.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    So that was weird. Tackled the last essential and it lowered the #4 non-essential node from the 3x150 I referenced in my first post to this thread to 3x138.

Tackled it at 3x138, and got my yellow Panther cover.

No idea why the drop in levels there, but I ain't complaining.
  • Also, with the new Jugg heroic, it poses the question: what's more painful, feeder twin pistols or feeder maggia pawns?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feeder twin pistols, no question. With Maggia Pawns at least you have a few turns to prevent some of the pain, and there's so many tiles you can't help but get rid of at least a few.

Aside from those two nodes, though, this has been a really fun event. Good job!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    I dunno, these nodes are pretty ****(having to use health packs before entering the actual subevents) and if I were to actually treat this like I wanted decent placement, I don't know if that'd be possible considering how much dmg I take each node
    that's my biggest beef with this one. too many entry nodes before you even start your sub. all with goons feeding damage dealers and not at low levels, so you're gonna take some damage right off the bat and start your first clear without full health/full health packs. with a limited heroic roster, that is just kinda blegh. other than that, its been ok. would have been nice to include ONE ap controller in the boosteds for this. just one is all I'm asking for. obw, hood, loki, mystique, blade, shulk. any of them.