Do not nerf. Im serious

On the facebook page, some people trying to sell their roaster. Its because of WXF. AFTER that nerf, many many users just quit this game. D3 has the payback plan but noway. Its just tiny part of HP PAYBACK. even people use about 20000HP, but they just back to us like 5000HP. its so ridiculous.

Just dont nerf please. Buff others or make counter character. Dont make us fool anymore.

Comments

• Oh how many times i've heard people say: Do Not Nerf "Character X"

To be honest, this post will do nothing to stop the devs nerfing characters, they have done it so many times in the past with popular characters that they will do it again no matter how much crying, screaming and kicking people do... And to top it off, the reason will always be the same, which is that the nerf is for the balance of the game and to promote roster diversity...

After a while of being here you'll get used to seeing new characters being released / then called over-powered (by the community at times) / then finally nerfed... so yeah, hang around long enough and you'll see that pattern emerge...

Although there are also those rare occasions where they actually buff characters as well, so i can't say its always just nerfs...
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Buffing characters whenever a development mistake happens isn't the answer. That just results in power creep. Nerfs are essential to balance competitive play and to allow players a fair chance at good prizes, not let certain folks with the "in" character keep the top slots locked down.
    MFU wrote:
    D3 has the payback plan but noway. Its just tiny part of HP PAYBACK. even people use about 20000HP, but they just back to us like 5000HP. its so ridiculous.

If you've decided to spend real money on a character because it's overpowered I think it's a little too much to complain after the nerf hits. You spent that money knowing the character was OP. No regrets dude.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish they would make changes or small tweaks instead of the usual "Raise AP, lower damage/tiles."

CMags is the perfect example. His change in powers at least kept him usable and top tier. Even MMags tweak to purple still kept him usable. But then you have characters like Mystique, Sentry, Spidey that don't get tweaked or changed powers, just the lazy "Increase AP."

Players wouldn't complain as much if the devs were a bit more creative with their nerfs.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    I wish they would make changes or small tweaks instead of the usual "Raise AP, lower damage/tiles."

CMags is the perfect example. His change in powers at least kept him usable and top tier. Even MMags tweak to purple still kept him usable. But then you have characters like Mystique, Sentry, Spidey that don't get tweaked or changed powers, just the lazy "Increase AP."

Players wouldn't complain as much if the devs were a bit more creative with their nerfs.
    This is true in theory but not in practice.

Mystiques blue skill change came with an abnormally high amount of forum rage next to 4*thor and her change was at best a small tweak. We still have people who consider her useless.

In general, you can't expect people to be rational when it comes to nerfs. Look at the famous examples such as the CoD gun tweak leading to mass rage and death threats.

People praise Mags' change but there was absolutely NOTHING subtle about that. It was a complete overhaul that kept his blue in tact but nerfed it's damage. It just good fortune that the players liked the mags change and therefore use it as an example of nerfs done right.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:

This is true in theory but not in practice.

Mystiques blue skill change came with an abnormally high amount of forum rage next to 4*thor and her change was at best a small tweak. We still have people who consider her useless.

In general, you can't expect people to be rational when it comes to nerfs. Look at the famous examples such as the CoD gun tweak leading to mass rage and death threats.

People praise Mags' change but there was absolutely NOTHING subtle about that. It was a complete overhaul that kept his blue in tact but nerfed it's damage. It just good fortune that the players liked the mags change and therefore use it as an example of nerfs done right.

Going through the Gauntlet teams thread.. she is FAR from useless.. and many (myself included) could not have finished the Gauntlet without her.
  • I just can not understand why you said, the fairness? 3*=4* is fair? Raised 4* even use money, that player have to be same strongeness with a player who has no 4*? Its so ridiculous. Very narrow.

And the characters like carnage, HB are essential? Do not have the 4*s, people can not playn?

No. The 4* op(as your word) also has weakness. Not indistructable. Just accept it please. Its natural 4*>3*. Unless, released 4* has power like pre-WXF, theres no problem. And i am sure that, now is suitable. Just do not sayn nerf whenever the character released that you can not maximised. So selfish guys.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    MFU wrote:
    Just dont nerf please. Buff others or make counter character. Dont make us fool anymore.

A nerf to an overpowered character is more or less a buff to everyone else. Did you play PVP when, after you reached a certain point, all you would see is XF+GoT+Featured? Man, I relied HEAVILY on XF, but he was over powered and made PVP tedious. I never called for his (or GoT's) nerf, but I have no problem with them. I got plenty of milage out of X-Force while he was still king of the castle.

Also, don't forget that this is XF's third design/second redesign. He's still better than he was when he was introduced. Nerfs are necessary for game health, just as buffs are.
  • Rogan_Josh
    MFU wrote:
    I just can not understand why you said, the fairness? 3*=4* is fair? Raised 4* even use money, that player have to be same strongeness with a player who has no 4*? Its so ridiculous. Very narrow.

And the characters like carnage, HB are essential? Do not have the 4*s, people can not playn?

No. The 4* op(as your word) also has weakness. Not indistructable. Just accept it please. Its natural 4*>3*. Unless, released 4* has power like pre-WXF, theres no problem. And i am sure that, now is suitable. Just do not sayn nerf whenever the character released that you can not maximised. So selfish guys.

okay, I'm guessing English isn't your first language so forgive me if i misunderstand your point here. It's not intentional.

Just because WXF is no longer one-shotting maxed 3 star.png doesn't mean that 3 star.png now equal 4 star.png . It's simply not true. The value of 4 star.png characters are in the scope and range of their abilities. Prof X for example, if he was a 3 star.png people would be drooling over him and when the inevitable nerf hits him the same people would be crying over it, posting their "goodbye MPQ, thanks for nothing" posts on this forum.

Are they worth the increased investment of ISO? no. Are they more powerful than 3 star.png ? yes. The bridge between them and 3 star.png just isn't as apparent and noticeable than the bridge from 2 - 3 star.png

Also, the choice to use 4 star.png characters as essential in PvE is a good one. Now it's just not the 2 star.png rosters that have to sit back and sigh.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Did you play PVP when, after you reached a certain point, all you would see is XF+GoT+Featured? Man, I relied HEAVILY on XF, but he was over powered and made PVP tedious. I never called for his (or GoT's) nerf, but I have no problem with them. I got plenty of milage out of X-Force while he was still king of the castle.

Pretty much exactly how i feel on it to.

I even went and sold my XF after the nerf simply so i could focus of the backlog of good 3 star.png i had.