Just started--is there a good team hidden here somewhere?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi all,

Just started playing a few weeks ago, and just now discovered these forums which has led me to the unfortunate realization that, despite doing alright in events, I am playing the long game pretty poorly. Yes, this is another post asking for advice on team building. I feel like I've hit a wall in terms of progress through the prologue etc., and can't tell whether I should be focusing on maxing out my * characters further or if I should keep leveling some of my higher-powered players.

It seems like most advice here is to power up wolverine, but I just don't have the cards for that, and feel like I need more firepower if I plan on getting to that point! My highest two players are Iron Man and Thor, which is frustratingly redundant, but they're the ones I've had the cards for and who have been helpful in the events lately. Right now I can't make a team that feels effective for the challenges I am facing in the game. Any thoughts on where to focus my energies would be greatly appreciated. Meanwhile, I'll keep digging deeper into the forums...

My full roster is below. Any help with recovering from the mistakes I've made so far without understanding how to play, and where to go from here, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!! LOVE this game so far!

Iron Man 50 4/4/5
Black Widow 30 5/5
Storm 24 5/5/3
Juggernaut 21 5/5
Hawkeye 12 5/5
Venom 1 5/5
Yelena 1 3/4

Thor 50 4/3/3
C. Storm 36 4/3/4
O Black Widow 28 1/4
Captain America 23 5/4/1
Ares 13 2/0/0
Wolverine 13 0/0/2
Bag Man 9 4/2/2
Moonstone 8 2/1
Daken 6 0/3
Bullseye 6 2/0
Hawkeye 6 0/1/1
Magneto 6 0/1/0

Punisher 18 1/1/0
Loki 15 0/1
Spiderman 1/0/0
Patch 15 0/1/0

Comments

• You seem to already have your 1* team fairly high, so I wouldn't recommend putting more ISO into them, since the only semi-useful 1* later on is modern storm.

For your 2*s Thor, Wolverine (yes, even after the nerfs), OBW, C. Storm, and Ares are very solid characters. Since you seem to have the most covers for Thor and C.Storm, I would suggest focusing ISO on those two for now and make them the core of your team.

You have too few 3* covers for any of them to be useful atm, so just go on collecting covers for now.
  • Thanks so much for your response. I've been doing the Thor event with C Storm and OBW and it's working out pretty well despite some overlap between those two. I'll just keep grinding away at the levels for those guys until things get a bit easier. Patience was never my strong suit... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Since you don't have enough covers for most of your characters, i'd level up in this order.

1. Thor, try to finish him off as 4/4/5 or 4/5/4. Don't max his red. While he's been changed, he still has large health pool and his green at level 5 does big damage.

2. C.Storm - I'd recommend ending as 5/4/4 or 4/5/4

3. Captain America (Tends to be buffed or required for PVE event missions here and there, finish him off as 5/5/3 since you already have 5 yellow, his 5 red will allow you to overwrite any tile), Pretty big health pool as well.

If you get covers for OBW (3/5/5), Wolverine (5/5/3), level them up as well. OBW I think would be the best for what you need, since you have no one useful who uses Purple AP.

Modern Hawkeye, build him to 3/3/3 and then leave him there until he is buffed in the near future.

Classic Hawkeye, I used for alot of PVE for a long time since his abilities gave me easy ways of removing tiles, but you don't need to level him for this (except for HP, depending on how well you can do with him)

Ares, Bullseye, and Daken, Juggernaut, Moonstonemake pretty good filler characters, but you can't use them in many PVE events so i'd avoid dumping ISO into them personally (Although Ares is awesome imo).

Most 1* you will grow out of, but the heroes are good to keep around since it seems they are now being featured/buffed sometimes in events.

DO NOT level Bagman, Yelena, Venom, they're all pretty useless.

Also, only use your HP that you get to expand your roster.
  • Wow, that was incredibly helpful! Thanks very much for spending the time to give such a detailed response. I'd been staying away from Captain America because it doesn't seem like anyone's really high on him, but I guess you just have to work with the covers you've got. Wish I had known about not being able to max out all 3 skills before I started going crazy with it though.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, that was incredibly helpful! Thanks very much for spending the time to give such a detailed response. I'd been staying away from Captain America because it doesn't seem like anyone's really high on him, but I guess you just have to work with the covers you've got. Wish I had known about not being able to max out all 3 skills before I started going crazy with it though.

I wouldn't level the Captain: he's a weak long term investment due to how meh he is when he isn't buffed. I would focus on Storm and Thor, and take it from there, keeping an eye out for O. Widow covers.