More Gauntlet like PvE

I felt like the gauntlet is the one PvE you get right.

PvE stands for Player versus Environment. In MPQ our "PvE" forces us to compete with each other for covers... Thats not very player versus environment is it? All of the PvE events should be similar to the gauntlet where we can complete at a semi leisurely pace without having to jump on at EXACTLY 8 hours so that we don't screw up our hops.

Comments

• Funny, I thought PvE stood for Player vs. Everyone.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought it was player vs enemy
  • I couldn't disagree more. Me and everyone else I know hate gauntlet. It's too ridiculously hard, you earn so little rewards and there is no alliance rank bonus.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    I couldn't disagree more. Me and everyone else I know hate gauntlet. It's too ridiculously hard, you earn so little rewards and there is no alliance rank bonus.

They should add an alliance progression to the Gauntlet. So you have two progressions. One personal and one progression for the team to attain.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,394 Chairperson of the Boards
    they will never move PVE to gaunlet look how many people took it off and how much cash they lost.. Gaunlet is not a money maker... LOSE wait 2 1/2 hour get 5 free health packs and try again there is no reason to buy Health packs or anything for this event.
  • Gauntlets are the WORST PvE scenario.

- No replayability
    - Its a race. No ranking (only the first 10 to complete get something).
    - No alliance rank/rewards
    - Unsatisfying rewards
    - Too hard for 85% of players
    - No incentives to fight

The gauntlet could MAYBE become a daily quest, like Deadpool. Roulette rewards each node, locked after beating first time.
    4 Easy, 3 Medium, 2 Hards, 1 Survival.

Drops
    Easy (250, 200, 100, 70 iso).
    Medium (Recuit token, 250, 200, 100)
    Hard (Recruit token x2, 500, 250 Iso)
    Survival (Gold token x2, 100 HP, 1000 iso)
  • Very well said, sir.
  • I agree with OP. Gauntlet and DDQ are the only true PVE events. They allow for casual play not to schedule your life around node refreshes. Some nodes on 3rd part are insanely hard but you need to win them only once to get the prizes, no need to outgrind the next sucker. The best events for casual mobile gaming.

Maybe they should even transform Gauntlet in something like Weekly DQ featuring a 4* as a top prize.
  • xcience
    xcience Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    pers p onally I. would love more gauntlet like PvE.

I know that most people hate the gauntlet because of how difficult it is but that is just how it's meant to be.

I think the original poster is not arguing that he is merely stating that having an event where he can play whenever he wants is very enjoyable. it adds an element of casual play where we don't have to wake up at 4 in the morning just to grind.

the prizes really don't even have to be covers as far as I'm concerned.they could be large ISO rewards or even hero Point rewards. in this way it could be treated sort of as a pVe lightning round.

Just something short and fun that we can play whenever we want when we don't have the time to commit to 7days of grinding.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,394 Chairperson of the Boards
    shurak wrote:
    I agree with OP. Gauntlet and DDQ are the only true PVE events. They allow for casual play not to schedule your life around node refreshes. Some nodes on 3rd part are insanely hard but you need to win them only once to get the prizes, no need to outgrind the next sucker. The best events for casual mobile gaming.

Maybe they should even transform Gauntlet in something like Weekly DQ featuring a 4* as a top prize.

i say if you would ever see then take PVE away and replace it with gaunlet the game would close up within 3 months, so many people would leave it.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need a monthly gauntlet. Basically just a prologue type thing, that gets harder and harder, you have 30 days to finish/farm the nodes at your own pace, then a new one starts.

Individual progression or alliance based.. doesn't matter.. Just some way to farm decent iso, and have chances at rewards without killing yourself or having to stick to timers.
  • I loved the concept of the Gauntlet. Then they placed the rewards I needed to level my 2 stars behind 3 star essentials I didn't have, and I quickly realized it just wasn't worth the hassle.