At what level do 4* become really usable?

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have 4hor and Fury as covered 4* options to throw iso at. As you know, leveling a 4* to 270 is really expensive. Question:

What are good or recommended unmaxed levels for those 2?

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    200 seems like plenty to me. After that, the gains become minimal, but the ISO cost rises exponentially.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    at what level do they become equivalent to the *** tier? is it 166? or a little higher?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    at what level do they become equivalent to the *** tier? is it 166? or a little higher?

At level 221, their match damage should line up with a maxed 3*. If you go beyond 221, then they will have the "strongest" color for abilities that have that clause.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sort of depends on your definition of 'usable.' They're usable in PvE at 120 if you have them highly (10+) covered. That'll make them cannon fodder in PvP, but still usable.

Overall, I'd say they're good around 180, you can lean on them in PvP at 220, and 270 obviously makes them fully versatile.

That's obviously also relative to their absolute strength. IMHB becomes usable faster than Fury, who is faster than IW.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    I've posted a couple comparisons of L250 vs. L270

Based on my findings I stop @ 250

I made an exception with Fury because of all the 4* nerfs plus the extra 1,300 hp for the last 20 levels.