Why people are narrow with 4*?

I just wanna say, why almost players, are very narrow with 4*?

I thought, 4* have to have more merits. As u guys know, 4* are very rare to get, tons of iso reveling them up, even some people sacrifices their "real money" put in HP for go 4*'s 13 skills. Its not that easy to decide get 4* 270lv.

Then, see guys. Users in MPQ, i bet so many of them, thought, and screaming like, 4* are so strong. Some of them said, 4* kills my 3* team very easily. I wanna say back to them, "absolutely man. Cause, your 3* team is not that hard to max. Its just natural. "

Recently, its so easy to make 3* teams because DPD has been opened right? Why users thought, 3* are the end of this game? I really can not understand that way of thinking.

Before WXF nerfed, he was the one. So its fair to be nerfed for balancing. I agree with that, but 4* HB or UNKNOWN or what ever some people said 4*OP, is not that strong like pre-WFX. Is it really necessary the 4* be nerfed? Even they are 4*? The best rarity of this game?

i really wanna know, whats worth of 4*? If they released stronger than 3*, so they born to be nerfed, i never try to get them anymore.

Guys just think about that togeher please. MPQ has been changed. 3* are not the end of the game. 4* is gonna be main of this game soon. Its the time to be changed our old, fixed style guys.

Comments

• As long as roster slots are ridiculously overpriced, people will complain about new characters being released quickly.

I'd love to see more and more 4* to make another viable tier above the current end game, but ONLY if roster slot prices are reduced and there's a more reliable way to get 4* covers, like a souped up DDQ or somesuch.

Until then, be prepared for more groaning, because new 4* only serve to squeeze money out of the whales and frustrate everyone else.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackswift wrote:
    As long as roster slots are ridiculously overpriced, people will complain about new characters being released quickly.

I'd love to see more and more 4* to make another viable tier above the current end game, but ONLY if roster slot prices are reduced and there's a more reliable way to get 4* covers, like a souped up DDQ or somesuch.

Until then, be prepared for more groaning, because new 4* only serve to squeeze money out of the whales and frustrate everyone else.

And now you basically have to play for them / get them / keep them since they are being required for PVE as well. So unless you are willing to pay a ton of money for covers you have to go into nodes with uncovered 4*'s (the chances to earn them are few and far between) as well as underleveled 2*'s (due to scaling - if you have them on your roster at all).

The reason I don't like 4* is more the aspect on - how, outside of plunking down a TON of cash for them (HP costs are ridiculous), am I supposed to obtain them? Drop rates are pathetic for them. And then, if I somehow get them, how am I supposed to level them? ISO rates are also pathetic. And THEN, if you get them - did it effect your scaling in PVE so you can't play there anymore?

Oh, and was it a good 4*, did it/will it get nerfed right away? The question also becomes why would you pay for these, when they are barely better than 3*'s and if they are much better than that - they won't be for long.
  • Poor bro. It should be different between money runner or not. Its just simple system of every game in the world. 3* are very easy to get, do you guys think why it has been changed? like the circumstances that everyone got their 3* teams so easily? Dont be a fool. Its not about generous of D3. Its just a plan of them to put in some better 4*, change main stream 3* to 4*, involve many players to put their real money to be stronger. Its not that hard to understanding. Just so simple. Differences between players. Always happened. Do not wanna be a looser? Go hard. Get the high score. You cant? Then accept it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    they are being required for PVE as well.
    This. and roster slot costs. if not for those 2 items together, I think there would be much less negativity. not only are they required, but you have to pay out the nose to roster them. if either issue were loosened up, I think all the complaining would die down. to make matters worse, I now have to keep one extra useless roster slot for **s I may not have kept in my transition.
  • I can't speak for the community at large, the problem I have with 4*s is that I keep getting paired up against them constantly in PvP when I don't even have a single max level 3*. I'm fine with any 4*s being able to relatively easily dispatch 3* teams, because they should, just like 3* teams should be able to clean up 2*s and so on. There should always be a reason to progress otherwise everyone will stop at 3*s and leave it at that. The MMR seems to be a bit wonky though and I really don't appreciate seeing level 300+ people in PvP when all I have are level 120s.

I also think a lot of people have forgotten just how terrible 4*s were when they were introduced. Original XFW was so terrible you'd probably want to use a 3*, Invisible woman was worthless for 80% of the match because her abilities cost so much. It's good to see the reworks making characters relevant and useful, people just like to **** when their toys get taken away. I understand the frustration when you actually buy into something for the sake of competing only for it to get nerfed, but honestly, pretty much the only time d3 will actually do anything balance wise, is when a character has completely taken over a tier, it happened to Spidey and CMags, it happened to 2*Thor and 2* Wolverine, it'll happen to whoever is next. All I can say is you have to expect that and build teams around abilities that are all-around good, not the flavour of the month "OP" character or you will eventually be disappointed when they get nerfed.

The rest of it as I see it, boils down to just how ridiculously, absurdly hard it is to earn a fully covered 4* without spending money. That just makes everything worse, so people will want to quit. When you can sink 1000 hours into a game and still cant compete with the top level people because of the reward system, something's a bit off. I don't want to get started on roster slots and roster diversity, but as mentioned, there are issues there as well. I submitted a lot of recommendations in the survey they just sent out, not that I think they'll bother reading it anyway, but if they did I'd like to see some things implemented.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    MFU wrote:
    I just wanna say, why almost players, are very narrow with 4*?

I thought, 4* have to have more merits. As u guys know, 4* are very rare to get, tons of iso reveling them up, even some people sacrifices their "real money" put in HP for go 4*'s 13 skills. Its not that easy to decide get 4* 270lv.

I agree, they should. If you're going to introduce a higher tier of character, it should have a utility beyond "these characters will be required for essential nodes, meaning you'll need to have them to get a decent shot at placement rewards or, in the extreme, progression rewards." There should be something satisfying about actually using a 4* that makes you feel like it was worth acquiring.
    Then, see guys. Users in MPQ, i bet so many of them, thought, and screaming like, 4* are so strong. Some of them said, 4* kills my 3* team very easily. I wanna say back to them, "absolutely man. Cause, your 3* team is not that hard to max. Its just natural. "

They're not screaming because the 4* destroys them. They're screaming because they're being matched up against somebody who has the resources to put into purchasing a 4* character - and that's what it comes down to. Maybe you redeem lots of tokens and get lucky; maybe you do well on placement and earn your first cover in each power that way, purchasing the rest; or maybe it's a mix of the two. Then, too, the ISO needed to train them is at a premium. Leveling a covered 4* with any rapidity is almost going to require an ISO purchase of some kind. All of which is well and good, but now say you're a free-to-play user, or a user who allocates *some* resources to MPQ on a semi-regular basis, but not on the level needed to build one 4*, let alone three. And then you're playing PVP and run into a fight with three maxed 4* characters. You're not going to be upset because you lost to them (if you fought them). You're going to be upset because you hit a point where every fight available to you has one or more 4* and you have no effective counter. You're going to be upset that you're being matched against people who can spend resources to gain advancement over you, instead of people who are more properly your peers.
    Recently, its so easy to make 3* teams because DPD has been opened right? Why users thought, 3* are the end of this game? I really can not understand that way of thinking.

DDQ has been an enormous help to constructing 3* rosters, and no joke. I mean, it's still slower than earning covers in PVP/PVE or outright buying them, but my season XV PVP performance aside, I'd wager the majority of my 3* growth has happened since DDQ became a thing. But, again, I don't think anybody sees them as the end of the game. They want to know how a transition to 4* is going to happen that doesn't rely on "finish first in your bracket in every event."
    Before WXF nerfed, he was the one. So its fair to be nerfed for balancing. I agree with that, but 4* HB or UNKNOWN or what ever some people said 4*OP, is not that strong like pre-WFX. Is it really necessary the 4* be nerfed? Even they are 4*? The best rarity of this game?

That's the $64,000 question, isn't it? That's the difficulty with balancing. If you're going to allow users who use the 4* characters to mix with the "general population," you have to balance it such that the game doesn't feel "pay to win," or you lose a portion of the user base who feels like you've got your hand in their hip pocket. If you're going to allow 4* to feel supremely powerful, then you have to wall off those users from the general population, and they're going to feel like they aren't getting value for the resources expended and may spend less.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    4*are relatively easy to acquire nowadays with the new pts system if u are willing to spend hp on shields, which is were d3p probably make their money nowadays.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    please note that D3 have said in their monthly video that they'll be addressing the rarity of 4 star.png and that they'll be adding them to the reward structure of DDQ in the near future.