why in the **** is there a teisetsu in the Juggernaut Heroic

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ninja **** should not be present in the Heroic version of a prologue chapter.

why the **** is there a teisetsu in the Juggernaut Heroic

Comments

• Basic answer: Because he feeds red.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    and don't forget feeding black for kingpin...
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    And don't forget, if you already received your ONE TIME APOLOGY TOKEN, you will not be receiving anything else from D3 as compensation for all of your wasted time, boosts, health packs, team ups, and dead characters.

;+D
    ;+D
    ;+D
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are a number of ninja about the place. I'm going to throw a chimney at them!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no intention of playing Juggs Heroic, but hearing that Ninja's are in it, especially when they are knowingly bugged, was a bad, bad idea. Not well thought out.

Now I really don't want to play PVE. Already been avoiding it due to scaling.
  • JVReal wrote:
    I have no intention of playing Juggs Heroic, but hearing that Ninja's are in it, especially when they are knowingly bugged, was a bad, bad idea. Not well thought out.

Now I really don't want to play PVE. Already been avoiding it due to scaling.
    I don't think they are bugged anymore. They worked properly in DDQ today.
  • They are still bugged. No patch has been released for them. I got the bug last night. There are ways to kill them that don't cause the bug, I believe if you kill them with a power that doesn't create cascades it will work as expected.

But yes, it's completely baffling that they would have known about this bug even before the last patch and still chosen to use these characters in events.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are still bugged. No patch has been released for them. I got the bug last night. There are ways to kill them that don't cause the bug, I believe if you kill them with a power that doesn't create cascades it will work as expected.

But yes, it's completely baffling that they would have known about this bug even before the last patch and still chosen to use these characters in events.
    I've played against them multiple times today and they are not acting bugged today including the enchilada.
  • They are still bugged. No patch has been released for them. I got the bug last night. There are ways to kill them that don't cause the bug, I believe if you kill them with a power that doesn't create cascades it will work as expected.

I killed one as the last enemy in a wave with a big cascade and only had it trigger once.
  • The Teisatsu bug can only manifest in survival nodes. There are no survival nodes in Juggernaut Heroic.

As to why Juggernaut Heroic can contain Teisatsu, that is already explained in the node's flavor text. The designers of the event are very much aware of what they did.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Vynyv wrote:
    The Teisatsu bug can only manifest in survival nodes.

That's not true at all. The bug where TTS would activate any time you used an AoE to deal damage to a downed Teisatsu didn't require multiple rounds.

It is pretty easy to confirm if this bug is fixed by using an AoE attack against a group that includes a downed Teis.
  • I noticed an OTA patch come thru on both my phone and tablet yesterday evening. So maybe they put the bug fix out earlier than expected.
  • They've always been there. Guess you didn't see them until they wanted to be seen.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    That's not true at all. The bug where TTS would activate any time you used an AoE to deal damage to a downed Teisatsu didn't require multiple rounds.

It is pretty easy to confirm if this bug is fixed by using an AoE attack against a group that includes a downed Teis.
    You are mistaken about the cause of the bug. Turn to Smoke was activating multiple times when cascading matches continued to damage a downed Teisatsu. This can only occur if the Teisatsu was the last opponent alive (otherwise the next opponent in line immediately steps up), and would only be relevant to gameplay if there was another wave of enemies coming in to take advantage of the newly generated attack tiles (i.e. survival nodes).
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Vynyv wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

You are mistaken about the cause of the bug. Turn to Smoke was activating multiple times when cascading matches continued to damage a downed Teisatsu. This can only occur if the Teisatsu was the last opponent alive (otherwise the next opponent in line immediately steps up), and would only be relevant to gameplay if there was another wave of enemies coming in to take advantage of the newly generated attack tiles (i.e. survival nodes).

No, the bug would occur anytime damage was dealt to a down Teis.

So if you downed a Teis and then continued to hit it when downed with multiple matches, that would be dealing damage to a downed Teis.

Also, if you used Wind Storm or Call the Storm (or any area of effect attack) while downed Teisatsus were present, it would trigger TTS for each Teis that was already downed.

That was the true nature of the bug.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    .......why on earth are people saying matter of factly what is and is not going on, when they actually are incorrect? lol

The bug is still there. In all game modes. Period.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    Also, if you used Wind Storm or Call the Storm (or any area of effect attack) while downed Teisatsus were present, it would trigger TTS for each Teis that was already downed.
    I will concede that I did not test this scenario. I will have to let others speak to whether the bug still exists in that form then.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    Ninja tinykitty should not be present in the Heroic version of a prologue chapter.

why the tinykitty is there a teisetsu in the Juggernaut Heroic

Why the tinykitty are you still playing Heroics? icon_e_wink.gif
  • The juggernaut heroic was easily the least enticing PvE I've ever seen, one of the worst 3* as a reward and a BP ability that will be maxed for me in the next round of ddq, did a couple of nodes when bored, finished 400ish, got my 6 useless tokens, huzzah!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Ninja tinykitty should not be present in the Heroic version of a prologue chapter.

why the tinykitty is there a teisetsu in the Juggernaut Heroic

Why the tinykitty are you still playing Heroics? icon_e_wink.gif

Shrug. I got a usable 3* from one of the tokens and I'm going to end up getting 100 HP for event/sub finish at a point when I'm going to need all the HP I can get over the next couple weeks to roster the characters I have mouldering in my stash.