NEW Shield 1 hour

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
3 hours cost 75 coins how about 1 hour for 25 coins.. Im being attacked 6 to 10 times in the last 5 mins (when im not attacked at all the rest of the time im playing) there is no way im spending 75 coins for 5 mins

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Same 8-hour cool-down?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same 8-hour cool-down?

would have to be, or lightning rounds would get out of hand
  • 1 hour shields are not the solution. Fixing the point earned/lost on PvP would be the way to go, but Devs would actually be losing a lot of money. Shield buys is how they make their living. If they add a 1-hour shield, players would shield hop from 3 to 1 , not from 8 to 3, (125 HP cheaper, not good for money making)

Right now, there is absolutely NO incentive to start gathering points 5 hours before event ends, that if you plan to use 3-hour shield as soon as you hit the 3 hour remaining mark. You get sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many points for hitting someone minimally ahead of you, that starting ahead means suicide (you will lose all to "revenge"attacks). You will often find youself losing 30+ points in a defeat, while fighting to get 25.

One time, I was stupid enough to break shield 5 minutes before event end to try to sneak a few points in. Got that juicy 45 points in a win, just to lose 113 pts in 4 simultaneous attacks

If shield-buy wasnt such a big part of Devs income, they would add a "getting attacked cooldown" timer, to prevent this from happening (Clash of Clans like). A simple 30 min/1 hour shield everytime you are attacked, non stackable, of course.
  • Falkbeer wrote:
    1 hour shields are not the solution. Fixing the point earned/lost on PvP would be the way to go, but Devs would actually be losing a lot of money. Shield buys is how they make their living. If they add a 1-hour shield, players would shield hop from 3 to 1 , not from 8 to 3, (125 HP cheaper, not good for money making)

I actually think that if they changed the shield cooldowns to the same amount of time as the shield itself, 3hours to 3, 8 hours is already 8, 24hr can stay at 8 (8 hour cooldown should be max if they just have to have them), AND they added a 1 hour shield for 30 HP with a 1 hour cooldown, that we would see something more like 8-3-1. Or for me, it'd be more like 1-8-3. I think they would profit more from adding additional time frames. I personally would love to see a 1 hour and 12 hour shield added. If they had a 12 hour shield (8 hour cooldown), my hops on events that I am pushing REALLY hard for, would be 12-1-8-3, so that I could play across multiple days.

But with the cooldowns in place, I just play the last 8-11 hours because I don't want to get sniped into oblivion. On the down side, I guess that makes me one of the snipers that I do not like.

Falkbeer wrote:
    ... they would add a "getting attacked cooldown" timer, to prevent this from happening (Clash of Clans like). A simple 30 min/1 hour shield every time you are attacked, non stackable, of course.

I completely agree that something has to be done about the ridiculous amount of hits we take. I should go into 1 fight, and come out to 100-200-250 points lost because I was attacked 10-15 times in that same 5 minute period of time.

This is something that needs to be addressed. And if addressed properly would gain them a much better reputation as a company.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    last night had 760pts with 2 mins to go.... event ends with a pop up you were attacked 8 tmes for a lost of 175 pts (got attacked maybe 2 times in the hour before)

PVP has became PAY TO WIN... You dont buy a shild your not going to ever take top 100. unless you have a major team

Sorry but wont pay 75 for a sheild when i only make 100 in tokens it be a freaking wash
  • slidecage wrote:
    Sorry but wont pay 75 for a sheild when i only make 100 in tokens it be a freaking wash

Actually, it would be a net gain of 50HP.

Plus consider your ranking bonus. 25, 50, or 100 HP when you are in T100

Consider his scenario:
    EVENT 1:
    Say you went top 50 with your 760 points in Event 1 because you shielded in the last 3 Hours. You have now gained the 400,575, & 725 progression rewards earning you 75HP, plus you get an additional 50HP for being top 50. That is 125HP earned, minus the 75HP spent on the 3 hour shield. So your NET GAIN IS 50HP.

EVENT 2:
    You make the same moves, earning the 400, 575, 725 progressions, that's another 75HP. Plus you once again hit T50 for the extra 50HP reward. So let's look at the numbers:
      50HP gained from event 1 125 HP earned in event 2 75HP deducted for Event 2's three hour shield
    NEW NET GAIN IS:100HP (and this is just a 2 event scenario)

Now imagine doing this across all PVP events. This is how people play and win big without spending any real time cash. And I didn't even include Season HP progression rewards into the scenario.

Using shields, if done properly, will net you a gain, and a pretty big boost to your overall season score, which will net you even more rewards.