PVP Match up yea right ------ played 2 hours not attacked

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
once. but was attacked 9 times in the last 2 mins and lost over 200 pts. something seems very very fishy there

Comments

• Tell me about it. Joined my alt earlier and was put in a fresh bracket with 15 players. Joined the same shard with my main shortly after and got put in the death bracket with min scores of 1k for top 10. Barely played last season, and from the look of things probably won't be playing much this season either. I'd already started shifting MPQ time over to other activities, and this just makes it that much easier. They really seem to dislike people who've given them money. Or maybe I'm just not hardcore enough / a gambling addict so they're not interested for that reason.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    People skip to find high value targets.
    In other shocking news bacon, cheddar and ranch sales are at an all time high while broccoli, squash, and Brussel sprout growers are going out of business!
  • It takes a surprisingly long time for the game to update your score and if you're climbing at a decent pace, it is quite possible anyone who sees you will be looking at a much lower score than what you really have and skip you because they're seeing the incorrect rewards but have no particular incentive to believe the game is right, because the game is still usually right. That is, if I take a guy that says '25 points', I'd say at least 70% of the time I'm getting 25+-3 and I shouldn't expect 10 or 70 from this fight. Usually the sudden drop in score is when your climb has slowed down so that people are now seeing scores that accurately reflect what you got and gravity kicks in.
  • Tell me about it. Joined my alt earlier and was put in a fresh bracket with 15 players. Joined the same shard with my main shortly after and got put in the death bracket with min scores of 1k for top 10. Barely played last season, and from the look of things probably won't be playing much this season either. I'd already started shifting MPQ time over to other activities, and this just makes it that much easier. They really seem to dislike people who've given them money. Or maybe I'm just not hardcore enough / a gambling addict so they're not interested for that reason.

Lol, only the top ten had 1k? I scored 975 and barely made top 50 in my Marvel bracket. I need to queue where you do...
  • You said you joined with your alternate. Is that a fairly low-level account? I tried the same thing and if your account is not leveled up you are going to be put into easier brackets. And it makes sense that they'd be almost empty if you're joining late because most newbies would never join that late, not understanding the value of doing so (speaking from personal experience).
  • Had the same thing happen to me today. I was at 710 points with less than 10 minutes to go. Ended my fight and come out to -190 points. I was able to squeeze out a retaliation or 2, leaving me at 500 when the event ended.

I'm curious as to what is causing this & how to avoid it such a smackdown?

Is it because I had x00 amount of points, so I became visible to more players?
    Is it because the event was about to end so people were making their final push?
    Should I start playing earlier and shield the final hour of the event?

PVP noob here so any advice is helpful.
  • Had the same thing happen to me today. I was at 710 points with less than 10 minutes to go. Ended my fight and come out to -190 points. I was able to squeeze out a retaliation or 2, leaving me at 500 when the event ended.

I'm curious as to what is causing this & how to avoid it such a smackdown?

Is it because I had x00 amount of points, so I became visible to more players?
    Is it because the event was about to end so people were making their final push?
    Should I start playing earlier and shield the final hour of the event?

PVP noob here so any advice is helpful.

Mango. I would recommend starting earlier and staying shielded for at least the last 3 hours of the PVP. I personally start every event early and am shielded up for at least the last 8 hours of the event. When you start earlier,especially with a 2*-3* roster it takes a while to find your groove...the level that you can "float" during the event without getting gang attacked. But eventually you get the hang of it and can perform consistently. In general, un shielding with either very high points or with a non-maxed roster late in an event is dicey.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

marc