I miss the old AP Counter

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I cannot believe I just said that!

Comments

• It showed the exact ap gain of every action. Somewhat important on stuff like ap drains (blade, loki) when you can't see clearly how much ap you had on the stolen color (more ap than needed for a power or a passive completely hide the color you lost).
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Me too.

I don't need to see updated totals, I need to see what got added or taken away. If I wanted to see totals, I can always swipe left.
  • bender
    bender Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    After they made the change I now swipe right or left a lot more than I used to - it annoys the heck out of me. We've heard nothing from D3 to say they're going to fix this (there's nothing in the R77 patch notes). Why add a feature with dubious value while taking away information? Putting the old code back would be a 100% improvement.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    #BringBackOldAPCounter #MathIsHard #SteamUIIsBetterThanMobile
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    I totally agree, the old change counter was more helpful for game strategy. Recent changes to characters like Shulk and longer PvP matches only compound the problem. I know it is a minor issue in the grand scheme of things but when each match matters more it becomes a problem. As long as they don't go back to the awful goon pop up a few updates ago.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I'll throw my two cents in here too. The old notification was much more useful than the upgrade.

Now, if the new version popped out and showed a "+/- xx" amount next to the colors that were just affected, I can see that working too (if D3 didn't want to go back to the old notification). But, the way it is now, is not useful and has me swiping left/right a lot more than I did before (but maybe that's D3s plan... to increase the length of play for each match).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've missed it ever since they changed it. i'll sign the petition or vote, or whatever. they took away information you cannot get unless you track ap every move and flashed information that is already there so fast that it doesn't help anyway. makes no sense but improvements to the game rarely do (not never, but rarely).
  • I'll happily keep the less useful counter if it means they would spend more time reconsidering scaling so the game is actually fun again.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the pop-out, if it was more helpful. Bring the menu out, then highlight the AP that is going to change then show them change. This way my eyes are drawn to the glowing AP counts, see the before, then see the after, then slide back in.

Without seeing the change, it's information, but not all the information I want/need.

What I never understood was... if there was room on the bottom row to display the change of the AP for the turn... why isn't there room to display it permanently?