When the scaling is out of hand and your roster is limited..

ttt_WOPR.png

Every event is more frustrating than the last. How can you put us up against fights that are scaled 100+ levels beyond our characters AND stop us from using most of them so we can use a team that might have a chance? Are you guys actively looking for ways to make the game less fun? I used up all my health packs very quickly this morning because I had extremely limited options as to what teams I could field, and this is only round 1 of Heroic, well before the time is up.

I get excited for new events, not because I like the game anymore, but because I hope that this time, just maybe, it might be something enjoyable again.

Comments

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I dislike events where I'm forced to use only the characters they say I can use. I dislike those more than insane scaling because at least then I can use who I want.

On another note...is insane scaling ever going to be addressed? It's not fun or challanging to win by luck.
  • Right? The various levels of strategy are what really drew me in with this game at first. There are tons of (seemingly) important choices you make not only in a match but in how you build your roster. All of those choices make the luck factor a much smaller issue. But when you remove the vast majority of options we have spent months creating, fully half of the appeal of the game is gone. To make the levels incredibly hard on top of that... it makes me wonder if they're not actively trying to sabotage the game.
  • Esheris wrote:
    I dislike events where I'm forced to use only the characters they say I can use. I dislike those more than insane scaling because at least then I can use who I want.

On another note...is insane scaling ever going to be addressed? It's not fun or challanging to win by luck.

Of course it will be...Just wait for their Q&A answers to the questions that we submitted.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

easy...m
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Just look at this way: It shouldn't frustrate you, because there's NO reason to even play this event. It's full of overscaled Juggernaut fights, that you have to fight with a limited roster, for IM40 rewards. Just have yourself a nice couple days off and we'll see you for the next PvE icon_mrgreen.gif
  • tanis3303 wrote:
    Just look at this way: It shouldn't frustrate you, because there's NO reason to even play this event. It's full of overscaled Juggernaut fights, that you have to fight with a limited roster, for IM40 rewards. Just have yourself a nice couple days off and we'll see you for the next PvE icon_mrgreen.gif

Would love to get that BP card, but with my scaling and available heroes, it ain't happenin'. To those constantly insisting you can consistently hit final PvE progression without essentials, I say yet again simply, no, you can't, and I've even got two of three of the essentials for this one, not that it matters. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    ttt_WOPR.png

Every event is more frustrating than the last. How can you put us up against fights that are scaled 100+ levels beyond our characters AND stop us from using most of them so we can use a team that might have a chance? Are you guys actively looking for ways to make the game less fun? I used up all my health packs very quickly this morning because I had extremely limited options as to what teams I could field, and this is only round 1 of Heroic, well before the time is up.

How is this different from every other Heroic that's ever run, particularly every Juggs Heroic? At least MNM and CStorm are both boosted. That actually make this the best Juggs Heroic that has ever been. That and the fact that the rewards are entirely ignorable.

Yeah, I said it: THIS IS THE BEST JUGGERNAUT HEROIC THAT HAS EVER BEEN. (damning with faint praise, I know)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:

Would love to get that BP card, but with my scaling and available heroes, it ain't happenin'. To those constantly insisting you can consistently hit final PvE progression without essentials, I say yet again simply, no, you can't, and I've even got two of three of the essentials for this one, not that it matters. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

You can, and especially on Heroics, the final sub nodes are worth enough points to get progression just off of those (requires multiple clearings), so if you do what you can, it should not be too hard
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least MNM and CStorm are both boosted. That actually make this the best Juggs Heroic that has ever been.
    even boosted, I get very nervous playing storm against jugs. one smallish cascade at the wrong time and down she goes and with boost limits, getting 9 purple takes longer and is no guarantee to even get there - had at least one node where I didn't get enough purple until very late in the match and by then had already sacrificed torch to execution by headbutt. cap is the only semi tank I have available (hb at 2 covers and panther at 4) and with no ap controllers, I think this is a tough heroic.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    ttt_WOPR.png

I get excited for new events, not because I like the game anymore, but because I hope that this time, just maybe, it might be something enjoyable again.

Is that a quote from the classic War Games?
  • BlackIC
    BlackIC Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Yes,

To be specific...it is Joshua and the computer system is WOPR (War Operation Plan Response). The game they tried playing was ThermoGlobal Nuclear War.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

DBC

You can, and especially on Heroics, the final sub nodes are worth enough points to get progression just off of those (requires multiple clearings), so if you do what you can, it should not be too hard

I appreciate the encouragement, but if what I've seen thus far is any indication, multiple clears are not going to happen. Not that it matters at this point, because I've pretty much accepted defeat on this PvE, something that's gotten to be a pretty regular feeling.

DBC
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Now really ambivalent about heroics. Initially, I enjoyed the challenge and derived a lot of satisfaction from them, but the larger my roster becomes the more I am beginning to see them as an exercise in frustration.

Think it would be better and certainly less frustrating if they just gave everyone a preview of the nodes and allowed each player to select a limited team from their roster for the event. It could be fun trying to come with the best team from your roster.

They need not do it all the time but I think it would come as good change of pace if they tried something like that.
  • when your scaling's out of hand
    and most your roster's banned
    diarrhea diarrhea

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    My 120 Hulkbuster is boosted to 210.
    My 102 Black Panther is boosted to 196.
    My 130 Human Torch is boosted to 184.
    My 94 Bullseye, Mags, and Storm are all boosted to 150.

This should actually be a fun event for me, at least up to the Black Panther progression.

I'd love to get the Nick Fury cover, but I like having a life outside of MPQ, which naturally precludes me from getting in the top two in any PvE events and failure is not an option because then you are stuck with 3* IM, a very expensive AP battery with none of the wit and charm of a real Tony Stark.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic PVEs are terrible and Juggernaut Heroic has always been the worst (thankfully this one wasn't awarding a new character). I really hope that when we have accrued a good number of newer PVEs, those suckers come out of the PVE rotation forever.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Esheris wrote:

The point of all scaling is to make it so that events are won by people who can beat missions, whether by skill, luck or roster quality or a combination of all three.

They don't want to go back to the days where the winner is the person who can grind the most often for the longest, because that guy is rarely the person willing to drop money on the game.
  • ThePLAV
    ThePLAV Posts: 28
    I appreciate the encouragement, but if what I've seen thus far is any indication, multiple clears are not going to happen. Not that it matters at this point, because I've pretty much accepted defeat on this PvE, something that's gotten to be a pretty regular feeling.

DBC
    I'm sitting on 12000/26000 for the progression with Storm being my only essential.
    First run of the first sub went without a hitch.
    Second run, I gave the last node a pass.
    Third run, I skipped the last 2 nodes.

I've only finished the first 3 nodes of the second sub so far-- just waiting for my StormNeto train to recover before I do the essential and finish the rest of the run.

It's definitely doable.
  • tanis3303 wrote:

DBC

Sadly, the BP card is worthless to me at I already have 4 of them, and either tomorrow or a few days after (depending if we get SW, QS & Vision or not) we're going to be getting BP's yellow as a reward. I'd skip the event as the IM40 isn't a compelling enough reason, if it wasn't for helping out my alliance...