Spider-Villains needed: Vulture

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited June 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Despite that we've got some fun villains spec'd out from the Spiderverse, we need more. And I don't think Carnage is going to mix it up.
Here's my take on Adrian Toomes, The Vulture.

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
The Vulture (Amazing).
7650 HPs.
page16_38700000L.jpg

greenflag.png Run The Numbers. Passive.
spider-man-the-clone-saga-the-vulture.jpg
Adrian Toomes is a brilliant engineer, and has done his homework to guarantee his success. If Vulture is not attacked this round, drain/gain one enemy AP. If Toomes is attacked, gain no AP.
Rank 2. Increase AP steal to 2.
Rank 3. Enemy takes leech damage (tile strength) for AP stolen.
Rank 4. Negate tile destruction when Toomes is attacked.
Rank 5. Steal one secondary AP from enemy pool as well.

blackflag.png Wing Buffet. 9 AP.
3005685-the%252Bvulture%252Bcolored%252Bjpeg3.jpg
Adrian uses his mechanical wings to create a gust of wind, stunning enemies. Stun the enemy one turn and convert 2 yellow AP.
Rank 2. Stun increased to 2 turns.
Rank 3. Convert 3 yellow AP.
Rank 4. Convert 5 yellow AP.
Rank 5. Stun duration to 3 turns.

yellowflag.png Avian Hunger. 10 AP.
hqdefault.jpg
Adrian's self experimentation made him a bit more than human. With it came a ravenous hunger. Heal him for 500 HPs but place a two turn timer tile on the board. If he is unable to steal AP within that time, he loses 900 HPs. While this timer is in play, Wing Buffet deals 400 damage to the enemy team.
Rank 2. Heal increased to 800 / 1100.
Rank 3. Timer increased to three turns. Wing Buffet to 550.
Rank 4. Heal increased to 1100 / 1400.
Rank 5. Heal increased to 1500 / 1900. Wing Buffet to 700 all.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    greenflag.png Run The Numbers. Passive.
    spider-man-the-clone-saga-the-vulture.jpg
    Adrian Toomes is a brilliant engineer, and has done his homework to guarantee his success. If Vulture is not attacked this round, drain/gain one enemy AP. If Toomes is attacked, gain no AP.

Rank 4. Negate tile destruction when Toomes is attacked.

Considering how much work and how badly it came out in trying to fix this with the Ninja's.. i seriously doubt they would purposely put that back in!

great overall, that yellowflag.png would be tricky, he would be required to tank his colors and match them often, or he would just die off lonely and alone in the back
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Then you go big risk reward with his yellowflag.png . I think that way, you make it worth it to use his yellow and still not take damage.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    Then you go big risk reward with his yellowflag.png . I think that way, you make it worth it to use his yellow and still not take damage.

upvote (for some reason it will not let me upvote you)
  • ronin_san
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Gzj1OF7d9m4

Rereading his green, I realize I made it coke all the things. This video explains what I mean by that.

I need to rework it.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A bit confusing. What does "Convert 4 Yellow AP" mean?

I like his passive green a lot, it's basically Hood defensively, but the player can just attack him first to negate it (which means, say, Hood is still there draining AP until he's downed). Offensively, he gives you a good reason to match his colors. I think his yellow sounds more complicated than fun.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    A bit confusing. What does "Convert 4 Yellow AP" mean?

I like his passive green a lot, it's basically Hood defensively, but the player can just attack him first to negate it (which means, say, Hood is still there draining AP until he's downed). Offensively, he gives you a good reason to match his colors. I think his yellow sounds more complicated than fun.

The yellow is ravenous, and needs an ap steal. If not, it hurts him. He is feral when that timer is in play. So wing buffet deals damage because he is savagely stronger in that avian form.

But I wanted the strength of the avian form to determine the strength of the wing buffet damage.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    What if we changed Run The Numbers to Savage Engineer at a cost of 6 AP. He creates attack.png tiles of low strength that damage the enemy each turn. And each turn, one gets destroyed and the enemy is drained of one AP.

It generates up to 4 attack.png tiles and never big damage ~ 30 per. But at max level, when hey are destroyed, he gains ~2 AP.

Ooh. What if you could place it? That would be a new mechanic. Gain the ap of the tile removed.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:

Ooh. What if you could place it? That would be a new mechanic. Gain the ap of the tile removed.
    This i like.. especially if we added CD tiles in to the replaceables