Lost rewards for re-doing nodes in Gauntlet

throvolos
throvolos Posts: 49
On Sat night (US time) I tried redoing a bunch of nodes in Alpine in the gauntlet, trying to nab some of those 500 ISO rewards. 8 tries, I received only 20 ISO, instead of any of the other 3 rewards I hadn't yet obtained.

Sunday night, I was able to get some of the rewards I was after, didn't receive the "default" 20 ISO at all.

Comments

• throvolos wrote:
    On Sat night (US time) I tried redoing a bunch of nodes in Alpine in the gauntlet, trying to nab some of those 500 ISO rewards. 8 tries, I received only 20 ISO, instead of any of the other 3 rewards I hadn't yet obtained.

Sunday night, I was able to get some of the rewards I was after, didn't receive the "default" 20 ISO at all.

I'm not sure how this equates to lost rewards. Can you please explain?

To me it sounds like you just ran through the nodes and didn't get the rewards that you wanted. In which case, are not lost rewards.

The node reward system works on a percentage system something like this: (This is just for demonstration purposes. Do not take these figures as the gospel.)

1st clear:
    70 ISO - 25% Chance
    100 ISO - 25% Chance
    250 ISO - 25% Chance
    500 ISO - 25% Chance

Once you get a reward, let's just say you got the 100 ISO, it gets replaced by 20 ISO. And looks something like this:

2nd Clear:
    70 ISO - 25% Chance
    20 ISO - 25% Chance
    250 ISO - 25% Chance
    500 ISO - 25% Chance

And if you are are lucky enough to get another actual in clear 2, let's say this time you nab the 250 ISO, then your chances for the next clear chance percentage would look like this:

Clear 3
    70 ISO - 25% Chance
    20 ISO - 25% Chance
    20 ISO - 25% Chance
    500 ISO - 25% Chance

At this point, you now have a 50% chance to pull 20 ISO and 25% chance to pull 70 ISO, and 25% chance to pull 500 ISO.
  • That's not how it works anymore. Each time you get 20 the change to get a real reward increases. They released that in a thread I read yesterday