Hulkbuster in Gauntlet and 4* question

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Insane scaling?
No health packs all the time?
Return of Bomb-Ultron playing Tetris again?
Deadpool in enemy teams showing your copy the finger?
Not enough Deadpool points to whale them all?

Yes!

Damn that was painful but I got him: Hulkbuster blackflag.png from Gauntlet!

I think it was a good decision to add a 4* as reward. I hope they continue to offer more ways to get 4* characters.

But now I have a First World problem:
I would like to have another usable 4* besides X-Force (yes, I haven't sold him). Fury is covered and 4hor will be covered in 6 days. So they were my choices. Looking at the power of HB I wonder if whaling on him is another valid option, now that I have all colors.

What do you guys think?

(I know, there are good 3* options in my roster as well.)

Comments

• Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Unless you have the money to burn--like literally, you would not care if you lit that money on fire--whaling doesn't seem to be a good idea. Ever. Look what happened to 4* Thor, X Force, Sentinel, et al.
  • Taganov wrote:
    Unless you have the money to burn--like literally, you would not care if you lit that money on fire--whaling doesn't seem to be a good idea. Ever. Look what happened to 4* Thor, X Force, Sentinel, et al.

As an ex Diablo 3 whale I can say that whether or not it's a good idea is usually the last deciding factor when spending money on a game. As far as I'm concerned having money to burn is exactly what makes a whale a whale... icon_lol.gif

For me at least, being a whale was all for instant gratification/paying for the enjoyment of the present and not about a long term return on my money. I was very aware that Diablo 3 would get patched, nerfed, buffed, and eventually introduce new level caps/expansions making all the things I spent money on absolutely USELESS as soon as they come out (Picture paying for a fully covered 4 star knowing that in a few months a new version of MPQ will come out making your current amazing 4 star a Bagman equivalent ) BUT I didn't care because I felt I got my money's worth during the time I was able to use what was purchased. Everyone has a different value of money and there is no right or wrong because everyone's situation is different.

To OP, if I was in your exact situation I'd probably whale icon_hulk.pngicon_ironman.png

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    As an ex Diablo 3 whale I can say that whether or not it's a good idea is usually the last deciding factor when spending money on a game. As far as I'm concerned having money to burn is exactly what makes a whale a whale... icon_lol.gif

For me at least, being a whale was all for instant gratification/paying for the enjoyment of the present and not about a long term return on my money. I was very aware that Diablo 3 would get patched, nerfed, buffed, and eventually introduce new level caps/expansions making all the things I spent money on absolutely USELESS as soon as they come out (Picture paying for a fully covered 4 star knowing that in a few months a new version of MPQ will come out making your current amazing 4 star a Bagman equivalent ) BUT I didn't care because I felt I got my money's worth during the time I was able to use what was purchased. Everyone has a different value of money and there is no right or wrong because everyone's situation is different.

Interesting, thanks.
    To OP, if I was in your exact situation I'd probably whale icon_hulk.pngicon_ironman.png

icon_mrgreen.gif

Hmm, both are cover maxed and hulk level maxed too. Maybe I missed clarifying my exact situation.

Just kidding icon_e_wink.gif.