Demolition team-up causing player damage

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
I just had most of my team wiped out after having the AI set off a Demolition team-up I placed. It was Gauntlet #36 (Dak3n, Cage, Falcon) and I was running 3Cap, Loki, and X-Force. I dropped the Demolition team-up and giggled as I saw one of the traps load up onto a match-4 I was planning to leave for the AI. Silly Luke Cage matches the line, and boom goes the dynamite! Except immediately afterward, something very strange happened. Several lines of tiles started matching away in random places on the board, each time doing several thousand points of damage to my team. It killed both Loki and X-Force and left Cap hurting. What the dilly, yo?

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    When the enemy activates your demolition traps, the trap-tiles are getting destroyed. Since it still is the enemy turn, cascade damage and AP is generated in the enemy teams favor.

( Similar thing happens when the enemy matches an XForce recovery tile )
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, but the cascade shouldn't be dealing four-digit damage per match.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    When the enemy activates your demolition traps, the trap-tiles are getting destroyed. Since it still is the enemy turn, cascade damage and AP is generated in the enemy teams favor.

( Similar thing happens when the enemy matches an XForce recovery tile )
    Yeah, but the cascade shouldn't be dealing four-digit damage per match.

My thoughts exactly. I don't remember precisely, but I don't think there were enough of Daken's tiles on the board to generate that much bonus damage. But then again, maybe I'm wrong. In any case it does highlight my frustration with these powers, like X-Force's Recovery: Why the hell do I end up coming out worse when my powers go off? icon_mad.gif