PVP point system...

First, let me start off by saying that, so far, I and many others are enjoying the new point system. While there are still many hold outs that would disagree, seems like the majority of players are happier with this change, myself included (again, so far). I will always give credit where credit is due.

However, the points disparity between what is being displayed, as opposed to what it actually being earned needs to seriously be looked at, and some kind of system needs to be put into place, that assures if a player pulls up a match for 45, they won't push through a match, just earn 7 points.

Many of us have experienced this in this PVP (Falcon). The worst one that I have faced was 55 point node that turned out to be 12 points. And it wasn't que'd for hours or days. I had just pulled it up, said "hell tiny-kitty yeah!" and jumped on it. And was very upset and sad that I won, limping away, only to have gained 12 frickin points.

Can you institute a points lock into the challengers side of PVP? It doesn't have to be crazy. Just a 15 minute window of time. If I Que up 3 matches, that should be about the max amount of time it would take me to hit all 3.

There are lots of matches that I would not have taken if I had known the true amount of points I was going to limp away from. I don't like having to use Health Packs on 12 point wins. 55 point wins, if I have to limp away and heal up, I can handle that.

Just my suggestion and opinion.

John Aaron

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    i rather have it team based rather then ranking base, fighting max characters should not be worth 12 points
  • Heartburn wrote:
    i rather have it team based rather then ranking base, fighting max characters should not be worth 12 points

Yeah, but then it gets even trickier. PVP scores go way down. The first players jump in at opening, save a seed team, climb to say 600-800 pts, then beat the seed team with their lowest ranking roster + loaner character, and now points are not being created in the system, they are only being hit for minor points, & no one can climb. Then you have a situation that is reversed to the current one, and the onset of earlier players have a significant edge over anyone who couldn't start at the very beginning. Plus you then have the same issue as before with people coordinating hops off of each other to boost points.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:

Yeah, but then it gets even trickier. PVP scores go way down. The first players jump in at opening, save a seed team, climb to say 600-800 pts, then beat the seed team with their lowest ranking roster + loaner character, and now points are not being created in the system, they are only being hit for minor points, & no one can climb. Then you have a situation that is reversed to the current one, and the onset of earlier players have a significant edge over anyone who couldn't start at the very beginning. Plus you then have the same issue as before with people coordinating hops off of each other to boost points.

Tried that, doesn't work. If you get beaten in the sub you have the seed saved in, seed disappears and retal node is there. Doesn't seem to matter that you have not fought in that sub at all.
  • It is a lot easier to get to 1000 pts now though. I had only gotten 1000 once before, now I've hit it 3 times. Usually what I do now is try to get to 1K right around the 24 hr mark, then throw up a shield and hope for the best. I don't have a problem spending 300 HP if its to get 2 color covers for a character I need.