"This will be your only compensation for this matter....."

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
"Your case is now closed. How would you rate our customer service?"

I received that from D3's CS, from a ticket that I put in about Turn To Smoke. A one time Taco Token, which ended up being 2* garbage, but that's besides the point. Even if it would have been a Hulkbuster or Iron Fist or KK cover, I would still feel the same way :

How can you tell a (possibly paying) customer that even though your company continually has them wasting time, effort, money, and other resources on a glitch that YOU created, which inconveniences them every 3 or 4 days that they are ONLY getting a one time (possibly ****) apology gesture?

Is that really what they think customer service entails?

Comments

• TLCstormz wrote:
    "Your case is now closed. How would you rate our customer service?"

I received that from D3's CS, from a ticket that I put in about Turn To Smoke. A one time Taco Token, which ended up being 2* garbage, but that's besides the point. Even if it would have been a Hulkbuster or Iron Fist or KK cover, I would still feel the same way :

How can you tell a (possibly paying) customer that even though your company continually has them wasting time, effort, money, and other resources on a glitch that YOU created, which inconveniences them every 3 or 4 days that they are ONLY getting a one time (possibly ****) apology gesture?

Is that really what they think customer service entails?

I think it's firmly established that players are viewed as quick resources and nothing else.

Watch the movie "thanks for smoking" and you'll see the how the customer base is really thought of.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I really wish I could sympathize with you, really I do. Yes, getting garbage from a taco token sucks. Yes, the response sucks.

The reality is that just about everyone else figured out how to get through those nodes and get their prizes. I probably use the least optimal 2* team (that doesn't include Bag Man) to get through the Big Enchilada (OBW, 2* Thor, level 80 2* Daken), and I have never burned through more than 5 health packs to get through it (even on "Turn to Bugs" days, though I admit to using damage boosts a couple times).

It was one thing when it was the Ultron event and there were people who missed their shot at a limited time reward because they were unable to play because the servers were overloaded. It's another to feel entitled to something you could have obtained with a little more perseverance but didn't bother.
  • Cymmina wrote:
    I really wish I could sympathize with you, really I do. Yes, getting garbage from a taco token sucks. Yes, the response sucks.

The reality is that just about everyone else figured out how to get through those nodes and get their prizes. I probably use the least optimal 2* team (that doesn't include Bag Man) to get through the Big Enchilada (OBW, 2* Thor, level 80 2* Daken), and I have never burned through more than 5 health packs to get through it (even on "Turn to Bugs" days, though I admit to using damage boosts a couple times).

It was one thing when it was the Ultron event and there were people who missed their shot at a limited time reward because they were unable to play because the servers were overloaded. It's another to feel entitled to something you could have obtained with a little more perseverance but didn't bother.
    The point isn't about one day on DDQ. It's about as a team of Devs that think "we need x amount of cash per month, what can we change to get there right now no matter how much we deficate on real people to do it?"
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Deadp wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

The point isn't about one day on DDQ. It's about as a team of Devs that think "we need x amount of cash per month, what can we change to get there right now no matter how much we deficate on real people to do it?"

Are you trying to imply that the devs intentionally introduced Turn to Bugs as a crash grab? I think that's the most tinfoil theory I think I've seen posted on this forum.
  • Wait. You actually got compensated for that? And I can't even get compensated for the outages? Or my actually lost Taco Tokens? icon_eek.gif

I... it... I... can't... [throws computer across room...]

Tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny... kitty.

Forget quitting MPQ, I'm thinking it might be better for me to just quit the forum. icon_rolleyes.gificon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Cymmina wrote:

The bug was only part the issue. The token was only slightly an issue. It was the response of the customer service team that is what is most disturbing, because we all know that the CS Team does not get to create their own messages, they are prepared for them, to copy and paste into the emails. I understand the OP's frustration. I submitted a ticket too after about 10 Health Packs. I was able to later get there, mostly because other forumites had figured out work-arounds.

It wasn't just 1 bug. It was 2 bugs that created a compounded problem for even players with stacked rosters. The first bug was TTS, where it would just keep rolling if you hit a cascade. And Goddess bless your little soul if you took them both out in the same turn followed by a cascade. They created a board even Storm would be jealous of. The second bug was that even stunned, they still created TTS. So they could wipe an entire team of even 166's by the 2nd wave. That was NOT "working as intended." It was even acknowledged by the Devs that both bugs had "some how" made it past QA testers.

I ran into the same problems. Both my A & B teams are 166's. My C team is 140's. And if absolutely necessary, my D & E teams are maxed 2*'s.

I wiped every single team with that bug, and throughout the course of the day, used well over 15 healthpacks (I stopped counting at 15. And all regen's - none bought) before I finally beat DPDQ. Which pretty much kept me from doing any other event that day. (Not sure why I was so focused on that particular cover, but apparently I needed it.)

I bet a lot of players wiped themselves out just as hard working for that cover. So for the CS Teams response to be "That's all..." is very dismissive of the customer base. Even if we mean very little to the Devs and the overall scheme of things, dismissive CS responses like that are problematic and indicative of a much bigger issue. Especially considering that the CS Team can only respond with pre-prepared statements that come from most likely someone on the Dev Team. I can blame the CS Team for their slowness. I, however, cannot blame them for the prepared statements that they are required to give. That is out of their hands.
  • Cymmina wrote:

That's great, but I was on my casual account when they had the 3 up in smoke ninjas on the first screen for Colossus' Black cover. My Casual account only has four 2*; Storm, Thor, OBW and Wolvie. Not much choice there, and Storm's yellow defense would undoubtedly go off every turn, and all I could hope for was Lighting Strike to hopefully take out the attack tiles. That day, was the first day I didn't get the cover on that account.
  • Cymmina wrote:
    Deadp wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

Are you trying to imply that the devs intentionally introduced Turn to Bugs as a crash grab? I think that's the most tinfoil theory I think I've seen posted on this forum.

No I never implied that but basic reading comprehension isn't a universal gift either.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, I'd have been grateful for a Taco token.
    I sent a note in saying I'd shielded, got attacked and lost points on more than one occasion, one time making me lose out on top 25 position...and I just got an explaination of how the servers work and a "How would you rate our customer service?" e-mail to follow up.

I got nuthin, man.
  • In my view, their customer services levels went really **** post Ultron. I too submitted a ticket after that mess and received a form letter back. When I followed up with why I felt that wasn't appropriate, I received another form letter stating that it was closed and to rate them.

While I get that a form letter was likely appropriate due to the quantity of issues with Ultron, when a customer takes the time to follow up and lay out points why this was not right, a second form letter says that you are nothing more than a wallet to them. Personally, I had never had a feeling like that in my prior dealings with customer service.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    papa07 wrote:
    In my view, their customer services levels went really **** post Ultron. I too submitted a ticket after that mess and received a form letter back. When I followed up with why I felt that wasn't appropriate, I received another form letter stating that it was closed and to rate them.

While I get that a form letter was likely appropriate due to the quantity of issues with Ultron, when a customer takes the time to follow up and lay out points why this was not right, a second form letter says that you are nothing more than a wallet to them. Personally, I had never had a feeling like that in my prior dealings with customer service.

Yeah, same. Whenever I'd had an issue they were usually quick to help out. It took long enough for them to even *reply* to my note.

I remember the first time I had asked for help with something I got a heroic token and some ISO. The token luckily had a blue spider man cover in it, so I was happy with the result, yessiree. It's not something I *expect* to happen, I'm not an entitled little bugger. For my issue, all I wanted was the Doctor Octopus cover I'd felt I'd been cheated out of.

I mean, if you shield, you expect from that point on to not lose points. I use shields when an event's nearly over, I play and get as many points as possible in the last 3 hours and then shield. So...to lose 27 points, thus knocking me below the top 25 rank, I'd needed to have unshielded, fought more with characters I'd already work out, bought a *more expensive* shield since the 3 hour was on cooldown, and then hope the problem of losing points when shielded didn't happen again.
  • Whatever company they are outsourcing CS to, it's time to change it. They are terrible.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't know if others here play Monster Strike or Puzzles and Dragons, but those two (I think run by the same company) know how to do customer service. Holy ****. If there's even a hiccup they are like "Here, have some stuff". They are fantastic. D3 could learn a LOT by watching how those two games are run.
  • LavaManLee wrote:
    Don't know if others here play Monster Strike or Puzzles and Dragons, but those two (I think run by the same company) know how to do customer service. Holy ****. If there's even a hiccup they are like "Here, have some stuff". They are fantastic. D3 could learn a LOT by watching how those two games are run.

Haven't dealt with those two in particular, but there's no shortage of examples to follow re: mobile game CS.

Halfbrick & Kiloo come to mind, and even Gamevil, who has a less than stellar overall rep.

Heck, in one title by Gamevil I've played for a while, I think they practically embarrass players into not complaining. Every single outage (including every single update, patch, etc.), be it for a day or an hour, leads to players across the board being showered with cards, currency, special items, PvP shields (vaults)... the difference is pretty striking, and those guys aren't even known for being all that interested in their player base. Of course, the biggest irony is how easy it is to spend money on their titles, because, well, yeah.

As for Halfbrick, beyond their normal CS behaviors, which have been great, I had a relatively minor issue and ended up escalated to one of the "big three" at the time back in the day. Coolest guy ever, and boy, did he take care of me. To this day, whenever a new title of theirs drops I download it and toss them some extra cash, simply because of that single experience... yeah, different.

DBC
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    "

There are paying customers and non-paying players. There are no possibly paying customers. They can tell on the system which you are, and if you have been playing for months without contributing anything then I don't know why you expect better 'customer service' which would be reserved for customers. Which you aren't.

It's a game, you are meant to be playing for entertainment so the concepts of time and effort are largely irrelevant. I had great fun playing soccer for 90 minutes but then they didn't have pennants avilable so the 90 minutes were now 'wasted time and effort'? WHere did the entertainment and fun I had go? How did not getting extra rewards make those things go away retroactively?
  • Did the same thing, sent in a ticket for the issue, got the same reply, my favorite part was that the specifics got ignored and the ticket was closed immediately, but they still sent out a follow up email asking if i was satisfied with the mostly automated response to the issue. The problem with handing out stuff all the time is that people will start to expect it, and will start bringing up tiny inconveniences expecting free tokens, but at the same time, since the draw rates on tokens are so terrible, (yes even now, when I can stockpile and turn in 16+ taco tokens and get nothing, or pull 1 3* from two consecutive 10 pack season rewards, they're bad) that they can give out heroic tokens like candy and it wouldn't seriously impact the game all that much for most people. There's still plenty of people talking about hitting day 400+ and not being able to build 3* characters.

When you get right down to it, the support is about as motivated as the development team in general, it's passable, they do the job just as well as need be, but they definitely won't be winning any awards. Response times are decent, seems to consistently be about 2 days from the time I open the ticket to when I get a reply, not great, but not bad unless it's a catastrophic issue, in which case they'll probably be busy with a whole lot of other complaints and I can't fault them for that.

- As clarification, I've been experiencing a different twist that others aren't mentioning that I've seen so far, where turn to smoke will randomly activate AS I'M KILLING THEM, aka not 5 times when I've managed to down one. By turn 7 or so, after I let a single threaten tile go through, they insta-cast Turn To Smoke 3 for 3 consecutive turns while all 3 were still above 80% health, effectively adding 1300 or so damage per turn, I was mostly curious when it'd end... It didn't. I sent back a clarification and I'm waiting to see what they say, or if the ticket will even be re-opened.
  • considering I STILL haven't gotten my Earth's Mightiest Heroes compensation, yeah it's **** customer service.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Cymmina wrote:
    I really wish I could sympathize with you, really I do.

It's another to feel entitled to something you could have obtained with a little more perseverance but didn't bother.

lol. And now that the bug has been in SEVERAL of the DDQs, as well as PvE missions, I'm sure your spirit remains the same, correct?
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

It's another to feel entitled to something you could have obtained with a little more perseverance but didn't bother.

lol. And now that the bug has been in SEVERAL of the DDQs, as well as PvE missions, I'm sure your spirit remains the same, correct?

Is it really a bug at this point? I am a developer and a "bug" like this in my world would be fixed quickly by a hotfix. This "bug" has been around since last patch, and I am thinking they are testing the functionality for a permanent addition to the game.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    traedoril wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

Is it really a bug at this point? I am a developer and a "bug" like this in my world would be fixed quickly by a hotfix. This "bug" has been around since last patch, and I am thinking they are testing the functionality for a permanent addition to the game.

The fix for this bug is mentioned in the patch notes stickied at the top of this forum.