When you have maxxed covers whats the point in playing

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
anymore. I see tons of people who have 5 of each color in the PVE field. Whats the point of even wanting to make top 50 or even top 10 (knowing you cant do top 1-2) i mean the covers do you no good.

Been here right round 7 months and have a few max cover wise 3 stars and have no interest in every trying to max out 4 stars, Really what is the point of playing anymore once you max out all of your 3 star covers

(besides new covers)

still got another 5 days to do with nothing to play (wont do gaunlet cause one, i know i will never complete stage 3 and for the little reward they give you its not worth the time or hassle)

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    anymore. I see tons of people who have 5 of each color in the PVE field. Whats the point of even wanting to make top 50 or even top 10 (knowing you cant do top 1-2) i mean the covers do you no good.

Been here right round 7 months and have a few max cover wise 3 stars and have no interest in every trying to max out 4 stars, Really what is the point of playing anymore once you max out all of your 3 star covers

(besides new covers)

still got another 5 days to do with nothing to play (wont do gaunlet cause one, i know i will never complete stage 3 and for the little reward they give you its not worth the time or hassle)

For some people, it is for glory and bragging rights.

For other people, it's the HP and ISO, which is hard to come by unless you pay for it sometimes.

And for others, like myself, even if I don't need the cover, and someone in my Alliance does, and their roster might be more limited, so I will push a little harder to help make sure they get it. Our entire Alliance works this way. I have an amazing Alliance, they did it for me when I started playing (They took me in with barely a 2*, and they were a Top 100 back then, Top 25-50 now), so I also do it to pay it forward to help the next person out.

• For other people, it's the HP and ISO, which is hard to come by unless you pay for it sometimes.

This is pretty much it right there. The HP and ISO lets you max those few characters you DON'T have maxed out and build up the new releases more quickly. If you want to keep playing, you're gonna need several million handfuls of HP for roster slots alone. If you are F2P you need to scrape up the HP wherever you can find it.
  • to earn Iso. Wait I guess you mean if you're roster is tricked out um.... icon_e_surprised.gif
  • you were right OP, there's no point, new hero another grindfest by the time we make it 5/13 cover and then there's another new hero, oh of course another stress.

i see some inconsistency in the game(like doing unnecessary slight change and ignoring big issue)

gauntlet?, duh i play the first and second gauntlet(only made into 3rd map first essential) and after that never touch any gauntlet even the current one with IMHB as reward(4*=sitting duck or 2,5k hp per cover)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    The amount of covers I can use is getting a lot smaller. I still play the game, because I like playing a match 3 game with Marvel characters. I like seeing what I've accomplished in the past couple of months, and have that work pay off by having the characters to use. I still play because I am in alliances that I like to contribute towards, where some people aren't as far as I am in the amount of covers they have. Plenty of reasons to still play. And...

7f1ae5fc4b49c8412bb6f8f90888ce962bb8a257dc64e6bdb8d76fea211add64.jpg
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Pretty much imcoin.png & iso8.png for those who needs them to level maxed cover characters or those that already has completed roster to hoarde enough resources & straight out dump them on new character releases.
  • Or, if you're extremely competitive, you figure everything you win was something someone else didn't, and hoarding all the goodies accumulates into competitive advantage.

Note, this ain't how I roll, but just saying it's a philosophy I have seen expressed. As for me, if I see a player in my PVP bracket that obviously needs a progression I don't, they can have it.

Can you and I start coordinating our PvP slices? icon_redface.gif

Pure class. A bit shocking to read, but man, is that class. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Or, if you're extremely competitive, you figure everything you win was something someone else didn't, and hoarding all the goodies accumulates into competitive advantage.

Note, this ain't how I roll, but just saying it's a philosophy I have seen expressed. As for me, if I see a player in my PVP bracket that obviously needs a progression I don't, they can have it.

Pure class. A bit shocking to read, but man, is that class. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

DBC

DBC I think you will find this is more common than you think. Most of the top players, if they already have the cover, will give way to someone who needs it. Most often I am contacted and asked, if it is a player who hasn't played against me previously, and I will let them have a cover they need and I don't. Once you've worked your way to the top I'm not there to stand in your way.

To the OP I play for more iso so i can max level new characters as soon as I get them. I also play to allow my alliance mates the opportunity to earn a cover they need to make their roster stronger and our team stronger.

One thing you can consider is there is no one right way to play MPQ; just a right way for each one of us.
  • If I had everyone maxed then I would stop playing. Which is why I am strictly F2P player with this game.

However, with the rate they release characters, I doubt someone can claim they have all of them maxed a few weeks after they come out, if they have spent a small fortune.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women.

Either that or because matching gems is kinda fun.
  • slidecage wrote:

(besides new covers)

For other people, it's the HP and ISO, which is hard to come by unless you pay for it sometimes.

And for others, like myself, even if I don't need the cover, and someone in my Alliance does, and their roster might be more limited, so I will push a little harder to help make sure they get it. Our entire Alliance works this way. I have an amazing Alliance, they did it for me when I started playing (They took me in with barely a 2*, and they were a Top 100 back then, Top 25-50 now), so I also do it to pay it forward to help the next person out.

I have a very very very hard time understanding what bragging right is there to have to finishing #1 or top 10 in a simple match 3 game like this.
  • Or, if you're extremely competitive, you figure everything you win was something someone else didn't, and hoarding all the goodies accumulates into competitive advantage.

DBC

DBC I think you will find this is more common than you think. Most of the top players, if they already have the cover, will give way to someone who needs it. Most often I am contacted and asked, if it is a player who hasn't played against me previously, and I will let them have a cover they need and I don't. Once you've worked your way to the top I'm not there to stand in your way.

To the OP I play for more iso so i can max level new characters as soon as I get them. I also play to allow my alliance mates the opportunity to earn a cover they need to make their roster stronger and our team stronger.

One thing you can consider is there is no one right way to play MPQ; just a right way for each one of us.

Not the crazy people in my bracket for this PVP. Top 3 are at 1600+ points, all 3 have 4* Thor maxed covered and leveled so none of them have any need for the 1st place reward, and they all have Starlord max covered as well. The HP used to buy shields to get to 1600+ points is far more than the HP reward from finishing 1st. From Top 3 to Top 10, all at 1200+ points and only one of them actually have a need for the 1000 point Starlord progression reward.
  • slidecage wrote:

(besides new covers)

I have a very very very hard time understanding what bragging right is there to have to finishing #1 or top 10 in a simple match 3 game like this.
    I've found there's not much to understand here. Some people treat MPQ like a fulltime job. Epeen bragging very seldom makes "sense". icon_e_geek.gificon_e_ugeek.gif
  • I have a very very very hard time understanding what bragging right is there to have to finishing #1 or top 10 in a simple match 3 game like this.
    Try doing it, and see if you feel any sort of accomplishment when/if you actually do it.
  • daibar wrote:
    Try doing it, and see if you feel any sort of accomplishment when/if you actually do it.
    No thanks, not interested in finishing 1st just for the sake of finishing 1st
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:

(besides new covers)

Some like playing with friends.

Some like playing the game.

Most are just sado masochists making their way in the world.