Player Ranking and Time Left Questions

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there any way in the game to accomplish the following (please note, I play on an iPhone so this might be a limitation of the app):

* Find out the ranking/point total of all the people above me in an event? Right now, I can see me, and I can see the top people, but I have no idea of anybody inbetween. Would be helpful when trying to decide how far to push and when to shield.

* Find out the exact time left in an event? On the iPhone, I see something like "1 day, 8 hours". But I can't tell how much time that really is.

Again, I may be missing something simple but any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    LavaManLee wrote:
    * Find out the ranking/point total of all the people above me in an event? Right now, I can see me, and I can see the top people, but I have no idea of anybody inbetween.
    You can't. We were said it would be too much work for the servers iirc. So you can only see scores around yours plus the top 10
    LavaManLee wrote:
    * Find out the exact time left in an event? On the iPhone, I see something like "1 day, 8 hours". But I can't tell how much time that really is.
    Actually I don't understand. Are you saying "1 day, 8 hours" isn't precise enough? In your example "1 day, 8 hours" means 32 hours left. What information do you seek?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree they should add the following current point levels somewhere: 25th, 50th, 100th, 300th. those are the ones people care about (50th could even be left off). if they just add that, it would help a ton.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    I agree they should add the following current point levels somewhere: 25th, 50th, 100th, 300th. those are the ones people care about (50th could even be left off). if they just add that, it would help a ton.
    While it would help us out greatly and I would welcome it, I would not welcome the additional server lag and concurrent consequences it would create.

Whenever you look at scores (yours or top) it makes a call to the server. If they broaden those ranges the server gets more load which means more outages can (and will) occur.

This was addressed in one of the dev video Q&As
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    mjh wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    While it would help us out greatly and I would welcome it, I would not welcome the additional server lag and concurrent consequences it would create.

Whenever you look at scores (yours or top) it makes a call to the server. If they broaden those ranges the server gets more load which means more outages can (and will) occur.

This was addressed in one of the dev video Q&As

So cache it for 5 minutes for every bracket. It's not that much overhead and a max 5 minute delay is insignificant in practice.