Alliance chat

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2015 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
My fellow commanders and I are all seeing only parts (and different parts) of conversations going on in alliance chat.

I know alliance chat room isn't anything special but given the stunning lack of functionality and features I have to ask - if it can't even display messages so every alliance member can see them then it's worse than useless because we only discovered it by accident when we thought someone was having a breakdown live in front of us.

If it fixing it you could make it more useful (ie allow predictive text and spell check) that would be nice but if it's going to exist it atleast doing its most basic function would be good please

Comments

• It's also be nice if we could talk to pending members before we accept them.
  • Platzy
    Platzy Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Seeing that there is already a similar topic, I'll add my issues to that:
    Alliance chat for me has a horrible delay in receiving (and mabe also sending?) messages by hours and in some cases even days.
    I see messages pop up and a day or so later, I can suddenly see a preceding message that he first message was answering to. So it seems that it does not apply equally to all messages and maybe also not to every player.
    Is this a known issue and has there been any official word on this?
  • TodayMorning
    TodayMorning Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I'm seeing this too and it's become worse recently. After updating I got messages as far back as 15 hours prior.

Killing the app does not update the chat. It seems to me we need a way to force a refresh (pull down and release is standard on iOS)

If anyone figures out a workaround or a way to prevent it I'd love to hear it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm seeing this too and it's become worse recently. After updating I got messages as far back as 15 hours prior.

Killing the app does not update the chat. It seems to me we need a way to force a refresh (pull down and release is standard on iOS)

If anyone figures out a workaround or a way to prevent it I'd love to hear it.

On my ipad, force closing and reopening the app does refresh the chat, haven't tried on my phone.
  • pinoles
    pinoles Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Likewise - killing the app used to work for my iPhone, but not any more ... if anyone knows any more I too would love to hear about it ...
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Do you play MPQ on multiple devices? 'Cause I see this happen because I have multiple devices. It seems that the alliance chats only download once. So if some of them download to my tablet, then I switch to my phone later, the phone does not see the messages that were downloaded to the tablet earlier. Same goes when I switch back: the tablet doesn't see the messages that were downloaded to the phone.

This is especially prevalent on messages I post. Messages I post from my tablet NEVER show on my phone and chats I put in from my phone NEVER show on my tablet. Messages my alliance mates post seem hit or miss. Some show on both, but some do not.
  • I have this same issue. Only play on one device-IPhone 5s;IOS9.1
    Messages not showing from other members and then might show up hours or days later. Killing and restarting the App used to work. But this no longer fixes the problem. Also it occasionally will double post my messages. This has been going on for 4-5 months at least.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Same problem here. iOS 9.02, however force quit and restart still works to refresh the new messages.