Dear RNG:

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I was just going through my training spreadsheet, and I noticed that I have a handful of 3* characters who have only two of their three powers covered. Now, you've generally been pretty good to me, and I don't really have cause for complaint, but if you could see it within you to see to it that the following find their way into my tokens, I'd be enormously grateful:

icon_blackpanther.pngbluetile.png
icon_bullseye.pngblacktile.png (yeah he's on the bench right now but he'll have a roster spot shortly)
icon_doctoroctopus.pngbluetile.png
icon_ironfist.pnggreentile.png
icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowtile.png
icon_quicksilver.pnggreentile.png
icon_scarletwitch.pngbluetile.png
icon_vision.pngyellowtile.png

Especially, y'know, that icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowtile.png . It hurts that I don't have one of those yet. Like, in my soul, man.

Thanks for listening, RNG.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the nice thing about DDQ - in about 120 days, you'll have one of every 3* cover. Meaning three of every cover in about a year of beating DDQ daily.

Which is much better than it was - at a year and a half and almost one full DDQ set done, I still only have two covers for a couple of powers.
  • DFiPL
    Kamala Khan is up in 5 days!

...it's her green. sob.

Yeah, DDQ has been a godsend this way. I still only have two characters with 13 covers (Groot and Storm), but I have a number of characters who are pushing double digits now thanks to DDQ.
  • If it wasn't for DDQ, i would still be sitting on BP without any black covers... took well over a year for me to get my first one, and it was from DDQ...

So while i agree it would be nice if RNG wasn't quite so RNG to the point it i keep getting covers which i already have maxed, i still don't see D3 being that nice to us as to make our lives easier if they could make money off us by buying HP for covers we really want...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:

...it's her green. sob.

Yeah, DDQ has been a godsend this way. I still only have two characters with 13 covers (Groot and Storm), but I have a number of characters who are pushing double digits now thanks to DDQ.

pulled a green kamala off of a heroic this morning.. sold it.. my Kamala is 4/4/5.. so i will be selling my 4th or 5th of her green on DDQ this week.
  • DFiPL
    Malcrof wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

...it's her green. sob.

pulled a green kamala off of a heroic this morning.. sold it.. my Kamala is 4/4/5.. so i will be selling my 4th or 5th of her green on DDQ this week.

see, I don't MIND the green. I just want those annoying, annoying heals! I want her to be spamming healing every time one of my other heroes picks their nose!

I like her purple. I like her green. I lust after her yellow with the heat of a million suns going supernova. Oh well. Only another 7 weeks until I get another crack.

I repeated my experiment FOR SCIENCE of 110 standard token pulls, and RNG was ambivalent. 20 non-1* pulls this time, which topped the 17 I had last time, but only one 3*, down from the 3 I had last time. I did get four Moonstone covers, though, so she is now fully covered. And the 3* was a Blade, muchly appreciated.

The 250 HP I found in a tasty tasty taco does go some way towards making up for the drop in 3*. It means that when my Invisible Woman drops in a week or so, she'll only cost $5 to roster, keeping the slot within the impulse-buy range.

Of course, if RNG would like to bless me with a 1k HP or two more 250 HP tacos between now and then...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    My IF RNG (along with event rewards) hasn't been helpful: 2/3/5, finally pulled an IF today from a taco (now 1 for 90) - of course it was black (tossed), and another black to toss later this week.

KK RNG was helpful with: 5/3/4, 2 for 90 from tacos - but both were yellow and tossed, I can't not get yellow apparently. May just leave it at 5/3/5 for a better D matchup, and at least this DDQ week will finish her off.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    My IF RNG (along with event rewards) hasn't been helpful: 2/3/5, finally pulled an IF today from a taco (now 1 for 90) - of course it was black (tossed), and another black to toss later this week.

KK RNG was helpful with: 5/3/4, 2 for 90 from tacos - but both were yellow and tossed, I can't not get yellow apparently. May just leave it at 5/3/5 for a better D matchup, and at least this DDQ week will finish her off.

When it comes around again, 4/4/5 is a great build for her! Congrats on max covering her this week!

SG i have probably pulled 15 yellow covers for.. same with 3* Cap.. gets tiring selling the same covers over and over and over...
  • DFiPL
    Malcrof wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

When it comes around again, 4/4/5 is a great build for her! Congrats on max covering her this week!

SG i have probably pulled 15 yellow covers for.. same with 3* Cap.. gets tiring selling the same covers over and over and over...

I got my first noooooo whyyyyyyy 3* pull from a token the other day. A standard token, no less!

It was Deadpool. Awesome! I need one cover to finish him, if I'm not mistaken. It was "Life of the Party." I have 5 covers in that! Why couldn't it have been "A Little Off The Top" or "Whales" so he'd have 13 covers?
  • DFiPL
    Actually, he has 5 covers in Whales already so I pretty much just wish it had been "A Little Off The Top" so he'd be 3/5/5
  • DFiPL
    Dear RNG:

I got that icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowflag.png last night. I'm glad we had this little heart-to-heart. Let's not neglect the rest of the checklist, eh?

Love and kisses,

DFiPL