Disappointed

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I knew it wasn't likely and yet I still harbored a secret hope that they would jazz up Season XV. That they might pay a soupçon of attention to repeated pleas of players here for something more from the SHILED Sim. But alas, no ... It's the same old same old. I feel like this upcoming Q&A is a watershed for me and possibly others. If I don't get a real sense that they're truly listening, that they're working hard (now) to address the many issues that currently plague the game, then they are never going to.

I hope they do. I hope they answer the upvoted questions. I hope they answer them directly and with a minimum of spin. But I've hoped before and it only left me feeling empty and little foolish.

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    The Season SHIELD Simulator is shockingly unrewarding! icon_eek.gif

Now that we get matched with similar rosters from the very beginning on top of it, it is an even worst feeling of no return on investment. Earning a few star.png covers for a few hours of play over the weeks of the season is totally not worth it.

I've got a decent star.pngstar.pngstar.png roster now but I never got anywhere close to earning the star.pngstar.pngstar.png reward covers as I usually end up doing around 1300 or something & the only reason I actually care to do this much is to boost up our alliance season score when you think about it.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Must admit I had also hoped they would fix the simulator. It can be so much better. As always there have some great suggestions on the forum on how it can be overhauled.

The reward structure does not work. 1400 for venom, 2200 for a 2* .

Anyone who can ascend to that height has no need for these.

Also the thought of waking up in morning again to one point retaliation's means I am sitting this one out.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made the mistake of doing the seed teams in the Shield sim when it popped up yesterday... then battled some in Top gun, got to 600 total for the season, shielded top gun.. woke up to about 50 or 60 hits in the shield sim... i didn't bother counting.

this is insanity.. i can't even get to a match i can win without spending like 1k in skips in shield sim now, just because of all the retaliation chances it is giving me...
  • Malcrof wrote:
    I made the mistake of doing the seed teams in the Shield sim when it popped up yesterday... then battled some in Top gun, got to 600 total for the season, shielded top gun.. woke up to about 50 or 60 hits in the shield sim... i didn't bother counting.

this is insanity.. i can't even get to a match i can win without spending like 1k in skips in shield sim now, just because of all the retaliation chances it is giving me...

If you skip a retaliation it does not cost ISO. Retaliation skips are free.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    traedoril wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

If you skip a retaliation it does not cost ISO. Retaliation skips are free.

Yup i know.. but apparently only myself, and people with level 270's are in the simulator right now.. same 5 or 6 teams no matter what i do, nothing i can beat.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    ... I feel like this upcoming Q&A is a watershed for me and possibly others. If I don't get a real sense that they're truly listening, that they're working hard (now) to address the many issues that currently plague the game, then they are never going to. ...

Before the MMR, Health Boost Change, and 4Thor/Xforce nerf, I was excited about playing this game and trying to progress. After those changes I find little reason to play.

I didn't expect those changes could dampen my enthusiasm, but they removed the feeling of progression and advancement Puzzle Quest is known for.

The point change from retreat-gate is only needed because they've made the game such a chore that people worked to find a way around actually playing the game.
  • Shield Sim exists for scrubs like me to just barely hit the 10 pack heroic reward icon_cry.gif
  • Last couple seasons all I've done in the SHIELD Simulator is get the last few hundred points I've needed to get the last season progression award - I think about 700 points two seasons ago, about 500 last season. I'm getting sharded into such difficult season brackets - those 7500+ points last season weren't even good enough for top 250 - that there's no point in trying any harder than that. It's just a waste of time.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shield Sim exists for scrubs like me to just barely hit the 10 pack heroic reward icon_cry.gif
    At least you got those. Pre-MMR changes, I hit 4000 season points twice in a row. In the two seasons since, I've barely hit 3000. And I mean 'barely', as in 'scrounging Shield SIM on the last night to find a winnable match to get me over the line'.

This season's 3K is Bullseye so I may not even bother to try for that if the first few PvPs go sour on me.
  • Shield Sim exists for scrubs like me to just barely hit the 10 pack heroic reward icon_cry.gif
    At least you got those. Pre-MMR changes, I hit 4000 season points twice in a row. In the two seasons since, I've barely hit 3000. And I mean 'barely', as in 'scrounging Shield SIM on the last night to find a winnable match to get me over the line'.

This season's 3K is Bullseye so I may not even bother to try for that if the first few PvPs go sour on me.

icon_e_sad.gif I skipped last season and just started this season and it's already reminding me why I skipped last season icon_lol.gif
  • Honest question, has anyone ever actually been able to benefit (beyond making up last-minute season points) from Shield Sim?

I ask because anyone even remotely interested in virtually all the rewards would have difficulty getting them (1* progression rewards HOW far up the progression chain?), and anyone able to do relatively well in it has long since abandoned any interest in virtually all of the progression rewards (2*, 3*, or even 4* players fighting for an endless stream of 100 ISO 1* cards?)...

I guess I just don't understand why the devs insist on even including it?

DBC
  • Honest question, has anyone ever actually been able to benefit (beyond making up last-minute season points) from Shield Sim?

I ask because anyone even remotely interested in virtually all the rewards would have difficulty getting them (1* progression rewards HOW far up the progression chain?), and anyone able to do relatively well in it has long since abandoned any interest in virtually all of the progression rewards (2*, 3*, or even 4* players fighting for an endless stream of 100 ISO 1* cards?)...

DBC

I was able to obtain the star.pngstar.pngstar.png last 2 times I tried for it. Other than that it's a 10 pack points cashcow for me
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honest question, has anyone ever actually been able to benefit (beyond making up last-minute season points) from Shield Sim?

DBC

Benefit only in the sense that if I have completed a run of nodes in PvE, got to top 30 in PvP, done Deadpool's Daily and find I have a few health packs and healthy characters left, I'll leap in there and try to get some points. It's nice getting 30-50 points for what could sometimes be an easy fight.

But benefit in terms of progression rewards? Not at all. There have been times I'd like to get the last two 3* covers, but usually my guys are beaten up from the day's activities (or I've already spent 2 hours playing and want to do something else) so I don't put any time in it.

For me, it's a way to reach the season's progression faster. I get nothing out of the sim's own progression rewards excetpt free ISO and some HP.