What's The Worst Possible Gauntlet Node?

Nooneelsesname
Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Demiurge, by reading this thread you are agreeing that any team combinations contained in the following posts will not appear in future versions of The Gauntlet. Blink to consent to these terms. Good, thank you.

Mine's lvl 395 Deadpool CStorm Kishu.

Pretty much any answer has to have Deadpool so you can't whale it.

This team has two characters you want to down right away with a third character who won't let you. You have to chip away at him or else CStorm eats you alive. And the two characters do AoE damage - Prof X can't hide in the corner. So chip away at DP while denying blue, then move on to CStorm and by that time Kishu has put Caltrops all over the board that do a billion damage each.

Watcha got?

Edit: Tightened up the EULA, which of course applies retroactively.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 395 She Hulk / Loki or OBW / Hood. You'd never fire an ability, ever. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Any most annoying node is going to involve Deadpool since the answer to annoying nodes is Whales and that only works if Deadpool isn't on the enemy team. And of course the most annoying Deadpool is one who is fed Red and Purple.

This would be my most hated Gauntlet node ever: Analyst, Deadpool, Professor X. Analyst generates Red and Purple, eventually PX is invisible and Deadpool rains down fiery destruction with ALOtT generating PX tiles he can buff until Whales is finally charged and everybody dies. And you can't use Deadpool OR Professor X to fix your problem.

Sidebar: We have a member of our alliance called Nonnel. Every time I see your name I see "Nonnel's Name", which I find hilarious since the universe's irony generator literally turned No-One-Else's-Name into someone else's name.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Deadpool/Luke Cage/Juggs
    or
    DP/LC/Hood

Fun Bonus: Rage of the Panther as a Level 395 Teamup!

Deadpool protects the other two party members from the big attacks (and no whales), Luke Cage makes a pretty much permanent protect tile to make your basic matches do no damage and he hits you with the yellow and black. Red (Active: DP, Jugg; Passive: LC), Blue (Passive: Hood), Purple (Active: DP), Yellow (Active: LC, Hood), Black (Active: LC, Hood; Passive DP), and Green (Active: Jugg).

Juggs has that nasty headbutt and cheap board crashing which will lead to a ton of AP generation and make it difficult to keep any of your own special tiles alive. Juggs is alone on the Greens, so it will get used a lot.

Hood will just sit back and rob you of your AP until you can down Deadpool to start hitting his friends. Even then, Luke Cage is going to slow that down and you are going to need to still watch out to ensure that they aren't collecting any yellow AP for Luke.
  • I think it both very nice and masochistic of you to help the Devs design the end nodes for the next iteration of the Gauntlet.
  • Buret0
    If Deadpool is the mandatory enemy team-up power, does that also lock deadpool?

Because if so, I would say:

KK, DD, PX with a whales team-up.

Devil Dinosaur just keeps using his tiny arms on his purple to heal the team and create PX tiles.

DD, Starlord, PX or KK with a whales team-up.

Everyone with me gets cast, DD can use his tiny arms move for 1 AP?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    To echo my post in the Gauntlet event thread:
    Deadpool / Ultron Prime / Iron Fist : Control Shift team-up
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    395 icon_starlord.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_kamalakhan.png

4AP ALotT into KK heals while SL's yellow is active. It also makes her green accelerator 6AP into hurtful 10AP green AoE.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Lvl 395 She Hulk / Loki or OBW / Hood. You'd never fire an ability, ever. icon_e_surprised.gif

Teamups bro, all about the team ups. Luckily, I don't believe any of them can get rid of team up AP. Just bring a black xforce team up and you are good.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop giving them ideas!

I agree that deadpool is probably a key ingrediant. But i also think that rainbow coverage and fast abilities are also factors that make teams annoying.

So deadpool, Cyclops, she hulk? That would be fast annoying skills on red and green. Red acceleration. A massive black nuke, a massive purple aoe, a green ap steal, blue special tile steal. The red stack of abilities is unfortunate, but with red accellerarion, you may still get enough to use optic blasts every once in a while. And you can't go after Cyclops until deadpool is down.

Maybe not better than some of the other teams above (dp, prof X, goon could be nasty), but I think it would be surprisingly mean, given how much people disliked she hulk pre buff.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think it both very nice and masochistic of you to help the Devs design the end nodes for the next iteration of the Gauntlet.

That's why I put the first sentence as an EULA. We're totally covered.
  • notamutant wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Teamups bro, all about the team ups. Luckily, I don't believe any of them can get rid of team up AP. Just bring a black xforce team up and you are good.

Loki, while not activated on TU matches, can steal TUAP. She Hulk can also angerpants away TUAP.

This node is also not that particularly scary, with only 2 colors that deal damage. Just bring IF/Luke Cage/Deadpool and take all the yellow and red. ALOtT into Righteous Uppercut to kill folks. If they are destroying your yellow and red with green, at least they aren't stealing it, and IF/Cage can take down this node over time with passives.
  • Buret0
    Lerysh wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

Loki, while not activated on TU matches, can steal TUAP. She Hulk can also angerpants away TUAP.

Mystique is the only other one that steals team up, iirc. However, she is limited to taking away one TUT when you make a TU match, so not really an effective preventative measure.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    notamutant wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:

This node is also not that particularly scary, with only 2 colors that deal damage. Just bring IF/Luke Cage/Deadpool and take all the yellow and red. ALOtT into Righteous Uppercut to kill folks. If they are destroying your yellow and red with green, at least they aren't stealing it, and IF/Cage can take down this node over time with passives.

Alternately, for an enemy team like this that doesn't have a lot of offensive power, but does have ap steal, you can just go with a passively powered team like patch/laken/falcon (especially if falcon is underleveled so patch covers yellow). That team laughs at ap theft while generating and buffing strike tiles all day long. Just deny red and black as necessary to avoid trickery/aoe damage.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's lvl 395 Deadpool CStorm Kishu.

Watcha got?

A counter, at least in this event. Scarlet - 260 Mystique - Spidey.

Objective (obviously) is generate purple fast and furious. Get Spidey's tiles out to eat as much of the damage as possible. Stun (all tied up, shapeshift) and destroy with Masterstroke.

I mean, this would be super annoying, probably take a few tries, but this would be doable.

395 Analyst - 395 Analyst - 395 Deadpool would easily be worse to deal with, as are most villian-double goon feeder nodes.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I hate every team you guys proposed and by association all of you guys. I'm going to go back to playing the Elmo game exclusively.
  • Kingpin + Don + Don. Mwahahaha!
  • I dunno, putting Tetris Ultron + anything is a pretty big middle finger to the players.

Which is in the actual gauntlet right now.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    sometimes i think the guy creating the gauntlet nodes is the only one at d3 who knows the game. no need to give them ideas for more nasty teamups.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    My conclusion after seeing these guesses, and comparing to what the last node on this Gauntlet actually turned out to be, is that the devs are way more evil than you guys...
  • Kingpin / Hood / Don