Season XIV tokens. All of them.

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Remember me? The guy that opened all his tokens for season XI, XII, and XIII in one go? Well, once more I have hoarded all the tokens I earned from season XIV and opened them all at once. For those interested, here are the interesting results; 3* and 4* only. I've changed my methodology slightly to provide slightly more granular information. Token types are simply listed as they appeared in my stash and not according to any ordering. I've added in how many of each type of token in parentheses after the name. Enjoy!
  • 168 Silver tokens
  • 2 Heroic 10-packs
  • 54 mixed gold tokens
The pulls:
Silver tokens
She-Hulk (blue)
Ragnarok (blue)
Storm (yellow)
Hulk (green)
Loki (purple)

Gold Heroic tokens (16)
Human Torch (green)
Beast (yellow)
Ragnarok (red)
Captain Marvel (yellow)
Hulkbuster (black)

Heroic 10-packs (2)
Punisher (black)
Iron Fist (purple), Sentry (yellow), Deadpool (purple), Ragnarok (blue)

Simulator (2)
Storm (black)

Dark Avengers: Heroic (3)
Loki (black)
Vision (yellow)

The Hulk (3)
Scarlet Witch (purple)
Cyclops (red)

Enemy of the State (5)
Patch (red)

Smash Back (3)
Falcon (yellow)
Iron Fist (green)

Weapon: Tex-Mex (2)
Deadpool (black)
Sentry (green)

The following tokens yielded nothing:
  • Thick as Thieves (3)
  • Made Man (1)
  • Real Steel (2)
  • Fresh Cut (2)
  • Oscorp: Heroic (1)
  • Predator & Prey (2)
  • Trial by Combat (2)
  • Real McCoy (1)
  • Eight is Enough (3)
  • Red Shift (2)
Grand Iso total from cover sales: 40,950

Observations and (purely subjective) conclusions
:
1) Largely opting out of PvE has dramatically decreased the number of tokens I have, both silver and gold. (222 total vs. 310 last season)
1a) My ability to enjoy the game has increased in inverse proportion to that. PvE is a sucker's game.
2) The increase in 3*/4* pulls is real as hell. A whopping 11% versus ~6.5% over the previous two seasons.
3) 10-packs are...weird. 1 in the first and 4 in the second balances out, but I'd probably feel better if it were balanced.
4) Despite the lower number of tokens, Iso sales remained stable. Perhaps next time I will track 2* pulls from silver to see if there's more to that.
5) I bet if IsoBros ran, it would kick **** as usual. icon_cool.gif I might even play it with conviction this season.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    1a) My ability to enjoy the game has increased in inverse proportion to that. PvE is a sucker's game.

This, so much. Some team-mates and I chatting in-game about Gauntlet: there's an HB! Do we want to play for it? And I (and it sounds like a couple others) are simply not even reaching for it right from the get go. Your experience is exactly mine: I mentioned in this chat how I've been enjoying playing the game on my timeline/terms.

Our alliance gave up PVE about three seasons ago, and it may be the only thing that has kept me going. The PVE grind is easy to burn out on. I originally wasn't sure how I'd take to no PVE, but now the rate times I try to get back into it I almost immediately regret the time and effort commitment.

Nice stats again, thanks. Good to see the pull numbers up, though the very rare 4*'s certainly don't seem like it still.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    I'm sure you have your reason(s), but why didn't you wait for new characters to be added into tokens in, like, 10 hours or so?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    hurcules wrote:
    I'm sure you have your reason(s), but why didn't you wait for new characters to be added into tokens in, like, 10 hours or so?

Probably because Vision & 3BE are...well...meh.
  • El Satanno
    hurcules wrote:

Mostly habit. Unless there's some sought-after character I'm really interested in (like another Cyclops or Kamala) I don't really care all that much. I've got all the guys I need by now, so anything else that isn't a 4* is just bonus.
  • I'd like to quit PVE too....PVP has been so unstable, though. Not sure what to make of it anymore. And having to spend HP for 1 cover is unappetizing.
  • El Satanno
    raisinbman wrote:
    I'd like to quit PVE too....PVP has been so unstable, though. Not sure what to make of it anymore. And having to spend HP for 1 cover is unappetizing.

Go ahead. I will bet even money you won't regret it. You can still play PvE very casually and reap plenty of rewards. I actually play to progression often enough as the top reward has generally been something I need or want, and that doesn't often require much more than a single clear or two of a given sub, and maybe a little grinding at the tail end. The node rewards tend to be far more valuable than the placement awards relative to time/energy investment. Placement is an absolute mockery.
  • El Satanno wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I'd like to quit PVE too....PVP has been so unstable, though. Not sure what to make of it anymore. And having to spend HP for 1 cover is unappetizing.

Go ahead. I will bet even money you won't regret it. You can still play PvE very casually and reap plenty of rewards. I actually play to progression often enough as the top reward has generally been something I need or want, and that doesn't often require much more than a single clear or two of a given sub, and maybe a little grinding at the tail end. The node rewards tend to be far more valuable than the placement awards relative to time/energy investment. Placement is an absolute mockery.
    I'm seriously thinking about it. Disbanding my guild, going solo and casual. Or even quitting altogether. Placement has been casual enough lately that my guild can make top 100 PVE easily, but we haven't had 20 members in a while due to Ultron fallout. I just need to find an alternative...
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    The Gauntlet is really the only PVE I enjoy any longer because I'm not grinding the same nodes into dust. Each battle is a fresh new team that requires some thought into building a counter-team against. I have two days left in Gauntlet and 4 nodes left to go. It has been an enjoyable challenge. Most other PVEs can suck it.