Not tied up in licensing: Jessica Drew. Spider-Woman

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Jessica Drew has had it tough, being named after a legend in Marvel comics. She's constantly sexualized. She goes through more outfits (to be fair, they ROCK), but it's ridiculous. latest?cb=20131103161716

There's the classic redtile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.png .

the redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png spidey derived,

the purpletile.pngblacktile.png venom,

the spider-gwen which is, I guess, purpletile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png ,

and even the newer, less skanky blacktile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png . Do a google image search on Spider-Woman costume change marvel comics. Here.https://www.google.com/search?q=Spider+Woman+outfits&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS524US524&es_sm=93&biw=1280&bih=861&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=E71mVZb5LIW8ggSi24PIDQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&dpr=0.9#tbm=isch&q=Spider+Woman+costume+changes+marvel+comics

Of all the covers, and there are a **** TON of them, I think this one works best. It's Spider-Woman, but without immediate emphasis on ****, butt, or spread eagle. I mean, at that rate, she'd be better served with a name change to Major TnA. Because That's how Marvel draws her. She's the skankiest drawn character in Marvel.

But she's cool.

Spider-Woman_Vol_3_1_Variant.jpg
So I suggest star.pngstar.pngstar.png Spider-Woman. Probably the classic costume. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/4/19940-2960-22245-1-spider-woman.jpg though this one http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/23/Ultimate_SpiderMan_98_cover.jpg is just killer.
8750 HPs.

redflag.png Venom Blast. 9 AP.
Spider-Woman_Level_2_Ability.jpg
Spider-Woman's body naturally generates venom, which she uses to launch a concussive blast. Stun an enemy one turn and deal 350 damage.
Rank 2. Stun duration increased to 2 turns.
Rank 3. Remove damage but stun enemy team 2 turns.
Rank 4. Stun removed. Damage increased to 600.
Rank 5. Damage dealt increased to 900, and to the team instead. Stun her one turn.

Why remove the stun, right? Spider-Woman has shown that she can vary her Venom Blast depending on her target or targets. So the build you go for is determined by her company as well as who you want her to be.

yellowflag.png Because I said so. PASSIVE.
t1qfxy9mlldvbyb7qqbt.jpg
Spider-Woman's phermones warp your senses to her benefit. Whenever the enemy attacks Spider-Woman, she generates one protect.png tile of strength 20.
Rank 2. tile strength increased to 50.
Rank 3. Generate 2 protect.png tiles of strength 50.
Rank 4. Generate 1 strike.png tile of strength 50.
Rank 5. Generate 2 strike.png tiles of strength 50.

Again with the dichotomy. I want you to build her based on how you see her working out. And that means multiple viable builds. This is the way to have built Falcon.

blackflag.png Double Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. 10 AP.
jonathan-luna-spider-woman-origins-cover-spider-woman-and-hydra.jpg
Spider-Woman goes deep cover to decipher the enemy plans. Steal all enemy AP by 2.
Rank 2. AP steal increased to 3.
Rank 3. Place a 3 turn timer tile. (bomb). destroy 3x3 grid.
Rank 4. timer decreased to 2 turns.
Rank 5. Place a second timer tile.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First, let me preface this by saying, i do not know much about the character..

Does the blackflag.png still steal AP at higher covers? If so, i see alot of 3/5/5 for her.

The abilities are a little all over the place, may need to wiki her.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    AP steal no matter what.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    AP steal no matter what.

Then a solid 3/5/5.

Which means the yellowflag.png may need some tweaking. There should be an incentive for different builds.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    AP steal no matter what.

Then a solid 3/5/5.

Which means the yellowflag.png may need some tweaking. There should be an incentive for different builds.

agree. The first ability needs a tweak.