I am willing to buy if the game offers an HP sale...

Carnage_78
Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
My spideycoin.png reserve is getting low & I want to announce my desire to spend money on the game. The objective here is to try to attract enough attention from the game developers to trigger a spideycoin.png sale as I think that it as been some time now since we had one. Or am I wrong?

Actually, I will make a deal with the game developers, I am willing to go as far as to buy an Asgard Treasure instead of my usual Logan's Loonies if a spideycoin.png sale happens soon.

I guess that it is at least worth a shot... icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    i was really hoping for a sale as well but after looking at my roster i double thinking about putting anymore cash into this game. if they bumped the treaure up to 10000 post i might think about buying it.

or after the bump make treasure at least 12,500 coins (enough to buy 10 3 star covers)
    10 covers
    2 cage red
    3 kahn yellow
    3 thor green
    2 punish red icon_e_smile.gif

if was given that i be happy to toss 50 into the game
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    I've never bought any covers & don't intend to buy any.

The thing I do buy are roster slots though as I don't like selling off characters that I've put effort & time to build up even if I won't use them much any more. I guess that I am the collector type so I am keen on keeping to spend spideycoin.png there & also for shields if a sale comes along. icon_cool.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got a Bullseye in my stash waiting for a roster spot, I'm supposed to be getting Invisible Woman via daily rewards in a week or so here, and a couple months from now supposedly Devil Dinosaur (unless the day 365 rewards got changed for those of us who are still catching up).

Difficulty: my 52nd roster spot is gonna be 650 HP, and the wiki seems to think the next two after that are going to be 700 each. In other words, matters have reached the point where the cost of roster slots has outpaced my $5 impulse spend point.

Would I like to pick up some Hero Points with an eye towards future roster needs? Sure, but the sale would need to be offering at least 700 Hero Points for $5 for me to be able to take advantage.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    In other words, matters have reached the point where the cost of roster slots has outpaced my $5 impulse spend point.
    Are you in an alliance? The extra 25-100 HP per event/sub really add up over time - my slots cost 850 and I always have plenty of HP on hand.
  • DFiPL
    shade_tree wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    In other words, matters have reached the point where the cost of roster slots has outpaced my $5 impulse spend point.
    Are you in an alliance? The extra 25-100 HP per event/sub really add up over time - my slots cost 850 and I always have plenty of HP on hand.

It's a casual alliance. Maybe half the members in it play any given day.

Which, shrug. I'm fine with that. I barely play PVP, so I'm not really interested in any alliance that wants 600 or 1000 or whatever point total from PVP each event. I'm content to play for my own pursuits, and if the alliance happens to do well enough to land a cover or a token or Hero Points every once in a while, bonus.

But mostly when it comes to Hero Points I'm on my own.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    shade_tree wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

It's a casual alliance. Maybe half the members in it play any given day.

Which, shrug. I'm fine with that. I barely play PVP, so I'm not really interested in any alliance that wants 600 or 1000 or whatever point total from PVP each event. I'm content to play for my own pursuits, and if the alliance happens to do well enough to land a cover or a token or Hero Points every once in a while, bonus.

But mostly when it comes to Hero Points I'm on my own.

Top 250 PvP alliance will net you 50HP, usually about 300pts per event which you can do in about an hour or two. Push to 400pts for another 25HP which nets you about 75HP every few days.
    Requirements for a top 500 PvP is probably even lower than that and would give you 25HP

Otherwise find a better casual alliance for PvE, you don't need top 100, top 500 will do (25HP)
    Just hop public alliance up the rankings until you find one in a decent position.

800HP for me, the only good thing is i only need Panther and Dino so can hopefully keep ahead... until the do another consecutive character release phase.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    Actually, I will make a deal with the game developers, I am willing to go as far as to buy an Asgard Treasure instead of my usual Logan's Loonies if a spideycoin.png sale happens soon.

Try offering to buy five Stark salaries, and maybe the devs will consider it. icon_twisted.gif Seriously though, the last time D3 had a sale on hp was right before the thoress nerf went into effect (in March, i believe). Was it appeasement to players/forumites who were upset with the nerf? Or was the sale simply a way to coerce players who bought hp/iso before learning of the nerf to stay in the game? Who knows. icon_mrgreen.gif

suffice to say that these hp sales are few and rare. So it behooves you to spend more money and load up on hp when the next sale comes around. icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow

Top 250 PvP alliance will net you 50HP, usually about 300pts per event which you can do in about an hour or two. Push to 400pts for another 25HP which nets you about 75HP every few days.
    Requirements for a top 500 PvP is probably even lower than that and would give you 25HP

Also, don't neglect pve events. If you place top 50 in a sub now, you get HP for individual reward. If you place high in the cumulative rankings, you get HP too. Plus if your alliance is top 100, every member gets some HP too.

I agree that finding a good alliance for either pve or pvp is the best way to accumulate hp quickly.
  • In all honesty, with the slog that they have turned PvP into over the past month or two, even if I wasn't F2P, I would not reward those actions with a purchase. That said, if they can make PvP fun, quick, and rewarding again, I will reconsider my stance.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's a sale on now, apparently. Good for another day or so. I've been on the fence about buying during a sale, too. But since I get by on in-game HP I've been letting it slip. I was actually going to buy after Deadpool's Taco Thing started as a way of saying "thanks," but there wasn't a sale until after some other design decisions made me all grumpy and reluctant again. Figures.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I wont be spending any more money on this game until roster slot prices are set. I have dropped about $160 so far since January, but not again with ridiculous cost to hold a character. If I have to pay about $10 to just have a char in my roster, and they release 2/month? Um, no. Hell, that should be giving me a fully covered char in any other game.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    There's a sale on now, apparently. Good for another day or so. I've been on the fence about buying during a sale, too. But since I get by on in-game HP I've been letting it slip. I was actually going to buy after Deadpool's Taco Thing started as a way of saying "thanks," but there wasn't a sale until after some other design decisions made me all grumpy and reluctant again. Figures.

Not seeing a sale....
  • Malcrof wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

Not seeing a sale....

I think I remember reading something about users getting special sales exclusive to their accounts but I could be completely wrong. icon_e_geek.gif
  • DFiPL
    Requirements for a top 500 PvP is probably even lower than that and would give you 25HP/quote]

What part of "I barely play PvP so I don't really have an interest in a PvP alliance" was unclear? icon_e_wink.gif

The alliance I'm in is with people I've known for probably fifteen years. And it's casual. I'm fine with it.

Besides, "go find a better alliance" isn't really an appropriate answer to "roster slot costs are outstripping my willingness to spend," you know?

The issue isn't with the alliance, it's with the infinitely escalating costs which are eventually going to price me out of the game entirely.
  • DFiPL
    puppychow wrote:

Also, don't neglect pve events. If you place top 50 in a sub now, you get HP for individual reward. If you place high in the cumulative rankings, you get HP too. Plus if your alliance is top 100, every member gets some HP too.

I agree that finding a good alliance for either pve or pvp is the best way to accumulate hp quickly.

Oh, for sure re: PvE. I've been placing pretty well in those of late when I have at least two of the essentials. I technically had two for Deadpool v. MPQ, but didn't have the roster slot for Bullseye, so he sat on the bench with the hopes that I could finish high enough to earn the rest of the Hero Points I need to open up his spot. Classic catch-22. I needed the Hero Points to open the spot so I could earn the Hero Points I need to open the spot.
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I do believe there are three stores, and each could have their own sales. Steam, Apple, and Google. On top of that, D3 could offer a sale over all three stores.

I think.
  • puppychow
    I do believe there are three stores, and each could have their own sales. Steam, Apple, and Google. On top of that, D3 could offer a sale over all three stores.

I think.

You are correct. D3 has offered sales at different times for each store, and at the same time. So it goes either way. icon_lol.gif
  • If i'm not mistaken, they have had a sale the last two years on the forth of July weekend. Can anyone confirm?