Forum Quotes that literally make you laugh out loud!

Unknown
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I was reading through the train wreck portion of the PVP points change thread and found my self laughing so loudly that my co-worker actually came over. She didn't get it, she isn't an MPQ'er.

But I thought we should have a place to post quotes that make us laugh.

And to be honest, we need more fun post around here to offset the negativity that we have been seeing on the boards lately.
sc0ville wrote:
It's not about where people finish. It's about how many hit the progressives.

Also, the beneficial part of this change has not even commenced yet.

Can we go ahead and throw quotation marks around the word beneficial in that sentence?

"potentially less negative" is about as much credit as I'm willing to give it until we see it in action or get a more in depth explanation from the devs.

~emphasis added~

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't recall where it first appeared but "We play harder" always made me laugh as I imagine people really jabbing at their screens.
  • Linkster79 wrote:
    I can't recall where it first appeared but "We play harder" always made me laugh as I imagine people really jabbing at their screens.

You have a much cleaner mind than I.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    j12601 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

He didn't say what he imagined them jabbing their screen with.
  • j12601 wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:

He didn't say what he imagined them jabbing their screen with.

You beat me to it! I was going to say the same! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is my submission. I was in a very sarcastic mood.
    nihilium wrote:
    Since I got some very different answers depending on who I ask, Ill just post my question here icon_e_smile.gif

Does the scaling in PvE (and maybe the matchmaking in PvP) depend on the lvl of the heroes in my roster or not?
    Potentially, probably, most likely
    nihilium wrote:
    And if it is related, whats the best way to lvl up some characters?
    With ISO
    nihilium wrote:
    I really need to put some iso into something..anything, but Im scared enemy lvls will go up to 200++ just because I added 50lvls here or there.
    Can anyone help me with this? =)
    Nope I cannot help you are the only one who can put ISO into your characters
    nihilium wrote:
    Also if scaling isnt messed up by my roster lvl, what does mess it up? ^^
    D3 is out to get you. Don't let them fool you, they have made it personal. I don't know why
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I should dig back way back to my old days and nab some of my greats.
  • wymtime wrote:

such a troll. But a good humored one. I effing love it! icon_lol.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was the most epic comeback i have ever seen on this forum.. and it was just a day or so ago
    BlackIC wrote:
    Hi MPQ Community,

Thanks for the feedback and it is good to know that I am not alone with these observations. Maybe D3 can comment on the following suggestion?

Instead of having a negative impact on the rating, the penalty could be a percentage of what a victory could earn with subsequent victorious attacks. The percentage can be capped so progress could not slow down to an absolute stop. In addition to a possible retaliation cool down, it addresses a couple of things.

1. Progression can be made toward the magical 1000 threshold to gain those coveted 4* covers.
    2. The grind still has to be done in order to reach that level.
    3. MPQ'ers that are serious in winning the PvP contest will still have to use shields in order to gain the highest levels since the rating penalty would hinder their rise to the top.

Regards,
    Black IC

the next reply
    I know what you mean. I really hate it when I'm over 1k and some tinykitty in the 500s hits me.

zvWyH27.jpg?1

BOOM!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:

such a troll. But a good humored one. I effing love it! icon_lol.gif

I normally only save this type of sarcasim for in person but I could not help myself icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=17255

I had to search for this one.

I didn't so much LOL, but rather did a massive ****. Everybody went to town on it; poor guy never posted again.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=17255

I had to search for this one.

I didn't so much LOL, but rather did a massive ****. Everybody went to town on it; poor guy never posted again.

That's comedy gold!
  • Linkster79
    What we intend, and continue to drill in on is that we want players to have a broad mix of characters instead of a Top 3 that is their sole team to play with.

Anyone guess where that is from?

Nice to see 3 massively overpowered 5* characters that when maxed could walk to the top of any leader board.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    This will always be my favorite quote. I literally spit coffee out of my mouth onto my computer monitor at work. I could not stop laughing at the sentence in bold
    DerDave wrote:
    i honestly used to think that i had a bad RNG going on. the following happened:

- two of my Alliance-Mates had a green Hulk in a Standard-Token at the same time. Not that bad actually, i know.....
    - i was playing simultaneously with a friend of mine who had a yellow Mohawk out of a Deadpool-Taco. I was like "hey, i didn´t used mine until now!".... and what i got? A green Mohawk (yes, different color, but still fishy...)
    - yesterday i played at the same time as my girlfriend. she pulled purple Moonstone out of a both of her Tacos. Guess what!? So did I...

Had other similar instances but i don't remember them as well as the aforementioned. I want to keep some kind of credibility icon_e_wink.gif

p.s.: in case you´re wondering: yes, i got my whole family and friends hooked to this game...

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=24269

Girlfriend pulling purple Moonstones out of her taco is classic icon_lol.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woah! Holy thread necro!
    Isn't this whole thread essentially "calling people out" which is now a big old no-no?

Anyway, I think my current favorite is
    you're supposed to lose
    , although who can forget this gem?
    second chances for players who have supported the game financially and have been caught using an exploit are possible

I still have a soft spot for
    this too shall pass
    but that didn't originate on the forums.
  • Linkster79
    Mawtful wrote:
    Woah! Holy thread necro!
    Isn't this whole thread essentially "calling people out" which is now a big old no-no?

Anyway, I think my current favorite is
    you're supposed to lose
    , although who can forget this gem?
    second chances for players who have supported the game financially and have been caught using an exploit are possible

I still have a soft spot for
    this too shall pass
    but that didn't originate on the forums.

Love all of those.

From the same thread and post I quoted earlier I have this gem
    We want you to keep playing on your own schedule. We want you to play with multiple characters.